C4 Forums | Control4

Director is unable to authenticate Composer HE

Sorry for been wrong 

Yes I do understand that, but you would hold on to shares if you think profit is to made in long run 

you give me 10000 shares to keep me on board, I would not sell until they doubled/trebled at the minimum before I would sell. 

Your wage is not going to be small side, so why sell ~  hence my reason to sell 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Sorry for been wrong 

Yes I do understand that, but you would hold on to shares if you think profit is to made in long run 

you give me 10000 shares to keep me on board, I would not sell until they doubled/trebled at the minimum before I would sell. 

Your wage is not going to be small side, so why sell ~  hence my reason to sell 

nope that is not how most directors/svp's see things.  You make a nice profit and you move on.  People sell millions in stock in my company regularly.  They don't sell it all, but you take money off the table.

43 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Same old argument - however end users paid for this software. 

i paid for the EV sonos driver (and hardware)

i paid for the Houselogix/Holovision driver (and hardware)

i paid for that old iPhone that got left in the dust

years ago I got the 2nd ever released LTE Android phone on VZW, it was one of those top of the line models costing $400.  Within 6 months VZW decided not to upgrade it to 4.x, I was stuck on 2.x with a $400 phone, 2  year contract, and could not access apps without breaking rules and rooting it.  How do you think I felt?

I could probably keep going but I try to block out these painful memories.

Just now, eggzlot said:

i paid for the EV sonos driver (and hardware)

i paid for the Houselogix/Holovision driver (and hardware)

i paid for that old iPhone that got left in the dust

years ago I got the 2nd ever released LTE Android phone on VZW, it was one of those top of the line models costing $400.  Within 6 months VZW decided not to upgrade it to 4.x, I was stuck on 2.x with a $400 phone, 2  year contract, and could not access apps without breaking rules and rooting it.  How do you think I felt?

I could probably keep going but I try to block out these painful memories.

Not a control 4 official product 

Just now, Gary Leeds UK said:

Not a control 4 official product 

my phone comparisons were official products.  and they lost support.  My Windows 95 computer and XP computers lost support.  I paid for those OS's.  Why can't I still use them with the latest software and hardware offerings?  Why do I have to pay to upgrade?  Why?

2 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Cheers - love that ~ just having a a debating day - taking me back in time.

i will stop sorry 

did think I was winning that one 

Neck and neck. I think they will win on the stretch though.

2 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

my phone comparisons were official products.  and they lost support.  My Windows 95 computer and XP computers lost support.  I paid for those OS's.  Why can't I still use them with the latest software and hardware offerings?  Why do I have to pay to upgrade?  Why?

I think some of this is because that consumers were not informed if a product was EOL.  Microsoft is very clear about their EOL deadlines.  Since this is a forced upgrade due to security issues you have to see both sides.  Yes the PR should have been handled differently and then we could all have the time back spent on this thread.  I definitely wish this had played out differently because I still want to have faith in c4 and the direction it's going.  We need a company that fills the space between the high end and the diy boxes that are flooding the market.  I truly wish I had some of the guys on here closer to me...it would have saved me thousands on wasted spending if my system had been built properly from the beginning.  I'm still trying to not bail on this system but when things like this happen it makes me cringe to know I'm going to have to tell my wife," Well dear, I need to spend a little more on this....." 

1 minute ago, ecschnei said:

I think some of this is because that consumers were not informed if a product was EOL.  Microsoft is very clear about their EOL deadlines.  Since this is a forced upgrade due to security issues you have to see both sides.  Yes the PR should have been handled differently and then we could all have the time back spent on this thread.  I definitely wish this had played out differently because I still want to have faith in c4 and the direction it's going.  We need a company that fills the space between the high end and the diy boxes that are flooding the market.  I truly wish I had some of the guys on here closer to me...it would have saved me thousands on wasted spending if my system had been built properly from the beginning.  I'm still trying to not bail on this system but when things like this happen it makes me cringe to know I'm going to have to tell my wife," Well dear, I need to spend a little more on this....." 

do you? are you impacted by this?

