C4 Forums | Control4

EA1, EA3 AND EA5 DRIVERS REQUIRED

ADITYA DESIRAJU

Question

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ADITYA DESIRAJU said:

this is just private se for myself for my new residence where all my lighting is run on control 4 relays and dimmers and 7" screen not for any commercial activity.As I mentioned earlier I am not a dealer, this my passion after work hours.

You need to work with a dealer.  Doesn't matter how much training you received.  What you're asking for is very basic stuff that a dealer can help you get started.  If you don't want to work with a dealer, you're not going to find what you're looking for here.

You don't know what you don't know. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of "little things" that you would need to know to make C4 work well. Many of those things are taught in C4 training, many are school of hard knocks. C4 is a super flexible system so you can either make it do a million things right or screw it up a million ways. If you don't know that the EA driver are part of composer, you don't even know where to start.

Just like everyone above me said, call a dealer.

There are some on this forum that will work with you in a remote fashion (I AM NOT ONE) to help you as a tech savvy homeowner in the most cost effective/flexible way possible. If you are super cost conscious or you want a high degree of control this is a good way to go. You should also consider that you will need some education on how to use composer HE after the dealer finishes his work. I would pay for that time and consider it a training class.

There are also a lot of dealers that don't want to get involved in a potential mess with a customer that won't take the dealer's advise.

You could be either category of customer, you need to decide which one you want to be.

Sorry Bro. None of us are willing to risk our dealer status and our livelihood in helping, As kind as it may be. We just simply cannot get you access unless you have a dealer account or you work as a Tech under a dealer.

Your best bet is to find your friend who is a dealer and ask him.

8 hours ago, ADITYA DESIRAJU said:

this is just private se for myself for my new residence where all my lighting is run on control 4 relays and dimmers and 7" screen not for any commercial activity.As I mentioned earlier I am not a dealer, this my passion after work hours.

And you can do the passion with physically install it on yourself and then call a dealer to set it up via composer and then you can go to composer HE and play with the programming

But there is one thing you can't do: Add devices into the control4 system by yourself - you need a dealer for that

1 hour ago, ADITYA DESIRAJU said:

To put it simple:

Control4 is dealer based, meaning you need a dealer to set up all devices for your project. When done you can program whatever you want via Composer HE

13 minutes ago, ADITYA DESIRAJU said:

don't matter

2 hours ago, ADITYA DESIRAJU said:

Correct I had tem earlier, but due to HDD issues , everything got wiped out, so that why I am requesting.I am a trained programmer through another friend who was a control dealer a long while ago, learned some installation but havent kept abreast till now.catching up as I have new system at home and plan to inst all and configure myself, i guess this not wrong

The drivers are available in Composer Pro and unless you are a dealer, you are not allowed acces to Composer Pro so would need to find a dealer.

QED

Correct I had tem earlier, but due to HDD issues , everything got wiped out, so that why I am requesting.I am a trained programmer through another friend who was a control dealer a long while ago, learned some installation but havent kept abreast till now.catching up as I have new system at home and plan to inst all and configure myself, i guess this not wrong

6 hours ago, ADITYA DESIRAJU said:

EA1, EA3 AND EA5 DRIVERS REQUIRED

Yes, they are required when you have an EA-1, EA-3, or EA-5 in your system.

They are available to installers as part of the Control4 ComposerPro software of the appropriate version (2.9+, I believe).

RyanE

Archived