C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Kodi Full (XBMC) Driver for Control4

alanchow

1 hour ago, Wushi said:

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the native c4 ip control driver.
Houselogix have withdrawn their driver because of some stability issues.

So I guess I'll have to go the Videostorm way.

Thanks  

Yeah Control4 withdrew it as well for the same reasons.  It doesn't work with the new FireTV firmware.

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2018 at 1:59 PM, alanchow said:

Yeah Control4 withdrew it as well for the same reasons.  It doesn't work with the new FireTV firmware.

Hi @alanchow,

Finally I was able to get my hands on the videostorm usb ir device. Installed it and got it working. A lot quicker than the C4 Ip Driver - very snappy, very happy! :)

However I do need your help;

1. How do I select the native Amazon FTV interface - there's no minidriver for it and sometimes you need to go to settings or network, or apps etc. It would be nice to have a Fire TV source and go to the home screen of the device;
Youtube mini driver doesn't launch Youtube. Youtube is blocked on the AFTV but if you lauch it via the interface you get a warning and go to Firefox
3. Is there a way to start Kodi upon restart of the FTV? On the event of a restart, if KODI isn't running, nothing else works, not even the Kodi Control App
4. I wasn't able to load the movie posters on the C4 interface  - neither on lists nor on the info screen.  Is there a workaround for it? 
6. How do you use the irusb mini-drivers? 

14 hours ago, Wushi said:

Hi @alanchow,

Finally I was able to get my hands on the videostorm usb ir device. Installed it and got it working. A lot quicker than the C4 Ip Driver - very snappy, very happy! :)

However I do need your help;

1. How do I select the native Amazon FTV interface - there's no minidriver for it and sometimes you need to go to settings or network, or apps etc. It would be nice to have a Fire TV source and go to the home screen of the device;
Youtube mini driver doesn't launch Youtube. Youtube is blocked on the AFTV but if you lauch it via the interface you get a warning and go to Firefox
3. Is there a way to start Kodi upon restart of the FTV? On the event of a restart, if KODI isn't running, nothing else works, not even the Kodi Control App
4. I wasn't able to load the movie posters on the C4 interface  - neither on lists nor on the info screen.  Is there a workaround for it? 
6. How do you use the irusb mini-drivers? 

It sounds like you have not fully setup our Kodi Full driver correctly.  Your dealer will need to contact our Australian or US support desks and we will walk them through setup.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/support

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Ilushka85 said:

@alanchow after upgrading nvidia shield to latest update 8.0 the mini drivers for amazon, youtube no longer work.  Netflix driver works however.

We will do some investigating to see what is going on.

most probable cause is that there is new android intents for them

On 6/30/2018 at 2:43 PM, Ilushka85 said:

@alanchow after upgrading nvidia shield to latest update 8.0 the mini drivers for amazon, youtube no longer work.  Netflix driver works however.

Same with the Fire TV. YouTube and Amazon mini drivers don't work 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
5 hours ago, blub said:

@alanchow

Hi any info/ETA on the update for Kodi v18 compatibility?

Not sure if i mentioned it in this post or another post but Kodi Full's v18 compatible driver is in beta.  It won't be released until Kodi v18 Leia is released (it is currently in RC2).

1 hour ago, alanchow said:

Not sure if i mentioned it in this post or another post but Kodi Full's v18 compatible driver is in beta.  It won't be released until Kodi v18 Leia is released (it is currently in RC2).

Alan, 

As a dealer is there anyway to test out this beta? It would be great to have some time with the driver before my customers systems are updated to 18.

7 hours ago, Alt said:

Alan, 

As a dealer is there anyway to test out this beta? It would be great to have some time with the driver before my customers systems are updated to 18.

