C4 Forums | Control4

Director is unable to authenticate Composer HE

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/19/2018 at 9:54 AM, RyanE said:

Once ComposerHE is released (hopefully today), if you run the new version of ComposerHE, it should be able to connect.

If it can not connect, your controller may have not received the certificate update.

If your controller has checked in to Control4 in the past week, and it was powered up yesterday, it should've received the certificate update.

RyanE

Any updates, Ryan?  We're all waiting with baited breath for the software release!  :)

I had hoped to hear yesterday / last night, but I'm now on PTO, and have been driving for the last 9 hours.

I think an email went out with this info to those affected, but it appears some of you are not getting the ComposerHE emails:

http://update.control4.com/patches/C4_Cert_Replacement_Patch/Composer_HE_Download_Instructions.pdf

Note: I think you may not have to do the ComposerHE patch mentioned near the end of this document, as it should have already been applied remotely.  Give it a try without, if it doesn't work, apply the patch.

If you continue to have issues, I suggest you contact Control4 as Derrick Cain suggested up-thread, with the contact method he recommended.

RyanE

On 6/18/2018 at 8:26 AM, Derrick Cain said:

I am sorry for the past week, and I understand there are people that use Composer HE more than others and every customer is important.  As Ryan said this was not intentional and our teams are working diligently to have a fix out shortly.

Please reach out to my team and allow us to help if we can (older build, information, etc.).  https://www.control4.com/company/contact-us  Make sure you select "I'm a current customer in need of support" and that will go to our team.  Even if you're not on a build that was previously mentioned, we'll see how we can assist.  Make sure the submit button turns red, if it's grayed out, it means there's some info missing.

I've spoken to a few of you over the phone as well, you can request a callback, I can assure you it does not go into the trash.

-Derrick

Derrick,

I have had this issue for almost 10 days now, i did reach out to C4 early on, i had no response...

i have waited patiently and watched the forum here for a fix...  I see now that people here are now up and running.

I do not currently have a working solution, I believe my system has not received any updated certificate push.

How do I get this "Certificate Push"  ?

I have also filled a a new ticket today, but unsure if this will also fall into a black hole as the previous support ask was ignored.

I believe I've done everything else necessary... 2.10.2 HE version, ticked box the receive C4 updates remotley in my account, etc... etc...

Help ?

Excellent - downloaded the version from the PDF RyanE posted and it is now working! 

Interestingly the HE version under customer.control4.com/software/downloads for me is still an old version that doesn't work.

Regards,

Jason

21 minutes ago, Ijl_bitsa said:

Derrick,

I have had this issue for almost 10 days now, i did reach out to C4 early on, i had no response...

i have waited patiently and watched the forum here for a fix...  I see now that people here are now up and running.

I do not currently have a working solution, I believe my system has not received any updated certificate push.

How do I get this "Certificate Push"  ?

I have also filled a a new ticket today, but unsure if this will also fall into a black hole as the previous support ask was ignored.

I believe I've done everything else necessary... 2.10.2 HE version, ticked box the receive C4 updates remotley in my account, etc... etc...

Help ?

Did you see step 13 of the above instructions?

7 minutes ago, boulderbrian said:

It was not working for me at first, because I was using the version available on the portal.  If you click the link in RyanE's instructions it will work!  Make sure to all do step 13.  After doing all of that, it now works!

Thanks!

You are CORRECT !

The version on the C4 portal is NOT the same one as the link in Ryans's PDF !!

Also, the Patch seems to be a different verson to the one on th C4 downloads !

I;m now running HE !!!  AGAIN

33 minutes ago, Don Gator said:

@RyanEAre those of us who do not have HE 2.9.1 or later going to get a FIX for our version? if not can we download the 2.10.2 and install it and buy the license?

Don,

As I'm on PTO all of this week and Monday of next week, I unfortunately can't help you and won't have the answer for your question.

Sorry.

RyanE

6 hours ago, RyanE said:

I had hoped to hear yesterday / last night, but I'm now on PTO, and have been driving for the last 9 hours.

