Jump to content
bnet

bMyQ - New Product Offering!

Recommended Posts

Pleased to announce the bMyQ driver is available!

Enables monitoring and control of your MyQ-enabled smart devices from Chamberlain and LiftMaster. Compatible with the latest MyQ API!

Visit https://bnet4solutions.com for the bMyQ driver and documentation as well as my modest, but growing, list of other available drivers.

enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your "instant" answer is going to be a contact sensor - there is no publish/subscribe or websocket service available from MyQ.  So, bMyQ gets its device state via the only method possible - polling.  Currently configurable between 1 and 10 min increments.  bMyQ does have a nice feature that keeps the device state current after issuing a command - see the polling discussion notes in the documentation for more detail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Except your driver is just as likely to break as all the other ones nout there. It's not an official API and it's still a hack

I feel "hack" is a bit strong - i would suggest "reverse engineered".  Some may even take offense to their working being called a "hack".

Whatever you want to call it, if you want Control4 to control/monitor your MyQ devices, you have a driver or a soldering iron - choose your hack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The soldering iron option is less likely to break at some undetermined point in the future.

You can even buy door openers that have already been soldered for you...

RyanE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bnet said:

I would always choose a hardwired/local solution over a wireless/cloud solution - just not an option for everyone.  That is why we have options.

Yup.  Options are good.

RyanE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed. And $75 is a fair price as compared to the competition. I'm guessing it's not as feature rich but seems to do the basics of what 90% of people want which is to get everything integrated into their Control4 app.

Do you offer dealer demo/showroom licenses for your drivers?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone installed the bMYq driver? My Control4 service center appears to be refusing to try this option.  I had the Houselogics solution prior and was very happy with it, until it went away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice if Chamberlain wasn't so anit-client in their behaviour.  Are there any options to Chamberlain's MyQ solution?  If I wanted to just use generic sensors and relays in C4 what type of wireless tilt door sensor would I use?  I am getting some Global Cache GC-100s - presumably I could use this to drive and monitor my garage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time the MYQ driver went down (this summer) I broke down and got myself an Axxess relay and contact sensor and some garage door contact sensors. Took a few hours to install cost about $300 To do both doors with programming but works like a charm. Instant two way feedback, event programming, etc. 

Only issue I’m aware of is that certain newer Chamberlin openers require a separate module in order to make the connection between the relay and your GDO’s. Others can explain better. 
 

IMHO this process is better than using unpredictable API from MYQ.  You pay a little more but you don’t worry about a damn thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, zaphod said:

It would be nice if Chamberlain wasn't so anit-client in their behaviour. 

https://www.myq.com/works-with-myq

I mean they do work with several systems.  Just not C4.  Why not just put some sensors on the door and use Alan's IFTTT driver to open/close?  I use another myq driver that works, but I am sure there is nothing wrong with bmyq's version, the OPs dealer likely does not want to deal with something that goes around an API that could stop working at any moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some simple push buttons that also open/close the door, so I don't see why you couldn't simulate those buttons with a relay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

https://www.myq.com/works-with-myq

I mean they do work with several systems.  Just not C4.  Why not just put some sensors on the door and use Alan's IFTTT driver to open/close?  I use another myq driver that works, but I am sure there is nothing wrong with bmyq's version, the OPs dealer likely does not want to deal with something that goes around an API that could stop working at any moment.

It looks like it works with HomeKit, but I am not sure if you can control HomeKit from C4.  I do have Homebridge that let's all of my C4 stuff get into HomeKit but I don't know if you can control HomeKit devices from C4 - can you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HG1 said:

Has anyone installed the bMYq driver? My Control4 service center appears to be refusing to try this option.  I had the Houselogics solution prior and was very happy with it, until it went away.

in january, i started offering license subscriptions for bMyQ and bRoomba.  each are currently priced at $12.50 per 3 months if a software/driver solution is the route you want to take.

copy from my site's FAQs:

What Are License Subscriptions?

BNet Solutions now offers the bRoomba and bMyQ drivers on a subscription basis. Instead of a one-time purchase, you are billed at a regular interval (usually quarterly) for the use of these drivers. All billing transactions are handled by PayPal and are “friction-less”. You may choose to continue the subscription for as long as you like for cancel it at anytime. Once cancelled, the driver will continue to function until the expiration of the current subscription period and then will be deactivated.

Why Only Offer Subscriptions for bRoomba and bMyQ?

The rebuke to these drivers is that they rely on unsupported cloud services / APIs to function and that a change to that infrastructure could cripple the functionality of these drivers.

