C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 marketing is now spamming us directly to upgrade?!

c44me

Seriously?! Anyone else receive this!? :

Hey XXXX,

I am contacting you from the Control4 marketing department. It looks like you are still using one of our older operating systems and we wanted see if you would be interested in upgrading to our new EA Line (Introduced 1/26/2016).  In fact, when you upgrade now you are eligible to save an additional 10% off all Control4 products.

This new hardware allows you to operate on the newest software 2.9 introduced September 2016. This software gives you control with Amazon Alexa, Sonos Certified Driver, Improved UI, customizable screensavers and lightning fast speed. Also, we have recently acquired PakEdge networking systems to ensure your network keeps up with the demand of your devices.

I am making calls today to schedule a time for XXXX at The XXXX dealer to contact you in the next week about the benefits and price of upgrading your system. What is your best availability in the next couple of days for a call about scheduling an installation?

Thank you XXXX and look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,

Abram Hatch | Inside Sales

Control4® | United States · United Kingdom · China · India

p. + 1 844.282.8754
e. 
ahatch@control4.com
w.www.control4.com

http://www.control4.com/addons/default/themes/C4W3/img/control4.png

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it is strictly prohibited.

If you can login to my.Control4.com

You have checked this box. It is their license agreement on the page before you can even access your account. You can of course always log into your account and edit your communication settings.

Happy Automating!

3 hours ago, c44me said:

Looks pretty real to me, and I never checked any little mark anywhere, on any agreement that I recall...

As mentioned, it's checked by default. As for 'real' - not saying it is or isn't - just (poorly) trying to say I don't know or had heard prior that they did this is all.

Honestly, sending you an email about a running promotion, that much more interesting as it would be more of  a major upgrade for you, doesn't seem all that terrible a thing?

Least they have realized they have customers, one more step forward.

My dealer called me about 4Sight saying C4 had emailed to say it was due to be renewed. 

To be honest I have problems with these emails, they could send out even more telling us about updates and

new features, plus also they could advise us about problems - More interaction the better 

I don't see the problem with it?  It's called sales.  Upgrade, uprgrade, upgrade.  Bet you aren't using that phone you had 5 years ago.  They want everybody to get on the new hardware and also make money and have less support calls on old stuff.  Everybody wins.  

• 4 months later...
On 2/21/2017 at 2:06 PM, VINCELdUB said:

If you can login to my.Control4.com

You have checked this box. It is their license agreement on the page before you can even access your account. You can of course always log into your account and edit your communication settings.

Happy Automating!

Control4 Automatically checks this box.  You have to have your wits about you to uncheck it.  It's an opt out, not an opt in.,

Archived