C4 Forums | Control4

EDS MyQ Driver Revival - AND FREE

• 3 months later...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't seem to figure out a way to have the MYQ garage door opener show up in the navigator.  I tried connecting to the generic garage door relay/contact driver but it doesn't actually open the door, but it gives it a status of being OPEN.... which is false.  I'm assuming I may need to add more custom programming to open the door. I also can't figure out how to bind the light to anything.  There aren't any switches, dimmers, or keypads in the house to bind to but I was hoping there was a virtual switch of some sort that would show up on the navigator.  I read over all these messages a few times, but maybe I've missed something.  The only simple way I could get the door to open and close was with the Custom Buttons Agent on the Navigator.  Help would be appreciated.  

On 9/13/2016 at 9:45 PM, AK1 said:

The generic garage door driver

Ya, I got that too.  Failed to mention it but thanks for the confirmation.  I guess the light won't turn on until there's a physical switch of some sort to bind to.

Regardless, I appreciate the hard work that was done to create this driver and support it.  Many Control4 end users will benefit from this and @ericscales desserves a lot of credit for this.  Thank you

29 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Ya, I got that too.  Failed to mention it but thanks for the confirmation.  I guess the light won't turn on until there's a physical switch of some sort to bind to.

Regardless, I appreciate the hard work that was done to create this driver and support it.  Many Control4 end users will benefit from this and @ericsales desserves a lot of credit for this.  Thank you

I'm assuming the driver is using what is already built into the myQ app. In the myQ app there is no control for light so I might need some upgraded opener for that functionality. Regardless, the lights on the opener are motion sensor so it works how I like. There are two extra, plain bulb lights in the garage separate from the opener I can eventually get a C4 light switch for for extra functionality

@ericscales appreciate your work!

On 6/13/2016 at 2:14 PM, Meat7250 said:

Would anyone know what would cause my garage door to re-open once it reaches a closed state?  It seems to be happening about 50% of the time and only when this driver is installed.  If i remove it from C4, my door seems to work okay with the transmitter and the MyQ chamberlain app.  I have adjusted the travel distance on the opener itself which didn't solve the problem which leads me to believe it's the driver or a short somewhere.  Does anyone know of a setting within the driver that may help remedy this issue?

Thanks,

That is an interesting one.  Are you still having the issue?  Sorry for the incredibly late response.  Every time I get back into the mood to dig into the drivers I seem to get piled up with work from the day job.

13 hours ago, dcovach said:

Regardless, I appreciate the hard work that was done to create this driver and support it.  Many Control4 end users will benefit from this and @ericsales desserves a lot of credit for this.  Thank you

Hey there.  With all the proper bindings you can control the doors from the "Locks & Sensors" view through navigator without the need for keypads.  I really should update the documentation with this (and will do so for next release), but here are some things to check:

Connections:

1. MyQ Controller -> MyQ Door Opener
  2. MyQ Door Opener (Relay and contact sensor) -> Generic Garage Door

In the attached images, I show how I have mine setup.

"Main Garage Door-MyQ" is the MyQ driver and "Main Garage Door" is the generic garage door.  Note that while I have toggle buttons bound, it's not necessary.

Hope this helps.

garagedoor-connections.png

myqdoor-connections.png

Thats excellent.  Thank you.  I do have it set up like that but it wasn't opening the garage door from the navigator.  To clarify any confusion as to what I was trying....its possible that the button push on the navigator was happening before I refreshed the navigator. I wasn't at the site to see when the button push from the C4 app was happening.  Since I was setting up this driver remotely, it was hard to know if the connections were working or not.  I did some custom programming to make this work so the proper status shows on generic garage door button on the navigator as I did not know if making connections to the generic garage door driver was all that was necessary.  I will be testing this on my own garage doors in the near future but I'd like to confirm with @koxkp if he is getting proper operation and status' with the custom programming I did (currently) or with just the connections.  If I remove the custom programming so that the connections are like what you displayed, I still don't know for sure if the status of the garage door button on the navigator updates to "ON" or "OFF" when the owner presses the factory chamberlain garage door opener button to open, or close.  I did custom programming to make the status accurate but, like I said, I was remote so it was hard to know and maybe I did too much.