I think an email went out with this info to those affected, but it appears some of you are not getting the ComposerHE emails:

http://update.control4.com/patches/C4_Cert_Replacement_Patch/Composer_HE_Download_Instructions.pdf

Note: I think you may not have to do the ComposerHE patch mentioned near the end of this document, as it should have already been applied remotely.  Give it a try without, if it doesn't work, apply the patch.

If you continue to have issues, I suggest you contact Control4 as Derrick Cain suggested up-thread, with the contact method he recommended.

RyanE

Ryan,

FYI..

I did not receive the email and did not require the patch. Back up and running now.

Dean

6 hours ago, RyanE said:

RyanE

Ryan - you legend. Not only are you on PTO and travelling, you got this fixed for us. Thank you. Don't ever leave Control4. And definitely ask for a payrise. You have our support.

4 hours ago, Don Gator said:

@RyanEAre those of us who do not have HE 2.9.1 or later going to get a FIX for our version? if not can we download the 2.10.2 and install it and buy the license?

Any answer from C4 ? There should be no reason to have to pay for another version.

Thank you @RyanE for this. Use this pdf he posted... http://update.control4.com/patches/C4_Cert_Replacement_Patch/Composer_HE_Download_Instructions.pdf because the correct build is still not on the website. If your system is running 2.10, download HE 2.10, otherwise it will be read only if you try to do 2.10.1 or 2.10.2.

If anyone has any issues regarding Composer HE authentication, including being on a build not in the PDF, please reach out to my team:

https://www.control4.com/company/contact-us

Select "Current Customer in need of support"

If you did this previously and did not receive an e-mail within a few minutes, that provides a case number, please try again.  We had refreshed a few things on the form for certain browsers that were not allowing for submission.

The links on the customer portal are not the same as the PDF above(in progress), so please use those.

for anyone having an issue.  I had to completely uninstall CHE from my laptop, even though I ran the patch from the pdf.  Then I ran the installs (CHE and the Patch) provided in Ryan's Document.  I'm on 2.10.1 and back working again.

Something to try...your mileage may vary.

I am trying to log in to my system remotely. It seems to be fixed now, because I get a dialog saying 'connected and authenticated' and even a note on the bottom right saying 'connected to 10.xx.xx.x.  

But then I am dumped back at the 'Local connection' dialog, facing a blank box., with no controllers listed.  I can add the name of the account, but I don't have the IP address. But then I should not need the IP address because I asked to lg in remotely and the system accepted me.

Any suggestions?  Clearly this is not the same problem as the 'authentication' issue that this thread is addressing, but I thought, while I'm here... 

4 hours ago, Noghar said:

I am trying to log in to my system remotely. It seems to be fixed now, because I get a dialog saying 'connected and authenticated' and even a note on the bottom right saying 'connected to 10.xx.xx.x.  

But then I am dumped back at the 'Local connection' dialog, facing a blank box., with no controllers listed.  I can add the name of the account, but I don't have the IP address. But then I should not need the IP address because I asked to lg in remotely and the system accepted me.

Any suggestions?  Clearly this is not the same problem as the 'authentication' issue that this thread is addressing, but I thought, while I'm here... 

Have you tried waiting 2-3 minutes and pressing refresh?

Yes.  I have tried several times.  Can I just ask, are other users working from home, ie on the same network as their Director?  Because it seems to me the Remote routine is not working.  The window (lower right) says I am connected on a local network, 10.xxx.x.xx, but when I press 'connect', it dumps me back at the 'local connection' window. Weird.514989033_Connectedto10_xx.thumb.PNG.022dc05bf4f2e0088910b3612569d22f.PNG 

*If you are currently running software from OS 2.6.0 to OS 2.9.0, you will need to contact

your dealer to update your system to at least OS 2.9.1 first, and then download the

Composer HE version that matches your new software version.

Take it these means only 2.9.1 and above can now use HE - That's a bit Harsh, do you have the same issue with PRO ?

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

*If you are currently running software from OS 2.6.0 to OS 2.9.0, you will need to contact

your dealer to update your system to at least OS 2.9.1 first, and then download the

Composer HE version that matches your new software version.

Take it these means only 2.9.1 and above can now use HE - That's a bit Harsh, do you have the same issue with PRO ?

Why are you worried about problems that don't impact you? 

Archived