C4 Forums | Control4

Neeo Issues

4 hours ago, gadgetfreak said:

Is this confirmed ? I have unifi dream machine pro and unifi access points.seperate 2.4ghz ssid and the neeo continuosly drops  is there a way to not let the neeo wifi go to sleep?

I had two bad ones and the third worked. Someone on this threat from C4 said they’d track the return and sort but I never heard from them. Again suspect they have some bad radios. The good ones respond well whether they’re on sleep or not. 

On 6/19/2020 at 1:59 PM, Dunamivora said:

I read there were enough hardware differences that the original Neeo remote cannot run the C4 software.

You can run C4 software on the original Neeo. Gets firmware updates and everything. Just requires a little effort and know how. 

To those with the 'between networks issue,' I also have UniFi APs and could only solve the problem via secondary SSIDs for each AP.

I still get a little lag with the Neeos coming out of sleep (as mentioned in this thread) but will try disabling that now in Composer for the high-use areas.

And finally, someone asked where the 'force 5Ghz' setting was in the UniFi Controller -- it's now (and has been for a few releases) under 'auto optimize' (which also blocks multicast, FYI).

On 12/29/2020 at 7:55 PM, cshepard said:

We have a client with ten Neeos. We are using UniFi AP-AC-LRs for WiFi. We have created a 2.4 GHz-only SSID for each AP that a Neeo (or Neeos) will be connecting to. No connectivity issues since we set up this WiFi configuration for the remotes.

To reiterate/link this to my above post — I happen to have 10 Neeos and this worked.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 1:17 AM, booch said:

To reiterate/link this to my above post — I happen to have 10 Neeos and this worked.

so to be clear,  on the access point closest to the neeo, you created a ssid just for that one? and that one only? I already have a IoT  seperate 2.4ghz only ssid that it connects to . I don't think from that spot in the room it can "see" the ssid broadcast from another AP.  

Or is it because there's other devices on the SSID? you only have 1 client the neeo on 1 ssid to that 1 AP? any specific setting like VHT20 vs VHT40, signal strenght

what about "allow BSS transmission" here are my settings.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 144136.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-13 144114.jpg

On 1/13/2021 at 4:41 PM, gadgetfreak said:

so to be clear,  on the access point closest to the neeo, you created a ssid just for that one? and that one only? I already have a IoT  seperate 2.4ghz only ssid that it connects to . I don't think from that spot in the room it can "see" the ssid broadcast from another AP.  

Or is it because there's other devices on the SSID? you only have 1 client the neeo on 1 ssid to that 1 AP? any specific setting like VHT20 vs VHT40, signal strenght

what about "allow BSS transmission" here are my settings.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 144136.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-13 144114.jpg

I created a separate 2.4Ghz SSID for each of my (7) APs with a unique name (the AP's name); whereas my primary 2.4/5Ghz WLAN has a shared name across frequencies and APs. No tweaked settings on the former. I then set the Neeos that were having 'tweener' issues to a logical AP for their space. Works great!

(Screenshot of Controller below to help if not clear.)

Setup 1.PNG

Setup 2.PNG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.