C4 Forums | Control4

Neeo Issues

Have a new Neeo and it keeps disconnecting from network. Luxul Epic 5 router with Ubiquiti nano APs (just upgraded from AP Pro). Have tried separate 2G guest network just for the Neeo, dedicated IP address for neeo, turned off band steering, etc etc. keeps dropping Wi-Fi. None of my other Wi-Fi devices have problems. iPhone works fine and gets strong signal. Dealer is replacing but just wonder if there is something I missed? Neeo goes full signal to zero randomly. Turned off sleep mode in HE. Rebooted ea5, restarted Neeo and also re-paired w network about 5 times. Still have problems. Thoughts? Musings?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new Neeo. So issue is Ubiquiti Wi-Fi equipment doesn’t play well w Neeo. So Dubamivora you were correct. I tried myriad settings but if you google Neeo and Ubiquiti Wi-Fi issues you’ll fine that there are long-standing problems with Neeo remotes (pre-dating C4 product). So shame I can’t use the new remotes with my Ubiquiti Wi-Fi. Odd that this is the only C4 product, or any product for that matter, which doesn’t play well w Ubiquiti Wi-Fi. If anyone has a solution pls let me know (We have another home w Ruckus and Neeo and all works perfectly). FYI my main router Used w Ubiquiti APs  is Luxul Epic 5. 

On 4/28/2020 at 5:28 PM, Dunamivora said:

But if you turned off the sleep mode, then it could be you need a new one. Big thing to try is a different brand AP (Yes I know people have luck with Ubiquiti). I would put in a Ruckus or other AP as a test.

Got the new Neeo. So issue is Ubiquiti Wi-Fi equipment doesn’t play well w Neeo. So Dubamivora you were correct. I tried myriad settings but if you google Neeo and Ubiquiti Wi-Fi issues you’ll fine that there are long-standing problems with Neeo remotes (pre-dating C4 product). So shame I can’t use the new remotes with my Ubiquiti Wi-Fi. Odd that this is the only C4 product, or any product for that matter, which doesn’t play well w Ubiquiti Wi-Fi. If anyone has a solution pls let me know (We have another home w Ruckus and Neeo and all works perfectly). FYI my main router Used w Ubiquiti APs  is Luxul Epic 5. 

just a thought 

If you have huge overlap between your access points maybe try turning down the RSSI on the access point. 

ive seen in some cases if there are too many access points near the remote it gets confused and jumps from one AP to another AP

Thanks 

M

Do this and it should fix it. Did for mine!

We learned that Ubiquiti has a setting call "High-speed device optimization."
This setting must be turned off for NEEO remote controls to connect Properly. 

7 hours ago, Crustyloafer said:

I would setup a completely separate SSID on 2.4GHz only for the Neeo and see how that performs. I had to do this in our Showroom just to get it to connect at all.

Thanks I tried that and also static IP. Neither worked. 

17 minutes ago, Rbeard said:

Do this and it should fix it. Did for mine!

We learned that Ubiquiti has a setting call "High-speed device optimization."
This setting must be turned off for NEEO remote controls to connect Properly. 

I don’t see that setting. Do you mean the setting which pushes devices to 5g?

9 hours ago, Crustyloafer said:

I would setup a completely separate SSID on 2.4GHz only for the Neeo and see how that performs. I had to do this in our Showroom just to get it to connect at all.

Curious what network gear you have in your showroom?

6 hours ago, penn65000 said:

I don’t see that setting. Do you mean the setting which pushes devices to 5g?

I believe it is the High Performance Devices setting. I setup a 2.4 only SSID and then disabled this setting on the unifi controller and have not had any issues since.

2 hours ago, Rbeard said:

I believe it is the High Performance Devices setting. I setup a 2.4 only SSID and then disabled this setting on the unifi controller and have not had any issues since.

I did same and tried dedicated 2.4 and even static up. Didn’t work. 

45 minutes ago, penn65000 said:

I did same and tried dedicated 2.4 and even static up. Didn’t work. 

The only other thing I did was to delete and factory restore the Neeo after updating settings in unifi. I then went through setup again on Neeo and no issues since. Hope you get it working. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just brought the second (replacement) Neeo to our other house which has Ruckus APs. Paired with that system and its CA10. Same issues — WiFi drops randomly. Suspect there is a bad production run of Neeos. C4 should issue a service notice. 

59B2077C-467C-4DD0-95EF-309D70B83372.jpeg

658FEB68-A719-4962-9EFC-898D603FFB02.jpeg

8 minutes ago, penn65000 said:

Just brought the second (replacement) Neeo to our other house which has Ruckus APs. Paired with that system and its CA10. Same issues — WiFi drops randomly. Suspect there is a bad production run of Neeos. C4 should issue a service notice. 

59B2077C-467C-4DD0-95EF-309D70B83372.jpeg

658FEB68-A719-4962-9EFC-898D603FFB02.jpeg

So it’s not ubiquity after all?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.