C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

3 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

can you send a screen shot of "directories > users > 1" tab/page from the doorstation?

I had to do nothing with DNS or my router.  not sure you need to touch those things

if it works at home, did you put your cell on mobile data and try it?

SIP phone number 1 is now: sip:Gate@10.0.1.5/e

This is a calling group that is on the C4 directory. It calls the T3 and my phone which is set up using the universal SIP driver.

When using my mobile data the bria app won't connect.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

SIP phone number 1 is now: sip:Gate@10.0.1.5/e

This is a calling group that is on the C4 directory. It calls the T3 and my phone which is set up using the universal SIP driver.

When using my mobile data the bria app won't connect.

i keep asking for screen shots, it is too hard for me to follow with type over various posts.

SIP 1 - 10.0.1.5 is that your controller?

So "Gate" is likely a call distribution list set up in Composer to call a certain grouping of C4 touchscreens, correct?

SIP 2 - that should be a SIP Phone #, not Sip:{Name}@Controller_IP/x

also /e is for everything.  if that is your C4 controller, the / can be /1 or /2 to match up to the SIP account.  for me the 2nd SIP account is C4, so I have sip:DoorRing@10.x.x.x/2

1 hour ago, Mjhill1234 said:

Slightly different note but on topic (I think) is it safe to assume this intercom anywhere app will not work with a DS1 or maybe intercom anywhere will work with any intercom endpoint/screen?  :huh:

A very good question.

I would HOPE it works with any endpoint (as in also works with Doorbird, other current doorstation options). I would ASSUME that initially the focus will be DS2 only, with others being up for grabs until we learn more.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:41 PM, eggzlot said:

i keep asking for screen shots, it is too hard for me to follow with type over various posts.

SIP 1 - 10.0.1.5 is that your controller?

So "Gate" is likely a call distribution list set up in Composer to call a certain grouping of C4 touchscreens, correct?

SIP 2 - that should be a SIP Phone #, not Sip:{Name}@Controller_IP/x

also /e is for everything.  if that is your C4 controller, the / can be /1 or /2 to match up to the SIP account.  for me the 2nd SIP account is C4, so I have sip:DoorRing@10.x.x.x/2

SIP 1 & SIP 2 get auto filled in the web interface when you choose a call group via Composer.

In composer -> agents -> communication there is a Group called Gate.

IQdCzUo.png

On the DS2 driver properties I have set the Call Group to be Gate.

3MBqmqP.png

This automatically makes the web interface User 1, number 1 & 2 the following:

G1aLDUy.png

The Hallway intercom is a T3 screen. The Intercom that is in shivam's room is the universal SIP driver:

8N5jmZg.jpg

I log into the Bria app using those credentials and this all works. I have now changed the password & username though :) 

This all works locally. Bria doesn't work in the background right now though. So if I have the Bria app open, and someone presses the gate button, the T3 will ring and so will my phone. I can then pick up and answer and speak via the T3 or the Bria app on my phone.

However, I can't get this working remotely because in Bria I have to enter the Directors IP address - 10.0.1.5 which obviously won't connect remotely. And I am unsure how to get it working remotely. Anyone got any ideas? :) 

Thanks!

they are both calling 10.x.x.x so yes you need to be on a local network or have VPN running to make it work.

my Number 2 is a SIP #. in the 2n mobile platform (Bria for you) you need to get a SIP # that will call various devices.  My cell phone has a SIP Phone #, my wife's has a SIP Phone #, then we have a 3rd SIP Phone # that calls both cell phones at the same time (like a distribution list).

That is what you put into "Number 2".  A Real SIP #, not a 10.x.x.x SIP local IP address.

So for me SIP account 1 is the external SIP service, SIP account 2 is my control4 controller.

Notice under "Number 2" the phone # is not sip:IP address....it is 432xxxxx/1 

the 432xxxx is an actual SIP distribution # I got from 2n (you can likely get it from Bria I suppose?) and the /1 is because it is my 1st sip account (c4 is the 2nd sip account - so at the end of sip:DoorRing@10.13.1.10 there is a /2 so it reads sip:DoorRing@10.13.1.10/2 - the /2 is because its the 2nd registered SIP account

i gave a screen shot from the My 2N site too so you can see i created a distribution list called "cell" and notice it starts with 432 - that is the same # that is in the "Number 2" phone number field.  that 432 # you can see will call JessCell and EricCell (in another screen each cell has been registered and they have their own SIP phone number too)

5ad50b1948c56_ScreenShot2018-04-12at7_44_11PM.thumb.png.c0f77862ac901e8ab7051ff649df7fc9.png5ad50b1127c1a_ScreenShot2018-04-12at7_41_00PM.thumb.png.7a025a586541204c3eb4255b0de54d62.png

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nevets23 said:

...it would be great if C4 could figure this out sometime this century. Lol, come on c4. At least give your loyal customer base an update...

Done.

I guarantee it will be released sometime this century.

:)

RyanE

Wow thanks for the update ~ you may think it’s funny we think it’s a farce 

I for one am glad they’re taking the time to do it right. A year from now when they’re able to rapidly expand on top of the foundations they’re building now, we’ll all be feeling bight and shiny.

42 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

I would like a update ~ Simple 

I'd like to know when Sonos is going to update their API/partnerships with the custom install channel.  I'd like to know when Kwikset is going to release a new lock.  I'd like to know when Amazon is going to release a new streaming stick.  And I am still waiting to see when Blackberry is going to release more hardware :)

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

I'd like to know when Sonos is going to update their API/partnerships with the custom install channel.  I'd like to know when Kwikset is going to release a new lock.  I'd like to know when Amazon is going to release a new streaming stick.  And I am still waiting to see when Blackberry is going to release more hardware :)

And when the Apple TV comes out - you know, the actual 'monitor', and when the Trump presidential memoirs come out - and Stormy Daniels (well no I don't really care for those but...) oh and what the 100 years Ferrari model will look like!

Simple. AND a farce.

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

And when the Apple TV comes out - you know, the actual 'monitor', and when the Trump presidential memoirs come out - and Stormy Daniels (well no I don't really care for those but...) oh and what the 100 years Ferrari model will look like!

Simple. AND a farce.

Speaking of Apple didn’t they announce HomeKit but nothing was released for a long time?  And they were dark on info?  Maybe even the same with the HomePod 

2 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

Speaking of Apple didn’t they announce HomeKit but nothing was released for a long time?  And they were dark on info?  Maybe even the same with the HomePod 

HomeWhatNow is due for release at the net Snapple Convention

On 5/10/2018 at 6:40 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

Back to beach and chase my dealer on Monday 😜

There is a current post on the Control4 Dealer forums asking for updates, and nothing has been said on there short of "It will be ready when it's ready". Anything your dealer can tell you on Monday above this would be pure speculation I'm afraid, unless they happen to make an official announcement between now and then.

Archived