C4 Forums | Control4

Halo Touch On Screen Custom Buttons

I just got my Halo Touch remote. Was able to add it to the system and update it without any issues. I am currently using a Neeo remote which has a way to program on-screen custom buttons. I can't seem to find anyway to do the same on the Halo remote. Can anyone chime in on this?

Thanks!

Are you referring to the NEEO's custom buttons that appear when you swipe right on the home screen? If so, I do not believe the Halo remotes have anything equivalent. If you are referring to the up to four custom buttons per room that can be programmed in HE to appear on all apps and remotes, then those should automatically appear on the Halo. 

On 8/8/2023 at 8:18 AM, datzent83 said:

I am referring to the custom buttons that NEEO remote has. Since the remote just came out there is a possibility of custom buttons on future updates?

Use the "Custom Buttons" Agent to create custom buttons on the Halo Touch remote.. thats the only custom buttons that can be created on the Halo Touch I believe.

I am referring to the custom buttons that NEEO remote has. Since the remote just came out there is a possibility of custom buttons on future updates?

I think you are referring to the “Remote Focused” buttons on the NEEO, which are named in NEEO driver and can be then be programmed. The Halos don’t have the same option. Use the Custom Buttons in Agents like suggested above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did use custom buttons agent, but where do they show up on the Halo Touch remote?

Look for the screen icon named what you named the custom button. Since the Touch, I’d name them something like “Buttons” (instead of the room name) and position that icon comfortably on the room’s Home Screen.

On 8/12/2023 at 12:10 AM, BY96 said:

Here is a photo of mine. The four custom buttons I programmed for the Home Theater room show up as the four buttons with dots. 

IMG_1818.thumb.jpg.4e0decb7521d6e11396a5a8597a44cd5.jpg

that's a bit annoying they trim the text rather than line wrapping, looks very limited on visible character count.. that last one "Floor Lamp" surely could've just fit..

that's a bit annoying they trim the text rather than line wrapping, looks very limited on visible character count.. that last one "Floor Lamp" surely could've just fit..

I do agree the text could be better. I may be renaming some things to make them fit better.

1 hour ago, slim42dog said:

Just wanted to confirm to the group, my C4 Dealer was able to remap the circle (record) and square (stop) buttons on my halo touch today to a custom command just fine.  

That is great! So glad I was wrong!! Do you know if the programming can be done in HE or only in Pro? 

On 8/17/2023 at 5:17 PM, anon2828 said:

Wait.  That's the user interface for the Halo?  What happened to the icons that look like what is in the iOS App?  That looks horrible in my opinion.  Interface is going backwards.

It depends on the driver. Here is a quick view in mine. Shows feedback and icons 

IMG_5482.jpeg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.