C4 Forums | Control4

Basic question

Moses

Ryan- one more question if you don't mind... do you believe the IR sensor being out of place explains why I'm getting routine "rejoining the network" displays on my remote? Or is that a totally different issue?

54 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

move zigbee to channel 25 and be done

I believe ch 25 will reduce the db of the zigbee radio. This was a change somewhere around 2.9 or 2.10 I can't remember which so I always suggest using ch 24.

54 minutes ago, TFlury said:

I believe ch 25 will reduce the db of the zigbee radio. This was a change somewhere around 2.9 or 2.10 I can't remember which so I always suggest using ch 24.

It certainly does reduce power output (max power up to +14dBm for Channel 25, up to +18dBm for all others), but it's also the only channel that's nearly completely outside of Wifi interference.

We use it at shows, where there are literally hundreds of access points within spitting distance, and it works fine.

It's what I use at home as well, and I've never had an issue with it.

It's very likely most nodes would not be transmitting at full power most of the time anyway.

If you want to avoid Channel 25, 15 and 20 are next best options, as they're mostly out of the 'common' Wifi channels (1, 6, 11).

RyanE

WifiZigbee.png

22 hours ago, TFlury said:

25 is usually the best choice because it bypasses interference. At lesst it's a good starter choice for that reason. If interference isn't the issue, but range/penetration or possibly amount of hops is, channels other than 25 can be a better choice due to the higher db, but as per Ryan above, 24 isn't your best choice, we usually use 20 unless there's a lot of overlap, then 15

I would suggest that if the output power of 25 is causing you issues, you should take steps to enhance your zigbee network by moving your zigbee controller antenna, or adding external antenna if you do not already have one, or adding a few zigbee devices in strategic locations to strengthen your network.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.