C4 Forums | Control4

Some of you are insane

I know its something about forums in general but this place is as bad as I've ever seen.

Almost every thread has someone who sticks their nose in simply to

argue

one up

tear down

make fun of

show how smart they are

etc

etc

etc

Do any of those word(s) sound good? Is this how you act in the real world?

I deleted an entire thread because a thread I started to discuss the issue of controlling a Powerpoint presentation turned into nothing but a negative thread...

Agreed. Everyone on this forum is insane.

That said, I didn't see it as a negative thread as much as pressing an idea and blaming Control4 for not creating something that didn't make sense to create in the first place. There were even suggestions as to what *could* be done to control a PowerPoint with Control4, which are now lost for anyone else who they might be useful for.

I've also seen a lot of good on this forum, many questions answered, and people helped. Sadly we don't always live up to that standard.

RyanE

One, 1, person blamed C4 and that's their MO a well known MO. Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore posts like this then to advance it? I was thankful for the ideas but envisioned a potentially better solution that I was willing to investigate the creation of. A potential solution that could work for C4 installs and/or a multitude of other potential situations outside of C4.

The current solutions provided were admittedly not ideal or easy, which nudged me to think maybe an easy solution was possible given the right resources.

None the less the conversation deteriorated to pure garbage.

Well the best way to restore civility to forums is to start a thread calling everyone else insane.

WoW

Well the best way to to bring something to light or bring forth an observation isn't to ignore the issue, but a strong subject line tends to get peoples attention.

I've edited thee subject name as to not offend the innocent

Well the best way to restore civility to forums is to start a thread calling everyone else insane.

WoW

Well the best way to to bring something to light or bring forth an observation isn't to ignore the issue' date=' but a strong subject line tends to get peoples attention.

I've edited thee subject name as to not offend the innocent[/quote']

I agree with you. I am going to ignore threads that go that direction from now on! I like to discuss how to make things, how to solve problems and basically anything to do with technology and thats what it should be. Thank you Cashmoney for calling that to our attention and reminding us what this forum is about.

</ insanity>

I will agree- this forum contains the likes of many a strange thoughts. cash- it's your right to delete what you started but to fly-off and blanket the entire community really shows you are just as guilty as the rest of us.

Slamming C4 has been an international sport here. Can I stick my nose in when someone slams? You bet.

Studies shows that most geniuses are borderly insane.

Either that or we are just a bunch of smarta$$es :)

Live and let live as I say. Sometimes our passion for these this stuff gets the better of us. Not to mention the anonymity of the internet makes us feel invinsible, hidden from the realities of the outside world. Civility is sometimes the first to go.

In the spirit of OP's post. Let us strive to be a more friendly, helpful community.

Archived