If you are a “Dumpster Fire” prophet, do not buy these drivers. I wish you well on your integration efforts but know that there are NO official APIs available for 3rd party integrations.

If you want to integrate MyQ or Roomba hardware into your automated home, but want to hedge on a full license purchase, perhaps a subscription is right for you. See the bRoomba and bMyQ product pages for more details on pricing and terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, zaphod said:

I have some simple push buttons that also open/close the door, so I don't see why you couldn't simulate those buttons with a relay.

Me too, Have dedicated buttons on a programmable Keypad. Press and hold for 2 seconds triggers relay, LED color changes. It’s the bomb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zaphod said:

It looks like it works with HomeKit, but I am not sure if you can control HomeKit from C4.  I do have Homebridge that let's all of my C4 stuff get into HomeKit but I don't know if you can control HomeKit devices from C4 - can you?

i dont use homekit

 

44 minutes ago, bnet said:

in january, i started offering license subscriptions for bMyQ and bRoomba.  each are currently priced at $12.50 per 3 months if a software/driver solution is the route you want to take.

copy from my site's FAQs:

What Are License Subscriptions?

BNet Solutions now offers the bRoomba and bMyQ drivers on a subscription basis. Instead of a one-time purchase, you are billed at a regular interval (usually quarterly) for the use of these drivers. All billing transactions are handled by PayPal and are “friction-less”. You may choose to continue the subscription for as long as you like for cancel it at anytime. Once cancelled, the driver will continue to function until the expiration of the current subscription period and then will be deactivated.

Why Only Offer Subscriptions for bRoomba and bMyQ?

The rebuke to these drivers is that they rely on unsupported cloud services / APIs to function and that a change to that infrastructure could cripple the functionality of these drivers.

If you are a “Dumpster Fire” prophet, do not buy these drivers. I wish you well on your integration efforts but know that there are NO official APIs available for 3rd party integrations.

If you want to integrate MyQ or Roomba hardware into your automated home, but want to hedge on a full license purchase, perhaps a subscription is right for you. See the bRoomba and bMyQ product pages for more details on pricing and terms.

that is a great idea.  I am not opposed to unsupported drivers as long as the buyer is aware going in.  I got the other MyQ driver prior to release so at the time was a quick decision.  Just curious - do you accept the license up to say the purchase price?   Your MyQ Driver is $75.  After 6 pay cycles do you keep paying or do you shut off the auto payment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CardAccess Zigbee Relay is what I use as well, I had purchased the double relay driver for One toggle push in addition to Mini Remote and had zero issues since then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zaphod said:

I have some simple push buttons that also open/close the door, so I don't see why you couldn't simulate those buttons with a relay.

It's a data connection, not just a relay. At least that's how my new MyQ garage door openers are. I miss the old easy relay! I'm going to go the route of getting the $12 doorbell like button and wiring that up to a relay on the C4 system. I just need to get around to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have old-ish Chamberlain openers but I bought the MyQ Bridge and the door tilt sensors.  But my garage still has simple analog push button switches wired up directly to the door openers.  I would think that I can use those wires, connected to a relay to trigger the doors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eggzlot said:

i dont use homekit

 

that is a great idea.  I am not opposed to unsupported drivers as long as the buyer is aware going in.  I got the other MyQ driver prior to release so at the time was a quick decision.  Just curious - do you accept the license up to say the purchase price?   Your MyQ Driver is $75.  After 6 pay cycles do you keep paying or do you shut off the auto payment?

You can commit or hedge but can’t do both. Otherwise, it is really a payment plan not a subscription. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zaphod said:

I have old-ish Chamberlain openers but I bought the MyQ Bridge and the door tilt sensors.  But my garage still has simple analog push button switches wired up directly to the door openers.  I would think that I can use those wires, connected to a relay to trigger the doors.

Yeah, you should be good. That’s what I did at my old house and it was awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 11:10 AM, joecheech said:

Last time the MYQ driver went down (this summer) I broke down and got myself an Axxess relay and contact sensor and some garage door contact sensors. Took a few hours to install cost about $300 To do both doors with programming but works like a charm. Instant two way feedback, event programming, etc. 

Only issue I’m aware of is that certain newer Chamberlin openers require a separate module in order to make the connection between the relay and your GDO’s. Others can explain better. 
 

IMHO this process is better than using unpredictable API from MYQ.  You pay a little more but you don’t worry about a damn thing. 

Can you elaborate on this more (what is needed between the two)?  I'm trying to use a relay for this purpose with a newer MyQ opener 8160WB, and it seems that the wired connection between the opener and the door is a data connection, and not a simple relay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...