C4 Forums | Control4

https://level.co/

There is a new lock out that locks a deadbolt using your original hardware. No big and klunky knobs.

It works really nicely Bluetooth from your phone and also (I am told) it works with Apple TV version4 and higher.

Wondering if any of you have it installed yet as I do and want to connect it to your house.

Would love to hear ideas.

23 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

The Level lock looks awesome. They do NOT have an API, which is frustrating. Seems priced comparable to August but looks way better. 

way better?

No Android support?

No wifi?

no API?

how do you define better?

10 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

He did say it LOOKS way better (ie visually better looking) 😉

I think thats the biggest selling point...  My clients don't want anything to do with the current offerings on anything other then a door from the garage into a mudroom.  Current offerings don't exactly scream high end....  With Level we can, if they work well, install on high end designer locksets. The client gets the look their designer or architect wanted and clean remote access. 

Whats Android?  Is that like Beta Max? 

11 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

way better?

No Android support?

No wifi?

no API?

how do you define better?

I said it looks way better. It’s invisible. The appearance is better than that of August. Does that help? Not trying to hurt your feelings as I know you use the August lock. 

4 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

HAH! Nice try, but you are smart enough to know that that is non-sense with android being the LARGER of the two

😜

Yup, thats why I like my ios... A little more exclusive...

You get to be "mass market" king by letting just anyone use your software.

All aside, the new lock hopefully, eventually, gets an API or other manufacturers move in the direction considerably streamlining their product. 

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

LOL in that case the jokes on you, if it goes Beta-Max you're on the losing end, regardless of quality being better or not

Something tells me Apple and iOS won’t be going away anytime soon. 

8 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I don't disagree that hidden looks better. But the new August is pretty nice

Yeah, I agree. But I’ve not bought the August because (at least in photos) it looks like a big thing bolted to the door. Level accomplishes what I want which is no change in aesthetic but can be programmatically locker/unlocked. Once they have an API I’ll be buying them. 

1 minute ago, ILoveC4 said:

Something tells me Apple and iOS won’t be going away anytime soon. 

Oh I don't think so either. Nor will AndroidOS and phones running them.

- and I'm pretty neutral on which is 'better' in that I think there's better SUITED on one or the other on a person to person basis (I have both, and recommend one or the other to friends based on the PERSON).

I wasn't the one that pulled int he BetaMax comparison 😉

Are we sure there is no Android support? The web page shows the Google Play logo alongside the Apple App Store logo.

Yes, Android has a larger market share for the entire global market, but I would guess that among people that own a $500k+ home(s) (which I would assume is the C4 target market) that iPhone has a large majority, especially in the US.  In terms of market share of shipments in Q1 2020 it was 46% Apple. (Source: https://www.counterpointresearch.com/us-market-smartphone-share/).  I can't find market share based on income level but I am highly confident that the more wealthy the person, the more likely that they are to use an iPhone.

C4 should know how their market skews given the number of downloads of Android vs iOS C4 app.

5 minutes ago, zaphod said:

I can't find market share based on income level but I am highly confident that the more wealthy the person, the more likely that they are to use an iPhone.

that feels like a highly biased un-based guess.  My home is over $500k and glad I use Android.  Could I buy an iPhone?  Sure (i have a stack of em) but I like Android way more

21 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Are we sure there is no Android support? The web page shows the Google Play logo alongside the Apple App Store logo.

https://level.co/support/articles/360042245134

Looks like its BLE only. That means even trying to integrate it with a homekit integration probably wont work. I saw references that they are looking into or working on Alexa and Google control. Maybe that means they are simply going to add some silly BLE hub.

This form factor is promising. Hopefully, we can get some fast followers to make something easier to integrate.

Those August locks are like a full term ballerina. So beautiful and graceful, but you can't help but notice the bump.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.