C4 Forums | Control4

Really great deal on TP-Link switches

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HGW8N7R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

an extra 15% off coupon and an extra 15% reward using the Amazon CC.

Crazy really!  Picked up a 3 pack for some non-critical areas that don't have integration yet.

These work super with the Chowmain driver - I have set these up many times.....solid.

Are these switches programmable with the Chowmain driver? Thinking about some utility areas where we don’t need the expense of C4 switches like a laundry room motion with timer and a basement where we have a three way at the top and bottom of the stairs and only a bottom stair light for the rest of the basement. Would be nice to just use the switch at the top of the stairs to turn off the bottom stair switch too.

Thanks for posting!

TP Link are a great budget alternative.  One thing that I don't like is that over wi-fi there is a delay on updating status while the polling happens.  Can be a bit confusing if you are looking at the on/off/light level status and it takes 20 seconds to update.

1 minute ago, OceanDad said:

TP Link are a great budget alternative.  One thing that I don't like is that over wi-fi there is a delay on updating status while the polling happens.  Can be a bit confusing if you are looking at the on/off/light level status and it takes 20 seconds to update.

This is where going to the options that support MQTT have an advantage.

5 minutes ago, OceanDad said:

yeah, for the areas I am using them for, not something I can complain about.  Literally for $13 each there has to be tradeoffs!  I wouldn't do a whole house of em...

10 hours ago, msgreenf said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HGW8N7R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

an extra 15% off coupon and an extra 15% reward using the Amazon CC.

Crazy really!  Picked up a 3 pack for some non-critical areas that don't have integration yet.

These work super with the Chowmain driver - I have set these up many times.....solid.

I bought some,  thanks for the tip.   

Got my switches in today.  They look good but have a funky rocker that basically looks like a rocker switch but you have to press the bottom of it for both on and off like a clicker.     Will take some getting use to!

4 hours ago, ejn1 said:

Got my switches in today.  They look good but have a funky rocker that basically looks like a rocker switch but you have to press the bottom of it for both on and off like a clicker.     Will take some getting use to!

Yea, that's why I mention up thread that you want to try them out before buying a lot. Its the clicky that bugs people. Some also make a really disappointing hollow sound when they click because the entire case is plastic.  That why people like using Shelly pucks with mechanical switches. You get all the good switch choices backed by smart control. There are good drivers for Shelly now if you want to go down that path as another choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say after living with these for a week I am very happy. Of course they are not my main lighting they are in banks that are just less important and less often used but they work superbly they integrate with advanced lighting scenes and I've got no complaints. In fact I may pick up a few more.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.