C4 Forums | Control4

Halo frequently losing Wifi connection all of a sudden

ejn1

20 minutes ago, GregCAMS said:

No suggestions here but have same issue on 2 of my Halo Touch units which happens about every 2-3 weeks.  Usually just have to do a restart but the most recent unit I did a factory reset and it pushed new firmware as well which is odd seeing that it was on the system for the past 4 months.

I had one touch. Laggy and connection not reliable. Will wait for v2 (don’t know if planned) which hopefully will have much better radios and battery life. 

7 hours ago, GregCAMS said:

agreed - definitely better firmware and more of the standard C4 feature set included.  There is 0 chance Snap/C4 are going to do a refresh to a new/V2 remote anytime soon.

Well then hoping they chose much better WiFi radios than the Neeos which we returned. 

1 hour ago, penn65000 said:

Well then hoping they chose much better WiFi radios than the Neeos which we returned. 

Not everyone had issues with the NEEO's. I'd actually be interested in seeing how many issues on those were actually chipset related at all to be honest (in many cases I saw, the problems had nothing to do with the NEEO itself).

You're saying you had issues with the NEEO's, and now you're saying you're having issues with Halo's?

You also are saying you have a faulty CA10 Ethernet port (and from my understanding, both ports work independently?

It could be worth checking your network to be honest

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Southerncentralrain said:

Has anybody found a resolution for this? I have 2 Halo remotes and love them but they become disconnected from the network at least once daily. It usually requires a reboot and then there is no battery when it does come back up and connect. 

New firmware beta hopefully improving this 

On 12/22/2023 at 3:39 PM, Macross Plus said:

I would recommend using a standalone 2.4g network for these remotes separate from the Clients Wifi.  That's right 2.4g only.   That way the remote does not switch back and forth between the 5g and 2.4g network.

I did this and it has helped a good bit but they still have to be restarted every day or two. I am surprised this is still a problem. Anybody have any ideas of an ETA on the firmware date that should resolve this issue?

2 hours ago, Southerncentralrain said:

I did this and it has helped a good bit but they still have to be restarted every day or two. I am surprised this is still a problem. Anybody have any ideas of an ETA on the firmware date that should resolve this issue?

I’ve been testing one halo. Connections have gotten better but they’ve a ways to go. Plan to wait for v2 before upgrading my 260s. Family tried neeo (horrible, never stayed connected) and halo and begged me to keep the 260s. Family test is the best test. One other thing: sometimes the halo seems to not charge. Same issue as we had with several Neeos — doesn’t seem to make full contact w metal prongs. Anyone else have this issue w Halo touch?

23 hours ago, Southerncentralrain said:

We are having the same issue with the charging. It is a shame because the remote itself is great. 

Wow. Was hoping was just me. Amazing they botched a second time. When we had neeos there was so much grief from family and friends picking up the remote from charger and finding it dead. We rma’d a few just for that, then returned all of the neeos due to constant  disconnects and reboots. So I guess I really do have to wait for Halo v2 which will be 5 years prob. That said the 260 remotes are rock solid. 

• 4 months later...

I have a Control4 Halo Touch (C4-HALO-TS-BL) that connects to a Control4 Core 1 Hub & Controller (C4-CORE1)

I also have a Control4 Halo Touch (C4-HALO-TS-BL) that connects to a Control4 Core Hub & Controller (C4-EA1).

The Halo connecting to EA1 works without issue.

The Halo connecting to the C4-CORE1 disconnects every 24 hours.  Rebooting the Halo does not help.  I need to reboot the C4-CORE1.  I am almost certain the C4-CORE1 is dropping the Halo connection when idle for N hours.  The Halo thinks is still has a connection to the C4-CORE1 is what I suspect.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.