C4 Forums | Control4

Preparing for T4 Install

dinom

On 11/30/2020 at 7:46 AM, dinom said:

Thanks for the update. Do you work for C4, or are you a beta tester for them?  How were you able to get a T4 before formally released to the public?

Neither - I’m just fortunate enough to know the right people. 

On 11/30/2020 at 12:57 PM, msgreenf said:

i dont think thats the actual T4 as they never show the c4 interface on it...

On 11/30/2020 at 12:47 PM, control4user007 said:

Found an interesting video of the T4 - notice its running some stock android launcher vs the C4 app.

That's indeed a T4, Wallsmart is a partner so they probably got a hardware piece early on to give them time to design and test so they'd be ready by launch that only had a base android os on so they could ensure it's properlyh booting and connecting to the network (T3's were already running on android as well)

15 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

That's indeed a T4, Wallsmart is a partner so they probably got a hardware piece early on to give them time to design and test so they'd be ready by launch that only had a base android os on so they could ensure it's properlyh booting and connecting to the network (T3's were already running on android as well)

I know they run android but the point is that is not the interface that will be on the t4

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, dinom said:

Anyone know if the 8” T4 is shipping soon (was to start mid December)?  Trying to gauge when my 10” will ship, which was slated to start late December. 

I understand tabletops still aren’t available but in walls are. 

In another act the of C4 design brilliance you can only power a T4 by POE apparently. Lol. That makes it’s WI-FI capabilities worthless. Hope none of you were planning on running one via WI-FI....

And before someone says it. There isn’t a single POE injector designed to operate behind the wall. So to the extent the “fix” for C4’s design stupidity is to do that—you are violating electrical code.

I do have it prepared for POE, so I’m ready for that. But where did you hear about not being able to be powered by line voltage?  All the documentation I’ve seen, including the installation manual, describes direct line voltage power as an option. 

6 minutes ago, dinom said:

I do have it prepared for POE, so I’m ready for that. But where did you hear about not being able to be powered by line voltage?  All the documentation I’ve seen, including the installation manual, describes direct line voltage power as an option. 

It was posted in the C4 Facebook group. I hope I’m wrong, but it doesn’t look like it based on the comments in that thread. Apparently it was intended for it to work, but in the ultimate design it doesn’t.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.