C4 Forums | Control4

FOR GOODNESS SAKE STOP FAN NOISE>>>

I'm pretty sure he gets really drunk and then posts rants.

It's the only way most of what he says makes any sense.  I now resort to reading *all* his posts with a drunk Wappinghigh voice in my head.  It makes it much more entertaining.

You'd think by now he'd realize that the network gear industry doesn't read c4forums.com.

:)

RyanE

I'm pretty sure he gets really drunk and then posts rants.

It's the only way most of what he says makes any sense.  I now resort to reading *all* his posts with a drunk Wappinghigh voice in my head.  It makes it much more entertaining.

You'd think by now he'd realize that the network gear industry doesn't read c4forums.com.

RyanE

Sense?

Oh and I use "Walter's" voice from the Muppets movie :P

haha Thanks guys

LOL (because you are going to need too...because I can't hear you because of the fan noise!)

Lilin NVR. Noisy

Planet Injector. Noisy

Cisco  50 port Gigabit switch. Insanely noisy

DD NAS. noisy

Even Kevin L agrees with me (which is a first! haha): he's making money with fan mods. :)

Point being this noise might (just) be OK for commercial installs. I say just because I'd reckon if tested properly by an audiology engineer, it may well fail an industrial workplace noise test and subsequently be banned..

(long term exposure to low level continuous noise has been shown to harm hearing..)

Anyway my point is as these sort of high end network and other electronics products filter down into HA and domestic installs the industry really has to get a grip on this issue..

Cheers (Oh and I'm perfectly sane BTW) hahahahaha

RyanE

That's the problem.

Has Control 4 held meetings about this with various manufacturers to try get some sort of household standard on this?

Because they need to...

Networked HA is the backbone of their very existence...

The individual manufacturers couldn't care less... their usual market is banks, offices and industrial I'd reckon

The planet POE has gone back: but you guys should experience the carry on by retailers over here....

3 weeks out no refund, and little contact despite me offering store credit to resolve the issue...

Again. It's easy when ya'll can just return stock no questions asked. I assure this is *not* the case in the country where I live :)

That's the problem.

Has Control 4 held meetings about this with various manufacturers to try get some sort of household standard on this?

Because they need to...

Networked HA is the backbone of their very existence...

The individual manufacturers couldn't care less... their usual market is banks, offices and industrial I'd reckon

The planet POE has gone back: but you guys should experience the carry on by retailers over here....

3 weeks out no refund, and little contact despite me offering store credit to resolve the issue...

Again. It's easy when ya'll can just return stock no questions asked. I assure this is *not* the case in the country where I live :)

Why do you think C4 should be doing this?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Why do you think C4 should be doing this?

Because like I said. 

C4 is in the business of network co-ordinating electronic gear in the home.

Logic follows it's in Control4's interest to promote the best possible standards and the spread of accurate information on networking equipment, video/audio distribution etc etc that are best for "the connected home"

And one of those standards should be noise free equipment.

And another positive thing they could do (for themselves) is to get the information out there to everyone

Personally, I think Control4 is in the business of making their products the best they can be, not heading an industry consortium on lowering the volume of fans on networking gear.

Why don't you do it?  You likely have the same amount of credibility to networking gear manufacturers as Control4 does.  You seem to have plenty of time to do it, just using the time you use to complain that Control4 isn't doing it.

Seriously, what networking gear mfg is going to listen to Control4, we don't even *make* networking gear.

RyanE

P.S.  I note you never said you don't post drunk.  I'm still going with that theory.

I don't care what you guys think about me when I post.

Fact is Im planning a new instal which requires switch and POE upgrades.

To handle multiple video streams and camera feeds.

This I am planning to control with C4 again. Silly me I guess.

Because of the bandwidth required I may need fast switches. 10gb links even. The switch manufactures don't often post easy to find fan and noise info.

Is this my fault ?

Someone posts that C4 has a compatible list out there for dealers.

My dealer has asked me to help source the non c4 gear

Guess what. This is common practice where I live. Every dealer I've used before has asked this.

I'm saying why not get this displayed Easy for everyone?.

And include noise levels.

Geez.

What's the problem asking that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you guys just don't understand.

In our market its a collaborative effort between dealer and customer. We are bouncing ideas about a project as we go: I find something he then uses it in his next project. He knows something he plans it for mine. We still don't know how we are going to run the bandwidth or roll the video streams because it's a retrofit home.

It's work in progress

That's just how it is often Ryan.

Life's not like one big planned organized build where everyone knows the facts.

HA is a dynamic changing world. You know that.

So make it as easy for us as you can.

That's why I'm coming back on here seeking more info

All I'm saying is try getting that info out their as quick as possible but keep the info domestic focused. That's all :)

I don't care what you guys think about me when I post.

Fact is Im planning a new instal which requires switch and POE upgrades.

To handle multiple video streams and camera feeds.

This I am planning to control with C4 again. Silly me I guess.

Because of the bandwidth required I may need fast switches. 10gb links even. The switch manufactures don't often post easy to find fan and noise info.

Is this my fault ?

Someone posts that C4 has a compatible list out there for dealers.

My dealer has asked me to help source the non c4 gear

Guess what. This is common practice where I live. Every dealer I've used before has asked this.

I'm saying why not get this displayed Easy for everyone?.

And include noise levels.

Geez.

What's the problem asking that?

I don't see how you need 10gb links in your house

Thanks for that msg... Yeah. I'm tending to think that as well.

It's too and fro daily at the moment: JAP vs HDbase ...

There will be a lot of bandwidth required

9 x 1080p security cams. 4 HDMI sources 6 HDMI zones. And we are finding cable pull will be a problem some parts of the house. All shared between 2 switches (ie 2 buildings... ).... all the networking gear and any matrix I might chose (if I go this route) will live right close inside family areas. Hence the noise issue ....

Thanks for that msg... Yeah. I'm tending to think that as well.

It's too and fro daily at the moment: JAP vs HDbase ...

There will be a lot of bandwidth required

9 x 1080p security cams. 4 HDMI sources 6 HDMI zones. And we are finding cable pull will be a problem some parts of the house. All shared between 2 switches (ie 2 buildings... ).... all the networking and any matrix I might chose (if I go this route) will live right close inside family areas. Hence the noise issue ....

thats nothing.. How ever you must use the Cisco SG300 or SG500 series switches if you are going to do JAP.  Ive designed 75x150 JAP systems and its no big deal :) 

Archived