C4 Forums | Control4

the driver broker connection must be available when saving the project

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am personally done w local backup. Cloud only for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be incredibly foolish. 4Sight for starters is a REQUIREMENT and having at least one fairly recent version available is common sense if nothing else.

Beyond that Broker doesn't DO cloud or even have anything to do with cloud storage at all, it parses the project and initially a requirement (only) for ComposerExpress - in 2.8 it's used for all the add/remove/modify(update) driver functionality. Because prior to this there were 3 processes able to do this with some potential issues popping in. Just cleaner to only use one. Understand that broker has been around since before 2.8

Note that it can sometimes take something near to an hour after the (main) controller reboots for both director and broker are done - which doesn't affect USE but can prevent connections with composer (that usually clears much sooner) , adding drivers and doing back-ups.

You'd have to have someone look at it - not sure what's going on.

If you have access to system manager - one could look to see if the broker server is indeed running on the main controller.

It sounds like it may not be - and without it Composer cannot access the drivers, thus can't save your project.

I'm getting this error now as well.  How can a person backup their project at this point?  I always make a monthly backup of my project.

If you have 4sight you could try doing a cloud back-up, though I'm not sure it would maek a difference.

The Virtual director issue mentioned by 21 I know C4 is looking at - whether the two things are related I do not know.

Cloud Back up we get the following Error  Message -

Exception: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: Control4.Designer
   at Control4.Designer.DesignerForm.OnFileToCloud(Command cmd)
   at Control4.Designer.Command.Execute()
   at Control4.Designer.MenuItemExecutor.menuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Lol!

It's a work around that may or may not work and is far from a true fix merely they found doing this worked in some cases. Thats the warning bit :)

There is a libeay32.dll file in his Windows system folder C:\Windows\SysWoW64\, Broker also uses a .dll file by the same name, so close composer then rename the file in the windows directory, I just added C4 to the start of the file name so I could find it if I needed to put it back eg C4libeay32.dll.

I did not have to reboot windows but if it fails its worth a reboot

Good luck and don't shoot the messanger please if it fails ;)

I have had the same problem twice today and then got it working afterwards. In my case the driver broker connection error 'seems' to appear if I refresh navigators and save after doing so... If I save and then go out and come back in and then refresh navigators I have no problem. Weird and may be coincidental!

Cloud Back up we get the following Error  Message -

Exception: System.NullReferenceException

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source: Control4.Designer

at Control4.Designer.DesignerForm.OnFileToCloud(Command cmd)

at Control4.Designer.Command.Execute()

at Control4.Designer.MenuItemExecutor.menuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()

at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Odd - as cloud backup is the one thing that doesn't use broker.

Are you doing this via the back-up agent?

Alternatively you can backup using 2.7.2.

The fix above with the dll file shouldn't hurt but it's specific to virtual director on a computer, whereas for the HE thing - that process is (should) run on your controller.

You won't like hearing it - but it may be best to have a dealer check the broker process and see if it's running and enable or disable/enable it - and possibly call tech support.

Note that this is likely more with the system than it is HE, and if my info is accurate, PRO would fail on the systems that are having issues with HE as well.

Lol!

It's a work around that may or may not work and is far from a true fix merely they found doing this worked in some cases. Thats the warning bit :)

There is a libeay32.dll file in his Windows system folder C:\Windows\SysWoW64\, Broker also uses a .dll file by the same name, so close composer then rename the file in the windows directory, I just added C4 to the start of the file name so I could find it if I needed to put it back eg C4libeay32.dll.

I did not have to reboot windows but if it fails its worth a reboot

Good luck and don't shoot the messanger please if it fails ;)

Great thanks will give it a try.

No worries not the shooting type :D

Guess I will go with the 2.72 backup option B)

Are you doing this via the back-up agent?

PS I ask this because you shouldn't use file -> backup to cloud as this FIRST creates a local back-up and THEN copies it to the cloud (and that would still invoke broker) - in the agent, where you do th scheduled back ups there is a 'save now' (forgive me the exact working) option that completely bypasses the broker as the controller itself writes to the cloud.

Archived