C4 Forums | Control4

Customising the UI - neeo remote

So still very new to C4 coming from a Crestron background of 22 years.

Is there a way to customise what buttons are displayed on the UI. Obviously coming from Crestron we have VT-Pro for this.

It looks like the UI is kinda backed in on C4. Is this the case?

I'd like to remove all the superfluous buttons on Apple TV and Sky.

Any way to customise the UI and if so how?

Cheers

-s

22 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

On the Neeo, I have used 6 experience buttons and have them working for all my sources.  This works well for me and I don’t use the proxy control at  all on the Neeo.

Screen shot?

If I recall, when you add the experience buttons, an extra page is created.

I tried this as an experiment, but was not what I wanted in this instance.

I was just asked by my manager if it was possible to get rid of all the clutter when Apple TV or Sky is selected.

1 minute ago, slip.cougan said:

If I recall, when you add the experience buttons, an extra page is created.

I tried this as an experiment, but was not what I wanted in this instance.

I was just asked by my manager if it was possible to get rid of all the clutter when Apple TV or Sky is selected.

I have one line of code which “returns home” when the video source changes.  As a result, the above screenshot appears for each and every one of my video sources… I could make this more complicated and use different buttons for different sources but I don’t have a need,

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

control4 works on the concept of Proxy's and they control the transport buttons that are shown.  There is no way to customize this

The new Roku driver introduced the ability to customize the transport buttons on the navigator.   I believe this has been extended to the neeo as well. Instead of saying "cancel" you can change it in the XML to say "back".  Other than that, there isn't much else you can change. 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:10 AM, slip.cougan said:

So still very new to C4 coming from a Crestron background of 22 years.

Is there a way to customise what buttons are displayed on the UI. Obviously coming from Crestron we have VT-Pro for this.

It looks like the UI is kinda backed in on C4. Is this the case?

I'd like to remove all the superfluous buttons on Apple TV and Sky.

Any way to customise the UI and if so how?

Cheers

-s

On 4/20/2022 at 7:15 AM, msgreenf said:

control4 works on the concept of Proxy's and they control the transport buttons that are shown.  There is no way to customize this

To add, this is intentional. For better or worse/agree or not, the idea is that consistency is more important than custom interfaces for every device. As such there's a limited number of proxies, and each proxy has a standard layout defined. The newer media proxy allows some configuration (see the mentioned AppleTV interface change) but that is not readily available for dealers to change (let alone the end user) - possibly some of it at least is available as a driver developer, not sure there.

• 7 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 12:08 AM, Cyknight said:

To add, this is intentional. For better or worse/agree or not, the idea is that consistency is more important than custom interfaces for every device. As such there's a limited number of proxies, and each proxy has a standard layout defined. The newer media proxy allows some configuration (see the mentioned AppleTV interface change) but that is not readily available for dealers to change (let alone the end user) - possibly some of it at least is available as a driver developer, not sure there.

If only there was a way to have this customization for touch screens and not just the Neeo.  I don't like the Neeo remote and instead use SR260's and T3's/T4's and have been struggling with several of the remotes for my system as a lot of them have too many excess buttons and some of them have missing buttons.

To be able to customize this would be just awesome.

Why can this be done for the Neeo but not a touchscreen navigator?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.