C4 Forums | Control4

2.3 now available

ichbinbose

HI Guys thought I would jump in an correct a few things being said here.

Extra Vegtables drivers do update themselves if you dealer selects that option. Driver must be 7.0 or higher to enable this option.

As for the backups, I read in the release notes that they made changes to the way that coverart and metadata is processed in 2.3 this could be reason the backup is failing. I would talk to your dealer and have him find the solution. If it is in fact a bug C4 will want to know about it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

Just updated my system @ home and loving the responsiveness, Was wondering if any knows much about the themes SDK, and where i can download it from. i work for a dealer so have a login to C4 website but cant seem to find any thing about it anywhere.

Cheers

HI Guys thought I would jump in an correct a few things being said here.

Extra Vegtables drivers do update themselves if you dealer selects that option. Driver must be 7.0 or higher to enable this option.

As for the backups, I read in the release notes that they made changes to the way that coverart and metadata is processed in 2.3 this could be reason the backup is failing. I would talk to your dealer and have him find the solution. If it is in fact a bug C4 will want to know about it.

Thanks for the info. Great news about the Auto EV driver updates.. cheers.

^ What's a Cam7? I've just outlaid for a portable TS> Hope you don't mean one of those... "C3" drivers?..do you mean EV ones ?

Cam(era) 7" TSs as opposed to IE 7" units. C3 is the dev. for those themes up on 4Store. Correct' date=' the new portable is a Cam 7. Personally, I blew it when I ordered those up. I was under the impression someone knew a two or thing about RF radiation patterns. It sucks like the old ports did.[/quote']

So there is a problem with wifi range? Is that the issue. Also how many C3 apps are affected? Regards. Wap.

Consider new thread started.

I agree it's major.

I mean huh???. :rolleyes:

Didn't anybody test this before the release ??

It's absolutley paramount users can save themselves a full backup using HE: independently from their dealer' date=' or anybody else.

Hello... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/quote']

OK - my system (rather large) backs up just fine - no errors. It MUST be a driver or some file that you both have in common (that I don't have).

Bill

Bill. Do you use the C4media library? When I leave this unchecked, the backup goes thru..

So it seems to be something with backup of coverart/media library..

Thanks for helping Bill.

Wap

I do not use it - no.

It seems like you have found the issue.

Bill

For modest budgets' date=' don't forget the HC-250. Coming from an HC-300, you will notice a substantial improvement in system responsiveness. The 1GHz processor is plenty for medium sized projects, and you can still use those precious RS-232 ports on your HC-300.[/quote']

Are you saying that a HC 250 will run director faster than a HC300?

Significantly. 1GHZ vs 300mhz or so, different chipset, new zig bee radio...

Hi all

Just updated my system @ home and loving the responsiveness, Was wondering if any knows much about the themes SDK, and where i can download it from. i work for a dealer so have a login to C4 website but cant seem to find any thing about it anywhere.

Cheers

The themes SDK is available in the Developers Portal. You have to be a Developer to have access to it...dealers don't have access (to my knowledge).

Hi all

Just updated my system @ home and loving the responsiveness' date=' Was wondering if any knows much about the themes SDK, and where i can download it from. i work for a dealer so have a login to C4 website but cant seem to find any thing about it anywhere.

Cheers[/quote']

The themes SDK is available in the Developers Portal. You have to be a Developer to have access to it...dealers don't have access (to my knowledge).

Dealer are not by default Developers as you said - although they can be both. Note that Thems SDK is a paid software set.

Hi all

Just updated my system @ home and loving the responsiveness' date=' Was wondering if any knows much about the themes SDK, and where i can download it from. i work for a dealer so have a login to C4 website but cant seem to find any thing about it anywhere.

Cheers[/quote']

Dan - how does your theme look in 2.3 ? I picked up the Christmas theme last year for 7" panels and after 2.3 it looks like there are overide assets that are missing from the theme so the display in some areas is defaulting.

Dave

Hi all

Cheers[/quote']

Dan - how does your theme look in 2.3 ? I picked up the Christmas theme last year for 7" panels and after 2.3 it looks like there are overide assets that are missing from the theme so the display in some areas is defaulting.

Dave

Themes need to be re-done for 2.3.

Was on 2.2.4 and all was working.

Upgraded MyHome to 2.3 also.

