C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung Tv IP Drivers!

On 6/24/2018 at 12:52 PM, RobbieF said:

Boooo.... @RyanE - do you know when the uk will get this?

Samsung announced SDDP with Control4 last year... it was supposed to be in this years models. I’ve not had a Samsung tv to play with this year I’ve just pushed Panasonic due to them having ip control and SDDP. Let me get a hold of one and I’ll let you know what I find 

Muj 

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, RyanE said:

Unfortunately, Control4 has no control over this, nor any additional info on whether/when Samsung TVs outside the US will receive the IP Control update.

Sorry.

RyanE

No need to be sorry - It is slightly annoying that it's not better advertised though........  It seems LG with a 3rd party paid driver is the most reliable option....

21 minutes ago, therockhr said:

so how good does the driver work? is there any delays in turning on?

initially when I got the TV back at the beginning of June I was experiencing some annoying latency  issues which prompted me to post in another thread

asking if anyone had used the optional USB to ex-link adapter but I got busy with other stuff and tolerated it until a firmware update come out several weeks later that solved the issue. now it it pretty snappy and I cant complain. It seems the firmware updates get pushed out a little later up here in Canada which is kinda annoying but what can ya do. I still would be interested in trying the USB to ex-link (rs-232) solution as most of my equipment is (and they just work flawlessly) and my OCD in the back of mind still says switch it but hard to prioritize it when it is now working fine over IP with the new firmware :) 

54 minutes ago, vstar said:

I still would be interested in trying the USB to ex-link (rs-232) solution as most of my equipment is (and they just work flawlessly) and my OCD in the back of mind still says switch it but hard to prioritize it when it is now working fine over IP with the new firmware :) 

why would you need a USB to ex-link? Just get one of the 3.5mm to DB-9 cables. That is what I use.

17 hours ago, therockhr said:

why would you need a USB to ex-link? Just get one of the 3.5mm to DB-9 cables. That is what I use.

unfortunately my model (UN43MU6300FXZA) does not have the ex-link port :(

but in the specs it says "rs-232c ready", after doing some investigating i found this is achieved by using a usb to rs232 adapter or a usb to ex-link adapter, the first sounds like the path of least resistance. not sure i will bother trying though as it is working well after the firmware update, also not sure the c4 driver would recognize the rs-232 connection? there is no setting in the driver properties to tell it i am using serial vs IP and the control method in the c4 database says IP.

https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?q=UN43MU6300&fq=manufacturer%3A"Samsung"

Mind you it just occurred to me i have not looked at the available ports on the TV to bind too and see if it even lists rs-232 since it is an option? i suppose i could edit the driver and add a rs-232 port to it if it does not have one already? the more i talk about it the more hassle it sounds. i will just try to go by the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

• 1 year later...
On 9/21/2018 at 10:45 AM, RyanE said:

None of the 2017 (or 2018) Samsung TVs have ex-link natively on board.

They all use a USB to ex-link adapter, which is available through Samsung distributors.

There is a serial control option in the IP drivers for Samsung.

RyanE

never noticed this although the 90 qled series does have one and i would image the q900 does as well as they share a similar one connect chassis.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2017 at 8:28 PM, Matt Lowe said:

Not sure on the minimum but we did find that some of the newer tvs did have to be updated first before they would work due to their not being an option for ip remote.

I also don't have an option in my menu for IP remote on my MU6120 which must be a 2017 model as well. The software is on the latest version. Is there a way to get this IP remote function activated, or IP control to work in a different manner? 

I also don't have an option in my menu for IP remote on my MU6120 which must be a 2017 model as well. The software is on the latest version. Is there a way to get this IP remote function activated, or IP control to work in a different manner? 
No

2 hours ago, TechnologyClinic said:

I am trying to get my 2016 UE65KS7000 to work.  What would be the best driver for this.  I appreciate this is an old thread.

For a 2016 TV, there is no option for IP control.

Any generic Samsung IR driver would likely work fine.

RyanE

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.