C4 Forums | Control4

Keypad

Hi all,

I need to find a “system” to key in a code and it opens a relay for a garage door or other door. Now this isnt a normal keypad at a gate its more for I have garden workers and house domestic sometimes they need to get i to my garage etc and I wanted a system that intergrated into my C4.

I refuse to buy another DS2 its the biggest waste of money I have every spent on tech.

Any suggestions?

Well, that's not good. I've had a DS2 on my list for a while - sounds like I should rethink that plan. 

I stand by what I say :) its a load of @&:):& whats worse is that C4 implementation of it is disastrous. 2N makes the device and the device itself is incredible. C4 go with their crap driver and completely destroy it by limiting what it can do and resetting any settings you set on it via the web interface.

Can you mount a standard deadbolt doorlock somewhere, doesn't have to be an actual door, when code enters do xyz.

Absolutely there many systems out there which are really cool. I was trying to check if there as one that is cool that integrates to C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I stand by what I say default_smile.png its a load of @&default_smile.png:& whats worse is that C4 implementation of it is disastrous. 2N makes the device and the device itself is incredible. C4 go with their crap driver and completely destroy it by limiting what it can do and resetting any settings you set on it via the web interface.

On top of that their driver is as buggy as hell :(

5 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

Because of?

Am on DS1, DS2 seems the recommended go to, but with all its issues I keep reading about am still hesitant to goto EA5 and OS3, Video doorbell is my primary use case and I have to have it like DS1 on all my 11 screens!

Am on DS1, DS2 seems the recommended go to, but with all its issues I keep reading about am still hesitant to goto EA5 and OS3, Video doorbell is my primary use case and I have to have it like DS1 on all my 11 screens!

Wish the ds2 did that reliably

Seems so strange to me that C4/Snap allow this door station/camera/intercom crap to persist.  It's clearly a weak spot, and has been for years.  They are defending their territory against consumer devices like Ring with a hugely expensive solution that doesn't really work.  Certainly nowhere near 100%.

It's really hard to defend the DS2 (especially having defended the DS1), the camera/NVR integration and intercom with customers or potential customers when it is so flaky and so expensive.  These are the sorts of weaknesses that become big problems for a platform/ecosystem.  Customers don't care about the arcane technical excuses when they buy something for 10x the price of a consumer device and find that it has 50% of the real world functionality or quality.  

While I agree that the DS2 could and should be so much better for the price point and current level of industry technology, I am running the latest firmware and never experience system crashes or hang ups. I do not ever reboot my system unless due to a driver additional or major programming update. Not sure if it makes a difference, but my entire system is on UPS including my entire network and TVs. So while the technology is outdated, the system reliability is high. If you are experience system crashes or freezes, it is likely a network hardware issue, out of date firmware, or possibly a rouge driver that is in your system.

46 minutes ago, C4 User said:

While I agree that the DS2 could and should be so much better for the price point and current level of industry technology, I am running the latest firmware and never experience system crashes or hang ups. I do not ever reboot my system unless due to a driver additional or major programming update. Not sure if it makes a difference, but my entire system is on UPS including my entire network and TVs. So while the technology is outdated, the system reliability is high. If you are experience system crashes or freezes, it is likely a network hardware issue, out of date firmware, or possibly a rouge driver that is in your system.

This is my experience on the current DS2 driver... but every time a new version of the driver comes out, I am terrified there will be a new bug as I have had months of issues followed by a month or two of things working.  Fortunately,  I am currently in the works great space. 

Albeit there is one bug in the latest driver (and a work around) and I believe C4 is aware of this one...

You don’t have to use the DS2 driver.  There is another 2N driver that can be used, so when auto-config runs, it doesn’t wipe the ds2.

But I do agree, very overpriced for what you get and doesn’t even use all of its capabilities. Intercom in general is meh, IMHO. 

You don’t have to use the DS2 driver.  There is another 2N driver that can be used, so when auto-config runs, it doesn’t wipe the ds2.
But I do agree, very overpriced for what you get and doesn’t even use all of its capabilities. Intercom in general is meh, IMHO. 

Does all the SIP functions work with all the navigators?

This driver.....https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?&q=&fq=manufacturer:"2N+TELEKOMUNIKACE+a.s."

Once you flash 2N firmware to the DS2, warranty is voided.  Have to lead with that.

Here are the modules that are compatible with it- https://www.2nusa.com/en_US/products/intercoms/2n-helios-ip-verso#tab-3

As far as keypad, do you not have a keypad already outside your garage doors?  This doesn't seem like it needs to integrate to C4 at all.  Do it right from the door opener.

Other than that, I'd be looking at an access control system, which I'm sure would be over the top of what your looking for.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.