I got MyHome to go on android but had to turn of SSL connections. I'm not real happy about that.

Still no luck with MyHome PC. Says "This device is not autheticated to work with your account." Yet on my.control4.com it is listed as PC' date=' Windows 7 and is enabled.[/quote']

I had same issue, click on connection at the top and uncheck "use ssl" and it should work.

Thanks. that did it for the MyHome PC.

I still wonder why it won't work with SSL. I would rather have director secured a little.

Nice update though. I like the new lighting scenes.

In order to make SSL to work with MyHomePC please uninstall MyHomePC (instead of upgrade) and then do the new install of MyHomePC 2.3.

Anyone have trouble with MyHome android after updating?

Mine works fine. Did you update the MyHome app to 2.3 as well?

Also' date=' what version were you on before?[/quote']

Was on 2.2.4 and all was working.

Upgraded MyHome to 2.3 also.

I got MyHome to go on android but had to turn of SSL connections. I'm not real happy about that.

Still no luck with MyHome PC. Says "This device is not autheticated to work with your account." Yet on my.control4.com it is listed as PC, Windows 7 and is enabled.

In regards of MyHome Android SSL, MyHome Android never supported SSL, but SSL support for MyHome Android is coming in the first half of 2013.

In regards of MyHome PC, please remove/uninstall your MyHome PC and do new install of MyHome PC.

I’ve download/installed version 2.3 (I recently purchased ComposerHE), but now every time I open ComposerHE, I receive the following message:

Attention: Your controller is currently running version 2.2.2.

Composer 2.3 can only be used to used to view and update pre-2.3 projects.

To modify your project, you must use Composer 2.2.2.

To update to 2.3, select Tools->Update Manager from the menu.

I contacted my dealer (Advanced Electronics Solutions, AES2) and they said that they need to do the install onsite (for a $95 fee), and that Control4 doesn’t allow them to do the install remotely. I don’t believe that there should be a charge to do a simple upgrade. Am I wrong?

^ The composer version the dealer installed using composer pro must be the same version of HE that you run.

The dealer does *not* have to do another HE install for you "onsite". This is absolute rubbish. You can do this yourself.

So find out what version your controllers are running (you can easily check this via the navigator OSD...More>setting>about ) then download the same version of Composer HE from the my.control4.com login that was set up for you. They are all there.. for your subscription.. you don't have to pay another thing.. even older versions. Looks like you will need 2.2.2 HE..

I know. I've just looked and downloaded my appropriate version of HE only yesterday.. Cheers :)

So, after updating to 2.3, my iPhone and iPad MyHome apps no longer work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, ensuring I have the latest version. I've also tried unregistering/re-registering my primary controller. Nothing works. I get the following message:

"Unable to Connect. We encountered a problem and can't connect to the system at this time. Please try again later."

On the app's config page, the correct controller, IP address and licenses in use are shown, but the director version is blank. The licenses were originally purchased as legacy iPhone full and iPad full. Given the new MyHome user provisioning enabled by 2.3, is it possible that these legacy licenses no longer work and must be converted to MyHome individual licenses or a MyHome site license?

Any other ideas as to what could be causing this?

^ The composer version the dealer installed using composer pro must be the same version of HE that you run.

The dealer does *not* have to do another HE install for you "onsite". This is absolute rubbish. You can do this yourself.

So find out what version your controllers are running (you can easily check this via the navigator OSD...More>setting>about ) then download the same version of Composer HE from the my.control4.com login that was set up for you. They are all there.. for your subscription.. you don't have to pay another thing.. even older versions. Looks like you will need 2.2.2 HE..

I know. I've just looked and downloaded my appropriate version of HE only yesterday.. Cheers :)

Unless they are talking about "installing" v 2.3 director/software, ie update the system. Oh and the DIRECTOR version and your HE should be the same.

Know nothing about C4 not allowing to do it remotely though....although they don't recommend it per se either.

sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn't find it.

I updated to 2.3 and it went well. However my light scenes no longer work. I tried creating new ones as well and they dont work either. Any ideas? My wakeup didn't work either, but I removed it and re created it and now it does.

Cheers

I was able to spend some time with 2.3 on an older HC300 in a single room setup - it's come quite a way from prior 2.x versions in this scenario with all services running on the same box. Reminded me of 1.7.4's speed. Just in case anyone was wondering what performance is like on some of the older hardware.

Archived