C4 Forums | Control4

Lg oled tv questions. (x 2)

Just had fresh install of C4 done. All TVs etc were updated to most current available software.

First TV is a LG oled55c8pua with webos 4.3.0. There were no problems adding ip driver and everything smooth until I asking for programming the tv to turn on in one of two activities. first being to watch Cable TV. That was easy. The second activity is watch TV using the built in apps. When this activity is selected the TV comes on with a generic LG background but I am then forced to press menu button on remote (260 or the app) to get the app selection screen to appear.  I am told there is no way to get C4 to add a step to call up the Home Screen(where Netflix etc resides)on the TV. There is a way in TV software to always have the Home selection appear but then I have to wait for it to disappear or press menu button if I am only watching cable. Is there a way to do this or is there a better third party driver that can handle this?

Second  TV is LG Oled65B7A-U with WebOS 3.9.0. The Tech could not find an ip driver that would work and I think he may even have been on phone with C4 help. I know this Tv works with full IP control as I was using it with another app (Roomie Remote) is there a third party driver that will work with this model as I really hate the stick on IR. I suppose I will have the same issue when trying to watch the apps vs cable?

in both TV’s cable is fed to Yamaha AVR via HDMI and then HDMI out to TV. TVs both have optical cables back to the Yamaha AVR’s.

thanks in advance

3 hours ago, cdcllc said:

I generally double up on the toast messages and regular push notifications - garage door open/closed; garage door left open, etc.  They are only up there for seconds.

Do you mean you send them twice so they stay up longer? Do you throw a delay in there?

I don't send 2 toast messages - by "double up" I meant that I send the same message via push to our mobile devices and also via toast to the LG TVs.  I'm happy with the LG implementation of the messages - both size of the message box and the duration of display.  But you bring up a great point that you could send the toast message twice with a delay to get a longer duration.  I've never read the driver doc, so I don't know whether there's a variable to set duration of display - functionality might be there too.

26 minutes ago, sofakng said:

Just wondering, but are there any other advantages to using the annex4 driver except for the toast messages?  (instead of using the Control4 provided driver)

it supports older TVs that the c4 one doesn't

That's definitely a good reason if you have an older TV then! :)

I wonder if the annex4 driver monitors the power state of the TV.  For example, I've noticed that if my TV turns off due to inactivity (ie. son plays xbox and then turns off xbox manually but doesn't use the remote) then Control4 will think the TV is still on so I need a full off/on cycle on the remote to get everything back on again.

• 5 months later...

I am using the Control4 LG driver with a 2019 LG TV. Everything works fine except for the execution of any programming on the event "TV power on" - it just never seems to run. Does this work on the LG Annex4 driver?

Are there any other benefits of using the Annex4 driver compared to the Control4 driver?

Thanks for your inputs!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.