C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Announces Core Light - Halo Touch Bundle

Note, OSD is 1080p only, not 4K
And no Audio out (beyond HDMI)

But yes it would be an easy replacement for local controllers for a few devices and do OSD.

Note that as of my last check at least, Core Light is ONLY sold WITH a remote (SR 260, Neeo or Halo Tactile/Touch)

The lower computing power is a non-issue if it's not running a system, still plenty to do OSD, IR/serial and be a ZigBee server in a larger system.

5 hours ago, therockhr said:

Is the core lite limited to 1 room in composer or is it just a suggestion?

It doesn't allow adding more controllers. Will it allow you to add more than one room - yes it will. Should you add more than one room beyond the function of a double room for audio options (TV vs surround vs headphones), maybe use a Zone2 out on a receiver or a few lights? No you really shouldn't.

44 minutes ago, DawnGordon said:

Yes. But it will be fine for single room use. It’s designed to run an AV system, TV, or a theater - not a house.

Correct. There were complaints that core 1 was too expensive for osd. Enter core lite. 

3 hours ago, DawnGordon said:

Yes. But it will be fine for single room use. It’s designed to run an AV system, TV, or a theater - not a house.

Ok thanks. Surprised it is less powerful than an ea-1 since it is new but if they are really trying to keep it to one room then that makes sense. I ask because I see lots of people think you have to had to have an ea-3 or ea-5 for a whole home (when they were the latest controllers) when depending on what existing audio and other third party decides you had an ea-1 would have been plenty. Right now I have an ea-1 acting as my main controller and an ea-3 being used for audio only. Will probably switch the ea-1 for a CORE 1 and the ea-3 for a Sonos port when the time comes I have to upgrade. 

1 minute ago, therockhr said:

Ok thanks. Surprised it is less powerful than an ea-1 since it is new but if they are really trying to keep it to one room then that makes sense. I ask because I see lots of people think you have to had to have an ea-3 or ea-5 for a whole home (when they were the latest controllers) when depending on what existing audio and other third party decides you had an ea-1 would have been plenty. Right now I have an ea-1 acting as my main controller and an ea-3 being used for audio only. Will probably switch the ea-1 for a CORE 1 and the ea-3 for a Sonos port when the time comes I have to upgrade. 

You should switch your director to EA3. You will see a performance improvement...ea1 really shouldn't be director in a multi room system 

38 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

You should switch your director to EA3. You will see a performance improvement...ea1 really shouldn't be director in a multi room system 

I always thought that the EA1 and EA3 had the same CPU and Ram specs?

2 hours ago, Alt said:

I always thought that the EA1 and EA3 had the same CPU and Ram specs?

They do, they are identical.  Moving to an EA3 from an EA1 will have zero performance improvements. 

I'm currently running an office that has 3 x T4 touch panels, Cameras, and alarms all on a CA-1

33 minutes ago, DanITman said:

They do, they are identical.  Moving to an EA3 from an EA1 will have zero performance improvements. 

I'm currently running an office that has 3 x T4 touch panels, Cameras, and alarms all on a CA-1

going from a CA-1 to a Core you will see a big improvement in touchscreen perormance

IMHO ZigBee performance and cooling 

It’s been my understanding that the zigbee radios are identical in the EA series and actually better (or capable of being less constricted) in the Core series. But all in all identical for each model per series. That said, zigbee devices are very likely to have programming code written against them, so the additional processing power as you move up would benefit the programming execution. Does anyone have the comparison chart handy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, DawnGordon said:

Absolutely.

There are no differences in computing power between the EA-1 and the EA-3. They are the same. There is no technical basis for saying i would see an improvement moving director to the EA-3.

3 hours ago, therockhr said:

There are no differences in computing power between the EA-1 and the EA-3. They are the same. There is no technical basis for saying i would see an improvement moving director to the EA-3.

Oh, there won't be any speed improvement, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.

So you've got that going for you ... which is nice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.