C4 Forums | Control4

New Apple TV IR Driver V6

9 hours ago, Andreas STS said:

Thank you!  I figured out why I couldn't see the driver.  I had to unselect "Certified Only".  Why do you recommend IR over IP?  I had added the "AppleTV(plus) universal minidriver", I think that is the C4 one.  I just couldn't figure it out and I was getting error messages.  I tried to add the one from JesseASmith, the guy who started the post, but I don't know if I did it right.  Do you ever setup a device to work both via IR and IP and then test which one works better?  I wish I could enable and disable things in a project while I tested them so I didn't have to delete them.  Is there such a thing?  

Anyway, I am going to try the one from IntrinsicDev and see how that goes.  Have you ever used any drivers from them before?  Is there a better store to buy C4 drivers from?  Am I stupid to buy drivers period?

The official IP driver has hiccups and can fall off line. As there's no real advantage to using it currently, many of us use Jesse AppleTV IR driver which has more commands than the one in Control4's library.

Paid drivers add an additional points of failure due to their cloud driver check in requirements, and the attentiveness to updates or issues of an often busy third party developer and the reliance on an API that can change at a vendors will, sometimes with consequences.

In time you'll find the meat and potatoes of your drivers and which work best and which equipment to work with, and you'll spec equipment based on that grouping.

20 hours ago, Andreas STS said:

I had added the "AppleTV(plus) universal minidriver", I think that is the C4 one

That's the mini driver and is for the app on Roku players (maybe Samsung of they opened that up?... anyway as per 'green - the ones he mentions are the ones you need for IP

20 hours ago, Andreas STS said:

Why do you recommend IR over IP? 

I'll be more brief to the other answer: the APPLETV official IP driver isn't worth it. glitches upon updates form apple and more.

I don't recommend IR over IP as such - just talking about the ATV

On 3/4/2021 at 5:46 AM, Andreas STS said:

Anyway, I am going to try the one from IntrinsicDev and see how that goes.  Have you ever used any drivers from them before?  Is there a better store to buy C4 drivers from?  Am I stupid to buy drivers period?

Do you have a showroom pack from us? This means you can test our C4 drivers, including the Apple TV driver completely free of charge, so you can see if it will help without any financial risk. Hope that helps. If you don't have one yet you can get one here - https://www.intrinsicdev.com/showroom-license-request/

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

where do I get the latest version of this driver?  and is it supposed to have an Apple TV icon in navigator?  I installed the one at the beginning of this thread but client is telling me its showing a DVD disc icon...maybe I have the wrong version?  OS 3.3.0 HC800

• 4 months later...
LOL, Didn't mean to imply anything, literally just informing that it's under the menu button on C4 interface.
I don't use ATV myself wither, but integrate plenty

Haha, no offense taken. Where it was mapped was what I was looking for! Thanks!

Same here, don’t use ATV but have integrated quite a few, so whenever there’s a question, I don’t always have a good answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.