C4 Forums | Control4

OS2.10.4

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/6/2018 at 12:33 PM, chopedogg88 said:

At CEDIA 2018, Control4 is releasing a software maintenance release (OS 2.10.4), new lighting hardware, exciting new features in the form of new customization options with When >> Then, new streaming services, new drivers, and more. These releases include: • OS 2.10.4 • Control4 KNX lighting • Control4 8-Channel Forward Phase Dimmer • Control4 Mechanical Switches • An EA-1 software update that gives dealers the ability to install additional controllers in a project • New capabilities for When>>Then • Amazon Music driver (now a native streaming music service in Control4 systems) • Updated Deezer driver to support Deezer HiFi • Add Music driver that gives homeowners and dealers the ability to add music services through a touch screen or the Control4 app

We had two systems upgraded to latest release and the “add music” option doesn’t appear on either (to add music services). The dealer (diamond) doesn’t know why. Tried rebooting ea-5 and same issue. So can’t add amazon music...

No. Stick w the 800.

They removed the limit to make migrating projects to ea 3 or 5 easier. They don't recommend running mutiroom on an ea1

If I have an HC800 director is it worth replacing it for an EA1?

Why do you think Control4 removed the limits on the EA1?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

No. Stick w the 800.

They removed the limit to make migrating projects to ea 3 or 5 easier. They don't recommend running mutiroom on an ea1

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What about a HC-250? Mine seems to work fine. I don’t use the audio or video of the controller. 

If your project has an HC250 as primary and EA1 as secondary, I would make the EA1 the primary.

If you project has an HC800 as primary and EA1 as secondary, leave the way it is.

At my house, I had a hc800 as primary. I migrated the project to a new EA3 and left the hc800 just for IO (relay, contact etc). There is absolutely no difference in speed. Both controllers are capable of running my project just fine, but YMMV.

7 minutes ago, mallom said:

If your project has an HC250 as primary and EA1 as secondary, I would make the EA1 the primary.

If you project has an HC800 as primary and EA1 as secondary, leave the way it is.

At my house, I had a hc800 as primary. I migrated the project to a new EA3 and left the hc800 just for IO (relay, contact etc). There is absolutely no difference in speed. Both controllers are capable of running my project just fine, but YMMV.

I have just a HC-250. No other controllers. 3 TV’s controlled by global cache itachs. Serial on controller is used for security system

12 minutes ago, mallom said:

Thanks.  I'll stick with the HC800.  I thought there might be some benefit to the EA1 or EA3.

22 minutes ago, therockhr said:

What about a HC-250? Mine seems to work fine. I don’t use the audio or video of the controller. 

If its running fine, just leave the way it is. But keep in mind that the HC250/800 will be EOL at some point. 
If it was my project, I would at least have an EA1/3 as primary just because we dont know what the next OS will bring, and plus, you would benefit from a faster/modern controller. 

7 minutes ago, thegizzard said:

Thanks.  I'll stick with the HC800.  I thought there might be some benefit to the EA1 or EA3.

The HC800 is an awesome controller, but it will be EOL soon. 
Again, If it was my project, I would at least have an EA3 as primary just because we dont know what the next OS will bring, and plus, you would benefit from a faster/modern controller

On a positive note, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the camera jump feature only works on EA series controllers and t3's. Very handy if you have a lot of cameras and want them popping up on t3's or tv nav when there's motion or for whatever reason. As much as I still like the hc800, I can't go back to that now that I've been used to an ea5 and t3's the progression of features and drivers exclusive to it. Not much of an advantage to mix and match older v2's just to save a few bucks on a slow moving TS in comparison to a t3.

The add music driver is a bonus for end users. It seems like Control4 is slowly giving some power back to the end users for supporting newer equipment.  Not a bad thing.

Re: Amazon
It doesn’t appear that there is any access to it in programming, so I’m guessing that you can’t start from a favorite (i.e.by pressing a keypad button).
It looks like you have to go thru navigator. So you can’t cycle thru favorites or use it in a series of sources that you cycle.
Still nice to have, but it would be great if you could start a favorite by pressing a keypad button. 
It says up top this is an amazon api gap

On 9/8/2018 at 3:22 PM, dcovach said:

On a positive note, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the camera jump feature only works on EA series controllers and t3's. Very handy if you have a lot of cameras and want them popping up on t3's or tv nav when there's motion or for whatever reason. As much as I still like the hc800, I can't go back to that now that I've been used to an ea5 and t3's the progression of features and drivers exclusive to it. Not much of an advantage to mix and match older v2's just to save a few bucks on a slow moving TS in comparison to a t3.

The add music driver is a bonus for end users. It seems like Control4 is slowly giving some power back to the end users for supporting newer equipment.  Not a bad thing.

The Camera Flip now works fine on EA Navigators and T3 touch screens Running OS 2.10+. You now accomplish this by using the "Navigation Agent".

The old way of doing things on an Infinity Edge was to save a bookmark on the touchscreen and use programming to recall that bookmark.

Dealers can reference KB 2115 if wondering how to pop up a camera on a EA/T3 during an event.

1 hour ago, BraydonH said:

The Camera Flip now works fine on EA Navigators and T3 touch screens Running OS 2.10+. You now accomplish this by using the "Navigation Agent".

The old way of doing things on an Infinity Edge was to save a bookmark on the touchscreen and use programming to recall that bookmark.

Dealers can reference KB 2115 if wondering how to pop up a camera on a EA/T3 during an event.

The navigation agent is wonderful if you have an EA series controller on at least 2.10.  The challenge is when an HC250 or HC800 has been updated to 2.10.  The bookmarks are removed.  The only way around this is to simulate a SR-250/260 remote by programming button presses with delays in between so that the selector lands on the desired camera.  I can't remember if this works on V2 touch screens.  Probably not.

Funny thing is that no-one is mentioning the biggest change to when->then here - the ability (by the dealer at least, not sure on HE) to tag any existing programming as 'customer' making existing programming available to edit using when->then. This means it's quick and easy to change older system programming into something people can edit themselves...

On 9/6/2018 at 1:41 PM, nyarjun said:

Isn't the HC800 also a dual core processor, but is it x86 or arm? Because the newer ea controllers say x86 which is better clock to clock than arm, and  since its newer would it not have a better ipc per clock rating?

Just curious

He's just being cross, the HC800 will not outperform the EA series. The only arguable point there is that on-screen on the EA controllers take up more resources.

8 minutes ago, prabeau said:

Have 2.10.4 installed and sign in on Amazon.

Followed the sign in procedure but get nothing when selecting home. Signed out and back in again. I have prime music.

What am I missing ?

Thanks

Currently you need to have a US Amazon Prime subscription for the C4 Amazon prime music driver to work.  I think it works in the UK....?  I'm in Canada but have both US and Canada Prime subscriptions so it works for me.  Hopefully C4 and Amazon can make this work for clients from other countries too.

Archived