C4 Forums | Control4

New Control4 Controller Soon?

THawes

20 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Until it is released and shipping, this product is vaporware.  Speculation on anything is a moot point.

Unless the FCC filing contained info on the CPU.  If we knew it was the same as an EA-1/EA-3/EA-5 then we should be able to make an informed guess.  

50 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

As per that thread, Pyng never was what was thought initially - any form of end user setup friendly device. I also do not thing that it would make it easier to program - so won't draw a bigger dealer market in that respect either.

It may be (and it's still the question if it'll 'be' at all) a cheaper option for very low level systems (ie no a/v) to start at for sure.

Pyng did end up being an easier to program Crestron system. It also gave the end user the ability to configure scenes, which I'm sure was a big complaint for them.

I agree with the last part. This controller (CA-1) looks to be a cheaper option for systems that don't have AV. Makes it easier to compete with the Alarm.com, Comcast and Honeywell systems out there. Whether you think those systems are good or comparable I am not arguing with; I dont think they are as good. I'm just saying they want to have a product at that price point.

So..... https://fccid.io/R33C4CA1/Letter/Dismissal-Letter-3711879

The product that is certified under the FCC ID: R33C4CA1 model C4-CA1 has not been marketed or sold with this FCC ID. This product will be announced and offered for sell on February 7, 2018. Control4 would like to request that this FCC grant be removed from the FCC website until February 7, 2018 Pursuant to Section 0.457 (d) (1) (ii) of the Commission’s Rules. A separate deferral of grant request has been submitted. The information in this grant contains trade secrets and proprietary information not customarily released to the public. The public disclosure of these materials may be harmful to the applicant and provide unjustified benefits to its competitors. The applicant understands that pursuant to Section 0.457 of the Rules, disclosure of this application and all accompanying documentation will not be made before the date of the Grant for this application.

4 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Yep sure are - DS2 coming so need app to play with it - or just moan about it if does not work - anyway something think about !!!! 

you don't need the app.  It works the same as the previous DSs without the app.  Yes, the App will add value; but it is not required.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived