C4 Forums | Control4

2021 Samsung Frame

20 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Well I was wrong, at least not all new ones have drivers - and nope, old drivers don't work. good times

what was the models that you installed with the drivers. going to install a 55 and 75 inch this weekend 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2020 Frame TV that is acting up. Been in my project since last June and worked great.  There was a firmware update the other day and since then it won't turn off using C4.  It turns on and functions great, while on, it just won't turn off with C4.  Have to use factory remote to turn the damn thing off.  We re-paired it today and that didn't fix it. 

Any tips on how to address this?  Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to control the turning on and off of the “Art Mode” in the Frame TV when powered off?

Trying to do the following:

1. Watching TV - TV is on, play sources normally.

2. Someone in the room, but not sleeping or watching TV - enable Samsung “Art Mode” (to show art work and make it look like a couture frame). This can be done by programming that when at least one light in the room is on or the shades are open, enable “Art Mode” on the TV. 

3. Someone is sleeping in the room - truly turn off the TV. If all lights are off and the curtain is closed, it likely means someone in the room is sleeping. 

The problem is that once the “Art Mode” is enabled on the TV, it doesn’t differentiate between cases 2 and 3. So if there’s a way to enable and disable the “Art Mode”, it would solve the problem. 

10 hours ago, ashwinmj said:

The problem is that once the “Art Mode” is enabled on the TV, it doesn’t differentiate between cases 2 and 3. So if there’s a way to enable and disable the “Art Mode”, it would solve the problem. 

you can use custom programming to achieve this. 

for instance,

IF its Day time 

When Room is turned off Display Art Mode 

IF its Night Time 

When Room is turned off Turn TV off. 

make sure you're using art mode with app.  

Thanks

Muj

1 minute ago, ashwinmj said:

Thanks @mujtaba.khokhar. Under the programming, how do I enable and disable Art Mode? I don't see those options there. 

Do you mean the action "On Power Off"?

You’ll need to create 2 schedules a day time and night time. And then add the property in there. 

for the action you’ll need to art view app in composer too. 

You might need a dealer to add the art view driver in composer if you don’t have it there already. 

Thanks 

Muj 

Thanks @mujtaba.khokhar. The art mode driver has luckily already been installed. If I’m understanding it right, do you mean that I just turn on the room using the art mode mini app during the day when the room goes off, and don’t do anything at night when the room goes off? Or Inder programming is there a specific command to enable/disable art mode? 

@mujtaba.khokhar I’m not sure the driver is working the way it’s supposed to for me. When I set “on power off” to turn the TV off or to Art Mode without app, they both work fine. But when I set it to Art mode with app, room off doesn’t do anything at all. The TV stays on the same input as when it was on, and C4 shows room off just like other rooms with the Frame. Any thoughts on how to fix this? 

On 10/11/2021 at 12:17 AM, ashwinmj said:

Thanks @mujtaba.khokhar. The art mode driver has luckily already been installed. If I’m understanding it right, do you mean that I just turn on the room using the art mode mini app during the day when the room goes off, and don’t do anything at night when the room goes off? Or Inder programming is there a specific command to enable/disable art mode? 

There is a specific command to disable and enable art mode, this is what you want to tie into your schedule.

8 hours ago, ashwinmj said:

@mujtaba.khokhar I’m not sure the driver is working the way it’s supposed to for me. When I set “on power off” to turn the TV off or to Art Mode without app, they both work fine. But when I set it to Art mode with app, room off doesn’t do anything at all. The TV stays on the same input as when it was on, and C4 shows room off just like other rooms with the Frame. Any thoughts on how to fix this? 

Sounds like your art mode app is not connected to the tv… 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.