C4 Forums | Control4

2.7 Upgrade and new communication agent not working

I have 13 IE Touch screens and 2 door stations that no longer function with the new intercom agent when a broadcast call is made the system locks up and no TS can answer the call.  Several TS under the communications agent go from idle to Busy or indicate Max calls.  The communication agent was successfully updated by my dealer.  I have tried a system reboot and refresh of the navigators without success.  Any suggestions?

I have the same issue, you are not alone.  I thought it was alone!  I did so much network trouble shooting and such.....ugh!!  I did get mine working.  You will need to have you dealer, remove all TS and door stations, then delete the communication agent.  After that, go back into 2.6 and add the intercom agent and add all the TSs back.  Of course all programming will have to be redone on the TSs and door stations.  But the door stations are faster on 2.7 if you don't update to the communication agent.  

If you have new TS3, then update to communication agent, if all old TSs, don't!!

Are you getting the rewritten intercom software if you don't upgrade to the communications agent?  Because the old one has been a broken mess since the beginning.  Constantly having to reboot touchscreens because the intercoms are offline.  Least reliable part of Control4 for me by far in 3 1/2 years of ownership.

I want to get new a new touchscreen or two but it will be after I see what they are going to do to replace essential Flash apps.

You will need to have you dealer, remove all TS and door stations then delete the communication agent , in composer 2.7. After that, go back into composer 2.6 and add the intercom agent and add all the TSs back. Of course all programming will have to be redone on the TSs and door stations.

Had a remote dealer do an upgrade for me last night. Work up to 2.7 this morning. I think he did replace the touch screens in the project because all the programming is gone from there (button presses don't work, etc). The only issue I have found is that the broadcast audio to all screens only works for a second and then cuts out. He did put in something for my iPhone to call the touch screens (although he said he wasn't sure how reliably it would work). Tested it out a bit (with iphone) and its flaky at best. App has to be open to receive a call from the phone, and when the phone calls the TS it automatically hangs up the call once it's answered from the TS.

The new UI refinements are very welcome though!

The communications agent is very buggy.  I have 13 TS and 2 doorstations and I can make point to point calls but the minute I broadcast a call the SIP server gets overloaded and things start to shut down.  About half my touch screens get stuck on the accept call screen and it wont disappear.  I have made sure none of the clients are set to auto answer or monitor mode.  It looks like a broadcast issue imo.  

This is of course after my dealer tried to remedy the issue by removing all TS, removing the communication agent and re-adding all the new TS drivers without using the wizard (the wizard caused the same issues).  

Hi everyone, my name is Steve Oar. I am the product manager at Control4 that is responsible for our communication solutions (Intercom). I just wanted you to know that we are working with your dealers to help them resolve the issues you are reporting.

Looks like I've got the same garbage with the Intercoms not connecting with 2.7 that I've had with every other C4 version since 2011.  And it seems the Communication agent isn't ready for prime time, so I get to keep rebooting touchscreens all the time.  Oh joy. 

Hopefully I'll see some posts when things actually work, I won't hold my breath.

Hi everyone, my name is Steve Oar. I am the product manager at Control4 that is responsible for our communication solutions (Intercom). I just wanted you to know that we are working with your dealers to help them resolve the issues you are reporting.

Stephen, I have to ask, is there any additional work being done on the old intercom agent or is this resolution of issues only going to apply to the Communications agent?

• 1 month later...

Just for info, another issue not related to the actual intercom.

After a weeks testing I put the Intercom agent back using Composer Pro 2.6.

My main issue was that the contacts on the Door Stations stopped working altogether, a real pain as this stopped several aspects of my system functioning properly.

Once the Intercom agent was put back all was fine both with the contacts and the actual intercom on touchscreens themselves.

Archived