C4 Forums | Control4

EDS MyQ Driver Revival - AND FREE

1 hour ago, cdepaola said:

Now that the free driver will no longer be free I'm guessing its not going to get fixed until they are ready to re-release the driver as a paid product...  That's just my guess....  Which makes sense as their time is money, its unfortunate though... 

So the EDS driver isn't free any more?  Makes the thread title what you Americans call an "alternate fact". 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it would be awesome if it remained free it makes little to no sense for it to remain so. Your time is money even if you got the base code from someone else you still have to put time into it to keep it working. Your a business not a hobbiest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, THEORY said:

Where does it say the driver won't be FREE?

Well to be fair - under Annex4 it did mention that it MIGHT have a small charge if it DIDN'T remain free ^_^

At the time we release we will make this clear, I would venture to say our driver if there is a cost will be 50% of the cost of the HouseLogix driver or less while giving you more features

but like I said - FAKE NEWS! :D

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:47 PM, annex⁴ said:

The intention would be to make it more dealer friendly and utilize our back end for updates etc.  We would like to maintain Eric's initial intentions.  It really is a matter of what it takes to get it transferred over.  There may be a cost but if there is it will be with more features and the ability to have support from us. The driver exists in this thread and there is no intention on our part to have that removed, that would be something Eric would have to decide.

At the time we release we will make this clear, I would venture to say our driver if there is a cost will be 50% of the cost of the HouseLogix driver or less while giving you more features.

To be fair it states there may be a cost....

also if there is a cost...

I just want to state that while this driver as of two days ago for me is no longer allowing me to open and close my garage doors it is still telling control4 when they are left open as i still get my c4 push alerts for that.

It does bum me out that this driver had been working for so long and then they decide to break it when i have had it for less than three weeks!

2 minutes ago, blackfiveo1 said:

THink its funny how they mentioned how they were going to keep his intent intact, cleary his main intent was to make it FREE and the first thing they do is break it for everyone using it, what a bunch of pricks

they didn't break it for everyone - Chamberlain broke it

34 minutes ago, blackfiveo1 said:

THink its funny how they mentioned how they were going to keep his intent intact, cleary his main intent was to make it FREE and the first thing they do is break it for everyone using it, what a bunch of pricks

You're mixing up the who how and what here.

Just to be clear I did not mean they as in the driver creator, i did mean it as MyQ.

I would love to be able to do something to try and get it working again but the problem is two fold for me...

1. The driver is encrypted.... Even if i could edit it and fix it myself I have no way of testing or verifying it was fixed without a dealer right there ready to test with me. The fact the driver is still partially working suggests that the API changes where not too major.

2. Even if the creator pops in soon with an updated version I still have to get my dealer to install it.

This is still my biggest peeve with this C4 system is that I am so not in control of it. I am just being given the illusion of control.

Don't get me wrong I love what the system can do and have had lots of fun automating in it but it really sucks to be at the mercy of others for certain things.

18 minutes ago, DIEHARD said:

Just to be clear I did not mean they as in the driver creator, i did mean it as MyQ.

I would love to be able to do something to try and get it working again but the problem is two fold for me...

1. The driver is encrypted.... Even if i could edit it and fix it myself I have no way of testing or verifying it was fixed without a dealer right there ready to test with me. The fact the driver is still partially working suggests that the API changes where not too major.

2. Even if the creator pops in soon with an updated version I still have to get my dealer to install it.

This is still my biggest peeve with this C4 system is that I am so not in control of it. I am just being given the illusion of control.

Don't get me wrong I love what the system can do and have had lots of fun automating in it but it really sucks to be at the mercy of others for certain things.

The "Creator" no longer controls this driver, it was sold/given to a dealer a short time ago.  He has been involved in this discussion but has made no mention of a fix or given any timeline. 

17 hours ago, blackfiveo1 said:

You do know the driver that is posted publicly here has not been touched by annex4?

Anything that has stopped functioning is because Chamberlin/Liftmaster has made it that way.

updates in the coming days means updates in information, not in drivers.

Do you have any timeline on driver updates? Going to move to the other driver option or go back to using a hacked remote otherwise.

"I got broken driver, ain't nobody got time for that!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

So is this driver fully dead now? The only driver on see on Annex4's site now is the portal one for the touchscreens.
I am trying not to support houselogix. I didn't pay attention to the whole drama of them not supporting third parties but I just went to try and download some drivers I bought previously, and the driver download files are gone even though my licenses are there. That I find, super annoying. 

If the EDS one is done, other than WINK, are there any other options?

Archived