C4 Forums | Control4

Discord Server Up!

3 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

Wouldn't this dilute the quantity and archiving of comments on this forum?   Just curious.

I just figured it would be nice to have another area for more real time chatting between control4 enthusiasts and automators out there :)

58 minutes ago, chita79 said:

its not a competition... just helpful to have another avenue that has a mobile app and real time responses ON TOP of online forums... 

Sounds like a competition when you start another forum... then post on a competing forum to get members.

You can use an app with this forum.

1 minute ago, Pounce said:

Sounds like a competition when you start another forum... then post on a competing forum to get members.

You can use an app with this forum.

My apologies if that’s what it seems like to you... not what it is but ok. People can use whatever communication method they want. Choice is great.... yeah, you can use an app with this forum... still not the same experience. Either way... got your point. Thanks 

1 minute ago, chita79 said:

My apologies if that’s what it seems like to you... not what it is but ok. People can use whatever communication method they want. Choice is great.... yeah, you can use an app with this forum... still not the same experience. Either way... got your point. Thanks 

My problem is that you posted on this forum. I have no issues with anyone trying to create their own community, but advertising it here was unethical and you should remove the links.

1 hour ago, Pounce said:

My problem is that you posted on this forum. I have no issues with anyone trying to create their own community, but advertising it here was unethical and you should remove the links.

Really?  You're being a bit obstreperous, no? 

I have nothing to do with the OP but I don't think you can call a Discord CHAT a competitor to a forum... They are two very different platforms with one being a live chat room for all intent and purpose.  Many other forums I'm on have both, because again they are very different and used for different reasons. 

Now will a discord channel take off? No clue, my guess is no but again not even close to a competition.  

6 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

Maybe read the definition of Obstreperous, its not an insult or meant for shame.  Your were being a bit unreasonable with the OP. 

So... I learned 2 things from his thread:

1. A new word to describe my kids - obstreperous (I had to google search the meaning); and,

2. Discord chat - doesnt sound very exciting to me... but I am probably showing my age as I had to do a google search to find what this is!

I'm sure the OP has all good intentions and appreciate the initiative :) but i do think part of the forum that is really helpful is the ability to search through archives of solutions to help folks out.   If those solutions move to verbal chat rooms they are lost forever beyond that moment.   Pounce is just pointing out normal forum etiquette that whenever you go on another forum you don't go on and recruit members to another medium.   Like I said, I'm sure with all good intent but his point is valid imho.

1 minute ago, South Africa C4 user said:

1. A new word to describe my kids - obstreperous (I had to google search the meaning); and,

2. Discord chat - doesnt sound very exciting to me... but I am probably showing my age as I had to do a google search to find what this is!

HA!

2 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

lol i learned also what obstreperous is :)   but seems a lot easier just to say a bit unreasonable :)

19 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

As happens every so often on forums.... I'll slink back into the shadows because this is another one of those threads that doesn't have a good answer and can quickly become toxic...

Peace!

smart move :) as am I..... sorry to break any forum etiquette . Definitely not my intention, I love using chat servers as a resource on top of forums and I thought others may want too as well. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.