C4 Forums | Control4

Director is unable to authenticate Composer HE

3 hours ago, Pounce said:

Anyone with an HE license got an email communication from C4. Are you personally impacted? Did you get the email?

End user. I DID receive the email. I am impacted.

Impacted as my system is nearly complete and I am working to finalize keypad LEDs and backlighting as well as some by-room audio/video config and converting some inconsistent dealer double click to turn pool functions, some music, etc off with single click with variable and numerous other fine tuning that my dealer is too slow and expensive and lacking attention to detail to clean up consistently or thoroughly.  None of the items left are when>>then candidates or C-ME applicable. Need my HE and only had 24hrs with it before I lost it 8+ days ago. 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TxHillCountryC4 said:

my dealer is too slow and expensive and lacking attention to detail to clean up consistently or thoroughly

Thanks for posting. I feel your pain on this point. There are some helpful and talented remote dealers around here if you ever have a need.

14 minutes ago, TxHillCountryC4 said:

End user. I DID receive the email. I am impacted.

Impacted as my system is nearly complete and I am working to finalize keypad LEDs and backlighting as well as some by-room audio/video config and converting some inconsistent dealer double click to turn pool functions, some music, etc off with single click with variable and numerous other fine tuning that my dealer is too slow and expensive and lacking attention to detail to clean up consistently or thoroughly.  None of the items left are when>>then candidates or C-ME applicable. Need my HE and only had 24hrs with it before I lost it 8+ days ago. 

It sounds like they are getting close to a fix and this is the first time we've had this kind of issue.  As an avid Composer HE user (I've integrated Google Home, my SmarterThings locks and my MyQ Garage as well as my security system using IFTTT, SmarterThings, Lutron Caseta, etc) I can vouch for the fact that once you get HE working again, there's a lot of fun customizations you'll be able to do that go well beyond most low-end consumer systems.  Try not to be discouraged by this glitch as it's quite unusual and my hunch is that Control4 won't get bitten by this bug again.

On 6/18/2018 at 3:22 PM, RyanE said:

ComposerME (Media Edition) will allow you to scan, and continues to work without the issue.

RyanE

Thanks Ryan!  I had used that until I got the HE license so downloaded it and works great!  Only wish is was update to a more modern motif (playlists don't show counts and are not sortable, etc) but you can't have it all!

End user, no email. ComposerHE 2.10. Have downloaded and run the May 2018 Security Patch Update referred to in Software/Downloads, but still fails to authenticate.

Director last checked in Jun 19, 2018 05:48 PM according to the C4 customer portal - I guess this was 20 hours ago since it does not state time zone. I'll try again after the next checkin.

Cheers, djc

6 minutes ago, compuaid said:

This must be one heck of a bug to work around.  You know they've got a team trying to figure it out.  Here's an idea - just give us all copies of Composer Pro since it works!  :)

I would appreciate that solution even if its a crippled Pro version

9 minutes ago, compuaid said:

This must be one heck of a bug to work around.  You know they've got a team trying to figure it out.  Here's an idea - just give us all copies of Composer Pro since it works!  :)

It will happen one day.

Hints: Blackberry, Nokia, and Kodak 😉

This thread has gotten beyond stupid already.  I appreciate the problem and understand peoples frustration.  RyanE is really the ONLY person adding anything useful to the conversation.  Everyone is just complaining.

And please feel free to down vote me, I don't care.

7 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

This thread has gotten beyond stupid already.  I appreciate the problem and understand peoples frustration.  RyanE is really the ONLY person adding anything useful to the conversation.  Everyone is just complaining.

And please feel free to down vote me, I don't care.

Sounds like you're complaining! ;)

Thank you for the info re Composer ME--at this juncture that was my problem. I got the email.  (2.9.052... dtd 8/26/2016)

You noted the availability of responsive on-line dealers--could someone provide a list or recommendations?  I could sorely use such help.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:45 AM, mkaiseraz said:

Not to excuse C4, but some of you may not be aware of the When >> Then functionality recently added to the portal at https://customer.control4.com/. You can use it to add simple conditional processing to your system without requiring Composer HE.

Mike

Doesn’t  it require to be on 2.10??

what about us in 2.9??

16 minutes ago, Bullseye said:

Doesn’t  it require to be on 2.10??

what about us in 2.9??

When-Then requires 2.10 but it's EXTREMELY limited in what it can do for you and you can't edit things you did in Composer.

5 hours ago, PeterLL said:

Thank you for the info re Composer ME--at this juncture that was my problem. I got the email.  (2.9.052... dtd 8/26/2016)

You noted the availability of responsive on-line dealers--could someone provide a list or recommendations?  I could sorely use such help.

I'm available to help remotely upon request

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

yes

This is a simple trigger that I created in HE, this is what I get when I try to edit it in When>>Then.

You can only view it and test it on the portal.

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.52.57 PM.png

Archived