C4 Forums | Control4

Roku apps no longer launching

1 minute ago, zaphod said:

Does it sound like Roku is changing some of their policies and they are going to be reducing the functionality of their external REST API going forward?  Are we looking at another Chamberlain sort of situation?

no, no indication of that...

Our Engineering Team has been working directly with Roku to resolve this issue. With this engagement, Roku has identified the cause and has been rolling out a solution since last evening. It should be complete by the end of the day today, April 5th.
The fix to restore service will be automatic—neither you nor your customers will need to take action. We are monitoring the rollout of the fix to confirm that the issue has been fully resolved.

Apr 05, 2024 - 14:28 EDT

32 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

no, no indication of that...

Even this part.  Or was this posted in error?

Support for sending ECP commands from within a Roku channel application has been discontinued"…..

"In addition, ECP commands may not be sent from 3rd-party platforms (for example, mobile applications).

6 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Even this part.  Or was this posted in error?

Support for sending ECP commands from within a Roku channel application has been discontinued"…..

"In addition, ECP commands may not be sent from 3rd-party platforms (for example, mobile applications).

No, that was discontinued last year, they don't want Roku Channels (Aka Apps) sending keyboard commands...

Mine still isn’t working.  Is there a way to have Roku check?

Edit:  just for grins I went through the hassle of doing a factory reset.  I’ve regained C4 control.  Hoping it sticks more than 24 hours.

3 hours ago, jfh said:

My Roku started working again yesterday.  Today broken again.  Any ideas?

It's a global/Roku Firmware issue, and isn't actually an issue on Control4's side. Roku likely haven't deployed/completed the fix yet.

Other platforms are also affected.

Once deployed by Roku, it should start working again and no action should be required by yourself or your installer

1 hour ago, Andrew luecke said:

It's a global/Roku Firmware issue, and isn't actually an issue on Control4's side. Roku likely haven't deployed/completed the fix yet.

Other platforms are also affected.

Once deployed by Roku, it should start working again and no action should be required by yourself or your installer

I understand all that.  I’m a former programmer.  It just doesn’t make sense that if code wax pushed to fix the issue then something would be pushed to break it again.  Unlike a few days ago where I tried a factory reset I did nothing this cycle.  I’ll wait a few days but I’ll only wait so long for Roku to stabilize.  

I’m just glad there are some on this site that have some info.  I can’t imagine being an average C4 customer and having function that worked without issue for years just flat out stop.  And I’ll bet that most of those folks think “Control4 stopped working” and not “Roku broke something” so it’s Control4 that gets the black eye.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Reboot it and check for updates 

Thanks. I just power cycled, then checked for updates. No update since it says I’m at the latest. The same version since January.

But amazingly it works now. That’s strange. Same firmware all along.

5 minutes ago, AtlantaSteven said:

Thanks. I just power cycled, then checked for updates. No update since it says I’m at the latest. The same version since January.

But amazingly it works now. That’s strange. Same firmware all along.

I had the same experience. 1 of my 3 quit working, then started again after a couple of weeks. 

25 minutes ago, zaphod said:

How do these changes occur without an update?  Or is Roku lying by not changing version number when doing "stealth" upgrades?

Version is really platform - there are a lot of updates that occur that are sub-components that don’t increase the platform number

32 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Version is really platform - there are a lot of updates that occur that are sub-components that don’t increase the platform number

So you mean the changes were done outside the stand alone Roku box?

From my update screen it says the last update was in January. That would imply no changes were made to the box’s firmware. 

19 minutes ago, AtlantaSteven said:

So you mean the changes were done outside the stand alone Roku box?

From my update screen it says the last update was in January. That would imply no changes were made to the box’s firmware. 

100% changes were made since January. That is the major version update.