6 hours ago, dcovach said:

Thats excellent.  Thank you.  I do have it set up like that but it wasn't opening the garage door from the navigator.  To clarify any confusion as to what I was trying....its possible that the button push on the navigator was happening before I refreshed the navigator. I wasn't at the site to see when the button push from the C4 app was happening.  Since I was setting up this driver remotely, it was hard to know if the connections were working or not.  I did some custom programming to make this work so the proper status shows on generic garage door button on the navigator as I did not know if making connections to the generic garage door driver was all that was necessary.  I will be testing this on my own garage doors in the near future but I'd like to confirm with @koxkp if he is getting proper operation and status' with the custom programming I did (currently) or with just the connections.  If I remove the custom programming so that the connections are like what you displayed, I still don't know for sure if the status of the garage door button on the navigator updates to "ON" or "OFF" when the owner presses the factory chamberlain garage door opener button to open, or close.  I did custom programming to make the status accurate but, like I said, I was remote so it was hard to know and maybe I did too much.

Hey @dcovach, sorry I was busy to get back to you yesterday. I did test out the garage door yesterday and was seeing some weird results. It seemed it was having a similar issue to @Meat7250 above, but when i opened it, it would stay open for about 30 seconds and close automatically. It did this from both C4 and outside of C4 so I was confused and then I tried again from the myQ app and it didn't do it, so it wasn't consistent.

Also, under security the door is always showing closed, but that may just be because it didn't stay open more than 30 seconds yesterday.

12 minutes ago, koxkp said:

Hey @dcovach, sorry I was busy to get back to you yesterday. I did test out the garage door yesterday and was seeing some weird results. It seemed it was having a similar issue to @Meat7250 above, but when i opened it, it would stay open for about 30 seconds and close automatically. It did this from both C4 and outside of C4 so I was confused and then I tried again from the myQ app and it didn't do it, so it wasn't consistent.

Also, under security the door is always showing closed, but that may just be because it didn't stay open more than 30 seconds yesterday.

Ok.  I will remove the custom programming and see if the driver alone works properly.  

11 hours ago, wappinghigh said:

Hey Eric. Just read this first post..  OMG.. I still luv ya man...Just sayin.  W

Heheheh.  I'm less bitter now.  I had fun finding beta bugs but for the best as I don't really have time anyway now.  Hope all is well!!

21 hours ago, ericscales said:

Hey there.  With all the proper bindings you can control the doors from the "Locks & Sensors" view through navigator without the need for keypads.  I really should update the documentation with this (and will do so for next release), but here are some things to check:

Connections:

1. MyQ Controller -> MyQ Door Opener
  2. MyQ Door Opener (Relay and contact sensor) -> Generic Garage Door

In the attached images, I show how I have mine setup.

"Main Garage Door-MyQ" is the MyQ driver and "Main Garage Door" is the generic garage door.  Note that while I have toggle buttons bound, it's not necessary.

Hope this helps.

garagedoor-connections.png

myqdoor-connections.png

This is definitely the correct way to do it.  The driver works!

i've been using this for awhile (thanks again for the driver @ericscales!) but i've noticed an odd bug. in the navigators it shows the "last action" time as the last time it checked the status, which is usually around 20 seconds apart. not sure if this can be fixed, and it's not a huge deal, just something i've noticed :)

6 hours ago, Christopher Spitler said:

i've been using this for awhile (thanks again for the driver @ericscales!) but i've noticed an odd bug. in the navigators it shows the "last action" time as the last time it checked the status, which is usually around 20 seconds apart. not sure if this can be fixed, and it's not a huge deal, just something i've noticed :)

Yes, that's my fault.  Way back when I was mucking around with getting the states to properly update (as timely as possible) and I'm improperly updating the states when they shouldn't be.  I'm working on getting this fixed for the next release.

Just now, ericscales said:

Yes, that's my fault.  Way back when I was mucking around with getting the states to properly update (as timely as possible) and I'm improperly updating the states when they shouldn't be.  I'm working on getting this fixed for the next release.

ha it's all good. no worries, glad it wasn't just me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed this, works great. My only gripe is that the time on my 7" is of when the motors/sensors icon is pushed. IE: If I close my garage at 6:00PM, and I go to my touchscreen at 6:31PM, the icon text under motors/sensors says 6:31PM (time of when I hit motors/sensors, not the time of the actual garage action)   and it does not display the correct status of the door... 

It does work great on my mobile app, and it does open/close from the TS when I tell it too...just not accurate on the TS.

• 3 weeks later...

MyQ has some security and feature changes coming. I've been getting emails that an old app I'm using will be unsupported soon. Guessing it's this driver causing the emails from LiftMaster.

Any plans to update the driver, just curious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived