C4 Forums | Control4

Is there any 230V fan regulator compatible with Control4?

Could try a wireless dimmer puck. That is what has been recommended to me and I have installed and just waiting to have the can installed. Only downside is it's a light proxy so have a light rather than a fan icon etc.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, enzeder said:

Could try a wireless dimmer puck. That is what has been recommended to me and I have installed and just waiting to have the can installed. Only downside is it's a light proxy so have a light rather than a fan icon etc.

Does the fan speed vary according to the dimmer or are there preset speeds that you can program (off, low, med, high, etc.)?

On 12/5/2019 at 11:22 AM, enzeder said:

Now, I'll state I'm not familiar with the puck as such, however one in general should never dim a motor.....

I cant talk to specifics of the fan either but in this case the installer of the fan had suggested putting it on a manual dimmer (I originally just assumed it would be an on / off function) but but I also wanted it incorporated in C4 and spoke to the C4 dealer and they said in same situation they had successfully used these wireless pucks.

I suspect in reality its going to largely be on / off but we shall see.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 11:52 PM, enzeder said:

Hi @enzeder

We shouldn't dim a motor. Could you please share a wiring a diagram ?

4 hours ago, Amr said:

Yes, go with bond much cheaper and way better with Chomain Driver, I replaced my MultiX with bond and couldn’t be happier.

Hi @Amr,

How would the menu look like with the chowmain driver? Will it be similar to a menu like tv remote or a fan icon? Will I be able to control the fan speed by sliding a bar. I appreciate if you could share an image of the navigator for me to get an idea.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Amr & @Gary Leeds UK

I need to use the below ceiling fan for a project.

https://www.hunterfan.com/ceiling-fans/casablanca-stealth-dc-with-led-light-54-inch-fam756?bvnotificationId=70ff3813-3e19-11ea-b994-12f0dbf8d8ed&bvmessageType=QUESTION_ANSWERED&bvrecipientDomain=liveez.lk#answer%2F1674789

It is a casablanca DC Stealth fan coming with 4 wires. I thought of using a C4-SW240-WH switch to connect the motor line & the light bulb. So with the bond bridge, i hope ill be able to dim the light and control the speed of the fan. If i dim the light or control the speed using the c4 app or the remote which comes with the fan, will it cause any voltage variation at the c4 wall switch?

This question may sound stupid but I was just wondering whether it's safe to connect the AC driven DC motor to this wall switch?

I have read the datasheet of the switch and I know that it supports AC motors. Here I'll be using the switch to cut or provide power to the ceiling fan motor and the light. Then at the same time I need to control the speed of the fan and the brightness of the bulb using the c4 app.

Please advise.

Thank You.

13 hours ago, Amr said:

Hi Dinushan, why the need for a switch at all? Any reason for that? Just use Bond to program all your commands from the Casablanca Remote and you can do whatever with C4 App.

Bond is only available in the states and he Has requested 230v so my guessing is he’s outside of the US

3 hours ago, tdougray said:

Bond is only available in the states and he Has requested 230v so my guessing is he’s outside of the US

I bought Bond from Amazon which ship in so many countries, also Ship&Shop is another alternative to acquire the devices.

On 2/25/2020 at 2:40 AM, Amr said:

Hi Dinushan, why the need for a switch at all? Any reason for that? Just use Bond to program all your commands from the Casablanca Remote and you can do whatever with C4 App.

Hi Amr, 

Just felt like using one to cut down and supply power. Anyway I bought the Bond Bridge and it works great! The switch would reboot the fan, so I decided to get rid of it. 

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.