You can reach out to me via PM on the official dealer forum with your email 

Forgive my ignorance but I normally use Fire TV box for netflix, youtube, amazon video, and of course Kodi. What does this driver allow in Kodi that using the C4 remote can't? Does it allow direct access to certain things like add ons without going through the menus? I will be on a matrixed system (will have sony tv's) but would like to stick to one kodi device so can easily keep track of watched shows, movies, and the like. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Forgive my ignorance but I normally use Fire TV box for netflix, youtube, amazon video, and of course Kodi. What does this driver allow in Kodi that using the C4 remote can't? Does it allow direct access to certain things like add ons without going through the menus? I will be on a matrixed system (will have sony tv's) but would like to stick to one kodi device so can easily keep track of watched shows, movies, and the like. Thanks. 

Lots of stuff

please see first post for feature list with a few screenshots

• 4 weeks later...

Can I add to the wish list for your next update... for those of us running Kodi on the Nvidia Shield with IRUSB, a single click option to get to the Nvidia Shield home screen would be awesome. Having to exit Kodi (or whatever Shield app we happen to be in) to get to the Shield Home screen is cumbersome. Likewise, a button the C4 Watch or Listen navigator to the Shield Home page would be awesome!

Thanks!!

On 12/13/2018 at 10:46 PM, alanchow said:

You can reach out to me via PM on the official dealer forum with your email 

Hi Alan,

Kodi 18 (leia) auto-installed on my Kodi box (NVIDIA Shield) replacing my Kodi 17 and my Control 4 remote control broke.  

The update also broke (or changed external control settings), but updating those did not fix it.  It did fix it for my iPhone Kodi app control. 

Just wondering if the Kodi Chowmain Control4 controller is supposed to work on Kodi 18 Control4/Kodi/Chowmain driver, or if we’re awaiting an update?

I was about to bug my dealer, but I’m pretty sure they’d hem and haw before waiting several weeks to ask you and get back to me...

Edit: Interestingly the stop button in the Control4 remote still works (on Kodi) along with a couple custom buttons, but up, down, right, left and back do not.

33 minutes ago, Mr.BigCat said:

Hi Alan,

Kodi 18 (leia) auto-installed on my Kodi box (NVIDIA Shield) replacing my Kodi 17 and my Control 4 remote control broke.  

The update also broke (or changed external control settings), but updating those did not fix it.  It did fix it for my iPhone Kodi app control. 

Just wondering if the Kodi Chowmain Control4 controller is supposed to work on Kodi 18 Control4/Kodi/Chowmain driver, or if we’re awaiting an update?

I was about to bug my dealer, but I’m pretty sure they’d hem and haw before waiting several weeks to ask you and get back to me...

Edit: Interestingly the stop button in the Control4 remote still works (on Kodi) along with a couple custom buttons, but up, down, right, left and back do not.

It has been updated.  We didn’t force an update out to the sites as some are in older versions.

Your dealer can push this update out remotely

alternatively if you have composer home edition you can set the driver to auto update and that will also work

9 hours ago, alanchow said:

It has been updated.  We didn’t force an update out to the sites as some are in older versions.

alternatively if you have composer home edition you can set the driver to auto update and that will also work

Thank you, Alan.  Much appreciated!

Edit:  I switched to auto-update mode last night and rebooted C4 (power cycle).  It did not immediately fix the problem.  However, when I checked this morning it had updated and was working fine.

Mhh doesnt show up in HE for me.
The DC driver show updates=0 and the driver properties for Kodi show version june 2018.
Check driver of updates on/off doesnt do the trick....

EDIT:
After 2 reboots it now updated

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, alanchow said:

Wow, impressed as always by your lightning fast responsiveness @alanchow !

I'm curious, does this update bring any other fixes or feature enhancements to Kodi Full, or is it exclusively for compatibility with Kodi 18?

@alanchow

My Kodi recently updated to 18. It seems my Kodi Full Driver quit working. It is showing the Control 4 Connected graphic on my Kodi. My driver says it is up to date. It seems only the PGUP and PGDWN keys are responsive.

Any thoughts on to why the driver is not working?

Thanks in advance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.