C4 Forums | Control4

Baby Cameras options for C4?

Hey guys I am having a baby in 6 weeks and I need to buy a few camera that are compatible with my C4 system. I needs to be able to work with the new touch screens which apparently have a monitoring function. Also I need night vision and a mic so I can hear the baby cry. I was told that the Lillan camera # IPR2522 would work but I was hoping to get something portable to put near a crib. I do have the rooms wired in the ceiling with 1 cat6 wire.  Any Ideas? I am just the homeowner so any advise would be great if it was in laymen's terms, 

http://www.meritlilin.com/webe/html/products/show.aspx?id=289&kid=53,62

First and foremost - congratulations.

Now, I'm not sure what 'monitoring' you speak of with the new touchscreens and IP camera's - the only thing that I can think of (and has been possible with the previous gen) is using a TScreen and it's intercom function AS a baby monitor - in other words, place a touchscreen (potentially a portable one) and set the intercom to a 'monitor' mode.

Now as for the cameras - the current SOFTWARE allows you to use a camera OTHER than the T-screen as the intercom camera - BUT audio HAS to come from the screen. So you could get a different/nightvision camera and use that for the video, but any audio functions on it are useless as far as C4 is concerned.

"Portable" camera's though are not really in existence that would work well - at least not in a battery operated sense. There's numerous wireless camera's though (as in need a powerplug but talk over WiFi) that can be made to work fine with C4 - HikVision, Dlink and more.

One example that I used: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries.aspx?c_kind=1&c_kind2=2&c_kind3=154&c_kind4=161&id=4919

The best cameras Ive seen are NEST cams and I chose to exclude them from C4, dont know if they have drivers. Easiest by far to set up and work always. NOFUCKING headaches.

I really like the NEST, and it has everything I need I was just hoping to use c4. But I really like this option. Thanks

First and foremost - congratulations.

Now, I'm not sure what 'monitoring' you speak of with the new touchscreens and IP camera's - the only thing that I can think of (and has been possible with the previous gen) is using a TScreen and it's intercom function AS a baby monitor - in other words, place a touchscreen (potentially a portable one) and set the intercom to a 'monitor' mode.

Now as for the cameras - the current SOFTWARE allows you to use a camera OTHER than the T-screen as the intercom camera - BUT audio HAS to come from the screen. So you could get a different/nightvision camera and use that for the video, but any audio functions on it are useless as far as C4 is concerned.

"Portable" camera's though are not really in existence that would work well - at least not in a battery operated sense. There's numerous wireless camera's though (as in need a powerplug but talk over WiFi) that can be made to work fine with C4 - HikVision, Dlink and more.

One example that I used: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries.aspx?c_kind=1&c_kind2=2&c_kind3=154&c_kind4=161&id=4919

That camera on the link is perfect!! That's exactly what I am looking for. I will ask my dealer if he knows how to make it compatibile with c4. I am sure I'll be coming back here for help with that, I already know his answer

Otherwise, if I understand you correctly, another option is to use 2 portable TS's, one next to the crib and another next to our bed, and leave the setting to monitor, will it have night vision??

5 hours ago, atsokolas79 said:

That camera on the link is perfect!! That's exactly what I am looking for. I will ask my dealer if he knows how to make it compatibile with c4. I am sure I'll be coming back here for help with that, I already know his answer

Otherwise, if I understand you correctly, another option is to use 2 portable TS's, one next to the crib and another next to our bed, and leave the setting to monitor, will it have night vision??

The driver for the HIKvision is by C4 and in the database. Just set up the cam for wifi, drop in the driver and go for basic use, selecting an alternate camera for intercom is simple too - just a checkbox and dropdown once the cam is in.

PLEASE note that even with that you'd still need a touchscreen at either end for intercom (audio) etc - no the touchscreens have no night vision to speak of.

Is everyone overlooking the idea of sip integration with the built in intercom functionality? This would make audio relevant... I honestly haven't tried this and can't for a couple of weeks, but many ip cameras support sip in addition to mjpeg, and h.264.. The one that comes to mind is grandstream. Might be worth investigating.

Also I have to just speak up about the nest Dropcam. Does everyone realize that this is an outbound "cloud" service? Do you really want your video being routed by third party servers... Constantly using up your bandwidth? Okay suit yourself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have also used Foscam in the past for my daughters room.  Going on 4.5 years now and never any problem with it being wireless.  Also, there a driver on the forums here somewhere for Foscam as well that I have been using.  I have used this camera for my Twin boys room just this week. http://www.clarecontrols.com/product/1-3mp-budget-mini-dome-camera/   Dont know if your dealer can get it or not being that it is Clare Controls. Cheap camera and works great.  I have also created a driver for this camera that I have tested thoroughly and works great, should work for any fixed Clare Controls camera.  If someone needs the driver I can send it to them.  Both cameras have apps that can do two way audio and I just use Control 4 for the video portion.   

Doorbird also has a model (Birdguard) for this use, and intercom tie in with HouseLogix driver, and you could check in with their app when you get that one night off a year to go out with your wife. :)

I don't really like lilin. We had a lot of problems in past, so we stopped working with that brand. We work with HIK vision. They make pretty cost effective and  C4 compatible cameras (IP only). I don't know about portable cameras, might be you can find anything among they products, but confirm first it will work with C4, I'm not sure all they products work with C4.

I used a foscam camera and then bought one of their cheap NVRs to pipe the signal into the HDMI distribution into the TVs.  I only use it for video, and I rely on a traditional audio only monitor (Philips Avent if it matters) to monitor if she's crying- it works great.

The NVR is a pain in the ass to setup.  It's not user friendly at all but I got it working.

• 3 years later...

I’ve been looking at Nelly’s Security and getting their H-series line of cameras and NVR (all direct Hikvision) and the ds-2cd2432f-iw mentioned above is exactly what I’m interested in using indoors, one being in our toddlers room.

Sounds like they integrate well and these have both options of WiFi or POE.

Just to make sure, the C4 will pick up two way audio on these or won’t? I’m also looking at their doorbell which I know won’t work with Intercom Anywhere for answering the door, but the video will integrate through the NVR so I’m okay using the Hikvision app to answer the door, but wasn’t sure about regular camera audio coming through with C4 integration.

https://www.nellyssecurity.com/5mp-indoor-ir-wifi-cube-camera-with-2-8mm-wide-angle-lens-built-in-two-way-audio-mic-and-speakers-true-pir-motion-detection-30-infrared-night-vision-sd-card-slot-for-on-board-storage-nsc-245w-c.html

https://www.nellyssecurity.com/nsc-db2-3mp-wifi-video-doorbell-16gb.html

https://www.nellyssecurity.com/4mp-extreme-low-light-ip-poe-weatherproof-turret-camera-w-integrated-flood-light-microphone-nsc-nitecolor-dm2.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.