C4 Forums | Control4

EDS MyQ Driver Revival - AND FREE

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

So I have a few questions after reading this post and looking at the drivers... Is this driver still working with LiftMaster MyQ? Did they update the API and break it?

Also in the documentation it talks about a License Key yet the subject of the post states free… Do I just need to email and request one? Do I actually need one at all?

I really wish I would have looked into this while my dealer was installing my system but when he told me it would be $200 buy the driver to integrate... without hesitation i said no! I figure my dealer just didn't know about this as an option. I just wanted to make sure this was still a valid option before getting back to my dealer to figure out what they will charge to install it.

11 minutes ago, DIEHARD said:

So I have a few questions after reading this post and looking at the drivers... Is this driver still working with LiftMaster MyQ? Did they update the API and break it?

Also in the documentation it talks about a License Key yet the subject of the post states free… Do I just need to email and request one? Do I actually need one at all?

I really wish I would have looked into this while my dealer was installing my system but when he told me it would be $200 buy the driver to integrate... without hesitation i said no! I figure my dealer just didn't know about this as an option. I just wanted to make sure this was still a valid option before getting back to my dealer to figure out what they will charge to install it.

it's free, no license required, and yes it still works. 

We have inherited this code and will be updating it in the future to work on our platform.

Yup still works and works well, get it while it's still free! Sounds like it's free status is about to change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The intention would be to make it more dealer friendly and utilize our back end for updates etc.  We would like to maintain Eric's initial intentions.  It really is a matter of what it takes to get it transferred over.  There may be a cost but if there is it will be with more features and the ability to have support from us. The driver exists in this thread and there is no intention on our part to have that removed, that would be something Eric would have to decide.

At the time we release we will make this clear, I would venture to say our driver if there is a cost will be 50% of the cost of the HouseLogix driver or less while giving you more features.

ok, so I guess the question is the "legacy" driver that many have installed will continue to work as is, or will be forced to update/purchase? 

Just curious  everyone I installed with a disclaimer that it may just stop working one day and they would need to purchase a driver at $199 so half price would make them happy! 

I emailed my Dealer last night and sent them this driver and they where excited enough they threw it on for free for me! They didn't know there was a free version or they said they would have given that as an option during the install two days ago.

They did make sure to give me the whole support disclaimer about using free unofficial drivers but it is working great so if it stops working I will deal with it at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I've been using the EDS driver for nearly a year now and no complaints at all until this week. For some reason I get the following error in the lua. I've tried removing and re-adding the instances of the driver but no luck. The lua reads (when trying to get the token):

[string "Lua Code"]:2834: Invalid input: '<html><head><title>Request Rejected</title></head><body>Your request has been denied.<br><br>[5442595389007969191]</body></html>' (ReceivedAsync) 

If i try to reset the bindings I get:

[string "Lua Code"]:2834: Invalid input: '<html><head><title>Request Rejected</title></head><body>Your request has been denied.<br><br>[5442595389007969191]</body></html>' (ReceivedAsync)

Has anyone encountered this before? I searched the forums but can't seem to find similar issues. I know the myq gateway is working as I still am able to use my phones to open the door through the app. The login credentials are correct to. The EA3 has internet access confirmed. I'm just out of ideas now.

3 minutes ago, indodude said:

Oh ok thank you for the response. What exactly do I ask them to do on their end? And what can I do in the programming to limit the issue going forward?

Ask them to re-enable your account.  Turn up the polling. how low do you have it set?

On 2/6/2017 at 9:23 AM, msgreenf said:

yes, you have to contact them - they rate limited you to excessive API calls

Not sure this is the issue and it most likely is related to the recent API changes.  I'd think if the account was disabled because of excessive API calls then the MyQ app would also be down.  I finally started getting this same issue just about an hour ago but the MyQ app still works just fine 

On 1/26/2017 at 5:47 PM, annex⁴ said:

The intention would be to make it more dealer friendly and utilize our back end for updates etc.  We would like to maintain Eric's initial intentions.  It really is a matter of what it takes to get it transferred over.  There may be a cost but if there is it will be with more features and the ability to have support from us. The driver exists in this thread and there is no intention on our part to have that removed, that would be something Eric would have to decide.

At the time we release we will make this clear, I would venture to say our driver if there is a cost will be 50% of the cost of the HouseLogix driver or less while giving you more features.

any chance of participating in a beta of this driver?

38 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

Not sure this is the issue and it most likely is related to the recent API changes.  I'd think if the account was disabled because of excessive API calls then the MyQ app would also be down.  I finally started getting this same issue just about an hour ago but the MyQ app still works just fine 

That is my thought exactly. If I was blocked I would have thought the myq app would be giving me grief as well.

49 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

I gave them a call but they said everything seemed fine on their end. Must be a back end change then. Hopefully another driver comes out. Can't justify the $199US dollar driver but would be willing to pay something a bit lower if it ever did.

17 hours ago, indodude said:

I gave them a call but they said everything seemed fine on their end. Must be a back end change then. Hopefully another driver comes out. Can't justify the $199US dollar driver but would be willing to pay something a bit lower if it ever did.

I have the same problem with the Houselogix driver

2 hours ago, jfh said:

I have the same problem with the Houselogix driver

My house lodix gave me the same prob it's been fixed for a few days. I asked my dealer to install the free driver and he said he can't get it to work. He said he would try again another day as the problem is most likely with the driver itself. 

2 hours ago, Thatguy230 said:

My house lodix gave me the same prob it's been fixed for a few days. I asked my dealer to install the free driver and he said he can't get it to work. He said he Wallis try again another day as the problem is most likely with the driver itself. 

I think autocorrect tripped you up.   :)

You have the HouseLogix MyQ driver and it's working now, but wasn't before?   What did you do to get rid of the error?  Is there a new driver version that needs to be installed?

Archived