C4 Forums | Control4

How do I get the camera history

ashwinmj

15 hours ago, ashwinmj said:

When I go to the camera section under security, I see the live view of my cameras fine. However, I see a history button on the top right as well - what NVR would work with this history button? Thanks for your help. 

Same here- just a list of notifications.

In fact, I don't even get live video on my "Cameras" section, just a recent snapshot...  

History.jpg

3 minutes ago, DanITman said:

Camera history is only supported with C4 specific cameras.  The new Chime and DS2 both support a historical entry with video or snapshot.  Control4 has not released the API method to support this on 3rd party devices. 

I am hoping to integrate the stream for the chime into a Hik NVR. Has anyone done this? I have tested the stream using media player but would be good to know if anyone has had success. 

13 minutes ago, DanITman said:

Camera history is only supported with C4 specific cameras.  The new Chime and DS2 both support a historical entry with video or snapshot.  Control4 has not released the API method to support this on 3rd party devices. 

So...  I have no access to review historical video with the Chime (motion alerts, doorbell rings) via the iOS C4 App or the Chime Intercom app?  All I get is a live view and a snapshot when they ring the doorbell, but no way to view the history?

Please tell me I'm reading that wrong.  

Is there another way to view the video??  I have a Luma NVR- surely that's compatible with Chime- it's all SnapAV, after all.

If I click "History" from the C4 iOS home screen, I get the image in my previous post.  If I click Security->Cameras->HistoryIcon  I get this....  A still snapshot of when the doorbell rang.  Neither of which is terribly useful if I want to figure out what the dude who rang the doorbell was actually doing before or after he rang the doorbell.

History2.thumb.jpg.2d62058b9e640c4c78c37f998447c1b4.jpg

4 minutes ago, DAVIDN said:

So...  I have no access to review historical video with the Chime (motion alerts, doorbell rings) via the iOS C4 App or the Chime Intercom app?  All I get is a live view and a snapshot when they ring the doorbell, but no way to view the history?

Please tell me I'm reading that wrong.  

Is there another way to view the video??

If I click "History" from the C4 iOS home screen, I get the image in my previous post.  If I click Security->Cameras->HistoryIcon  I get this....  A still snapshot of when the doorbell rang.  

History2.thumb.jpg.2d62058b9e640c4c78c37f998447c1b4.jpg

Yes, you need to enable it under the "Events" section in the Chime Driver.  Its called "Motion Media" Video Clip

8D939741-3749-4072-B79B-1D5F692D1534.jpeg

2 minutes ago, DanITman said:

Yes, you need to enable it under the "Events" section in the Chime Driver.  Its called "Motion Media" Video Clip

That will get me a media clip at the time the doorbell rang and a specified period before/after?  What about motion events- can it be configured to save video from those events too?

11 minutes ago, J to the D said:

I am hoping to integrate the stream for the chime into a Hik NVR. Has anyone done this? I have tested the stream using media player but would be good to know if anyone has had success. 

The chime supports standard rtsp streams and you can implement that into any NVR.  Just pull the values off of the camera driver. 

Here is the rtsp stream for mine. rtsp://192.168.1.XXX:554/live.sdp.  It uses basic authentication.

Just now, DAVIDN said:

That will get me a media clip at the time the doorbell rang and a specified period before/after?  What about motion events- can it be configured to save video from those events too?

Mine is pushing history on motion...not doorbell press.

The chime supports standard rtsp streams and you can implement that into any NVR.  Just pull the values off of the camera driver. 

Here is the rtsp stream for mine. rtsp://192.168.1.XXX:554/live.sdp.  It uses basic authentication.

That’s what I thought. Time to get the CCTV install done then and I can remove my old nest. 

3 minutes ago, DanITman said:

I guess my installer failed to do that- my LUMA app only shows the surveillance cameras, not the Chime.  Thanks- I'll add it to the list of things for him to fix.  

4 minutes ago, DAVIDN said:

Here are the settings you can choose from. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 2.06.27 PM.png

7 minutes ago, DanITman said:

Here are the settings you can choose from. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 2.06.27 PM.png

Perfect- thank you!  You configure that directly in the Chime doorbell (via the IP address) or some app I don't have?  That doesn't look like Composer HE.  :)

15 minutes ago, DAVIDN said:

Perfect- thank you!  You configure that directly in the Chime doorbell (via the IP address) or some app I don't have?  That doesn't look like Composer HE.  :)

It should be composer HE, the newer devices have this new HTML setting page that shows under the device.  You can't access any of this on the web interface.  It seems c4 is going to this new style of setting pages for things like the chime, wattbox, and neeo. 

10 hours ago, Bmwbball88 said:

So there’s no chance in getting history then from a doorbird doorbell anytime soon?

From my investigation these clips don't live on the controller.  Control4 uploads them to Amazon S3.  I have a feeling they probably won't open this up to non c4 hardware anytime soon as it would open up a boat load of data that they would have to host. 

From my investigation these clips don't live on the controller.  Control4 uploads them to Amazon S3.  I have a feeling they probably won't open this up to non c4 hardware anytime soon as it would open up a boat load of data that they would have to host. 

you are correct on the hosting but you are incorrect in the assumption they won't open to 3rd parties

7 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

you are correct on the hosting but you are incorrect in the assumption they won't open to 3rd parties

I'm happy to be wrong on that.  Snapshots are already done this way and c4 supports them through push notifications and allow 3rd party.  Hosting video is another beast and will need to have some serious guard rails. 

3 hours ago, J to the D said:

Does C4 store all video history like the Nest Hello without an NVR or only event triggered video clips?

They do store history but it’s only in short small clips. There is no timeline scrubbing like a traditional NVR. 

On 8/19/2021 at 1:13 AM, DanITman said:

So there’s no way to get the history to work with any NVR such as Lilin or Hikvision? It’s literally limited to only the DS2 and chime? 

4 hours ago, ashwinmj said:

So there’s no way to get the history to work with any NVR such as Lilin or Hikvision? It’s literally limited to only the DS2 and chime? 

9 hours ago, DanITman said:

They do store history but it’s only in short small clips. There is no timeline scrubbing like a traditional NVR. 

Can you not just take the rtsp stream and take that into the NVR and record from there. Surely that would enable history and scrubbing?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.