C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone else had Intercom Anywhere stop working?

wnpublic

Happened to me.  Haven't changed anything in the system, but the app will no longer receive calls from DS2 door station or any of the touch screens.  Oddly, I can use the app to call in, and connect, but I'm no longer being notified when the DS2 is rung, and the touch screens cannot call the app.  Anyone else experience this?

Will

5 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

We have had a few issues - Go into the App and Reset  Gateway - That sorts everything out for us - We updated to 2.10.4 on Monday - Still having the odd issues. 

We also have the App Crashing and getting error messages.

That did it - thanks.

11 hours ago, Shivam Paw said:

My intercom anywhere doesn’t respect if I switch my iPhones ringer off. You can imagine how I felt when my phone goes off in college in the first lesson of the year and my answer to who it is, is “the gate”

:( 

@RyanE

I set my Intercom Anywhere ring tone to silent (or vibrate or something like that) for just this reason!

On 9/12/2018 at 10:25 AM, Shivam Paw said:

My intercom anywhere doesn’t respect if I switch my iPhones ringer off. You can imagine how I felt when my phone goes off in college in the first lesson of the year and my answer to who it is, is “the gate”

Sorry.  I can imagine it, but when I went to college, cell phones were a bit bigger...

:)

RyanE

My DS2 runs on PoE (my dealer is in love with PoE), but it's hit or miss whether it plays the announcement in my rooms and the video feed to my 7" touchscreen looks blurry like it's 120 degrees outside and humid.  My my touchscreen, hitting the security icon goes to a black screen which never shows video from the doorbell.

All in all everything PoE in my house has been a failure.  Even the non-dealer installed video camera tha'ts PoE is iffy.  

For the record I do have a PoE router in my rack but I'm suspect it's really working well.

I love wired, but I'd rather have power from an outlet or batteries.

1 minute ago, Destroyer of Worlds said:

My DS2 runs on PoE (my dealer is in love with PoE), but it's hit or miss whether it plays the announcement in my rooms and the video feed to my 7" touchscreen looks blurry like it's 120 degrees outside and humid.  My my touchscreen, hitting the security icon goes to a black screen which never shows video from the doorbell.

All in all everything PoE in my house has been a failure.  Even the non-dealer installed video camera tha'ts PoE is iffy.  

For the record I do have a PoE router in my rack but I'm suspect it's really working well.

I love wired, but I'd rather have power from an outlet or batteries.

what PoE switch are you using?  what kind of cables?

31 minutes ago, Destroyer of Worlds said:

Araknis AN-210; cables are all Cat6 as I wanted future proof out to 10 years, so capable of 10G.

i dont want to steer this thread too far off topic.  I dont really know Araknis and I am not a networking expert.  But most PoE switches can only give out so much power.  If your dealer loves PoE devices and you have too many devices for 1 switch you could be hurting yourself in that regard.  Just one quick thought.  a bunch of cameras, a bunch of touchscreens, some PoE controllers (Hc250, etc), the doorstation, it all adds up.

• 3 weeks later...

I just went into the settings in Composer HE for my system.  Specifically the Control4 DS2 Door Station and the DS2 Camera.

Dealer never asked me about missed calls so I put my gmail account including SMTP and did a test and got a snapshot.  Fantastic.

But for the video never working here's what the tests say from Properties view, Camera Test tab:

Get Snapshot URL:

Testing Snapshot ...
Verifying address ...
Address verified.
Verifying address:port ...
Address:port verified.
Verifying URL ...
URL verified.
Test passed.

Get Mjpeg URL:

Testing Mjpeg ...
Verifying address ...
Address verified.
Verifying address:port ...
Address:port verified.
Verifying URL ...
URL not verified: Failed to open video stream: Unable to load DLL 'C4ImageStreamer.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Test failed.

Get H.264 URL:

[same as Mjpeg result]

So that likely explains the lack of video.

Now one correction to my earlier post: I had Cat6 enhanced wired throughout which is capable of 10G.

Archived