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

I'd bet 100 bucks he's running Pro and is not impacted. Doesn't mean he can't empathize though :)

I've complained that c4 isn't good about EOL and wish they would improve on this point. It would actually stimulate sales and reduce support tickets and improve customer satisfaction.

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

Actually, yes.  My system went down and so I call my dealer of record and they troubleshoot and we end up re-registering my controller.  I get a bill for their time.  Don't misunderstand, the dealer should get paid for their time, but because all this stemmed from a failed rollout I do feel as though I've been impacted.  I'm currently on 2.91 so the only point that I discussed that I'm not affected by would be the forced upgrade, but I'm quite certain I'm not the only one contributing an opinion about this that has very little skin in the game...???

Just now, Pounce said:

I'd bet 100 bucks he's running Pro and is not impacted. Doesn't mean he can't empathize though :)

I've complained that c4 isn't good about EOL and wish they would improve on this point. It would actually stimulate sales and reduce support tickets and improve customer satisfaction.

No the system is not hacked , but do run 2.10.2 and fully aware of how to hack the system 

1 minute ago, Pounce said:

I've had Mitch help me out...he can attest that I am a helpless/hapless user...LOL

4 minutes ago, ecschnei said:

in a perfect world sure we got a heads up.  But I got no heads up when VZW decided not to upgrade my basically new top of the line phone.  I got no notice when Houselogix didnt support the new intercom proxy.  Things happen.  

Just now, eggzlot said:

Things happen.  

Bad things happen. We are often tech victims. I am frequently victimized, but it is mainly because I am an early adopter. I have so many products that were great, but died a miserable death. Doesn't have to be that way. It can be that way with phones for sure. Very different than a company like c4 that has a very small portfolio of products that serve mainly it's very own ecosystem. Also, c4 has many years under its belt and it's objective is to be in your home forever. In that scenario managing EOL and transitions is pretty important and strategic. I doubt they are proud of how they handle it now and would like it to improve. It's wrong for any of us to believe they operate at a high maturity level from a technology perspective. I want them to, but all signs point to maybe no. I accept that. Just don't go up in flames and leave me locked out ;)

10 minutes ago, Pounce said:

Be careful where you post your email address on the internet ;)

I like to be informed and I read everything I can find on control4.  I tend to research stuff after getting hosed by a couple of dealers.  I screwed up by not doing my research before I made my first purchase.  I've been correcting that so please don't pass judgement on me when you haven't walked in my shoes.  that is why I typically keep my mouth shut and just read posts.  Thank you for reminding my why I should stay fast to that rule.

1 minute ago, ecschnei said:

I like to be informed and I read everything I can find on control4.  I tend to research stuff after getting hosed by a couple of dealers.  I screwed up by not doing my research before I made my first purchase.  I've been correcting that so please don't pass judgement on me when you haven't walked in my shoes.  that is why I typically keep my mouth shut and just read posts.  Thank you for reminding my why I should stay fast to that rule.

No judgments at all. Just teasing. Only one way I would know, right? wink wink. 

32 minutes ago, Pounce said:

Bad things happen. We are often tech victims. I am frequently victimized, but it is mainly because I am an early adopter. I have so many products that were great, but died a miserable death. Doesn't have to be that way. It can be that way with phones for sure. Very different than a company like c4 that has a very small portfolio of products that serve mainly it's very own ecosystem. Also, c4 has many years under its belt and it's objective is to be in your home forever. In that scenario managing EOL and transitions is pretty important and strategic. I doubt they are proud of how they handle it now and would like it to improve. It's wrong for any of us to believe they operate at a high maturity level from a technology perspective. I want them to, but all signs point to maybe no. I accept that. Just don't go up in flames and leave me locked out ;)

in general I think C4 is really good with EOL.  They just decommissioned controllers that were like 10 years old.  And you can still use them as long as you do not go to 2.10.x.  

What happened with these certificates wasn't great, but its a small blip and likely impacted a very small % of installations.  Does not make it right, just need to take it all in stride.  Mistakes happen.

Archived