C4 Forums | Control4

Doorbird Experiences

ejn1

29 minutes ago, casperspooks said:

How was it found out to be stolen?

Sent from my Note-4 using Tapatalk

I wasn't getting push notifications on my phone when I reached out to doorbird and gave them the MAC address and ip they emailed me back and said there is nothing they can do as the device has been stolen. They told me to return it where I got it and have the seller call the police if need be. 

• 8 months later...

I have two Doorbirds, and I can say that the concept is a great one, but their implementation really sucks.  The Doorbird app is often unresponsive and slow. When someone presses the button on the Doorbird intercom, it often takes far too long for the video feed to load, and opening is not always guaranteed to work. Our Doorbird is connected via ethernet cable to a router with a 100GB fibre connection, so it has to be the Doorbird servers. I've also seen situations where the Doorbird stations actually disappear for 5 minutes at a time for no apparent reason. The Doorbird support team is pretty much useless so you're on your own. Ultimately, the Doorbird system is a great concept, but is plagued by poor reliability and poor support.

I've been pretty disappointed with the Doorbird so far. The app is okay, although I have had issues where they're gone before I get the notification - usually when I'm out of the house. However, the biggest disappointment is how unreliable it's been with the touchscreens. For a while, when initially set up, when you pressed the button, the touchscreens would ring and show up video right away. However, it was less than a day before this stopped working. Eventually, my installer got it working again, but it also stopped working again the same day. Currently, it almost never works. Not sure if it's the driver or something else, but the doorbird is hard wired and seems to be setup properly in C4.

6 hours ago, slevittmd said:

I've been pretty disappointed with the Doorbird so far. The app is okay, although I have had issues where they're gone before I get the notification - usually when I'm out of the house. However, the biggest disappointment is how unreliable it's been with the touchscreens. For a while, when initially set up, when you pressed the button, the touchscreens would ring and show up video right away. However, it was less than a day before this stopped working. Eventually, my installer got it working again, but it also stopped working again the same day. Currently, it almost never works. Not sure if it's the driver or something else, but the doorbird is hard wired and seems to be setup properly in C4.

Which driver are you using?

Yes it will. We have at on a couple of jobs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well that’s good to know. Any downsides of the annex driver? The driver I have, when it works, automatically rings on the T3 screens, brings up a live video feed, and allows me to speak to whoever is at the door through the T3 screens. Is this any different than how annex works? Do you know the cost of the driver, or if there is a free trial? Not very happy with the current driver I’m using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that’s good to know. Any downsides of the annex driver? The driver I have, when it works, automatically rings on the T3 screens, brings up a live video feed, and allows me to speak to whoever is at the door through the T3 screens. Is this any different than how annex works? Do you know the cost of the driver, or if there is a free trial? Not very happy with the current driver I’m using.

It's free. No down sides. So far has worked well for us. Not sure if the differences but I haven't found any drawbacks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, slevittmd said:

I've used both and they both appear almost identical aside from one being free :)

• 6 months later...

Hi Everyone,

We just released a new version of the DoorBird driver (now lovingly called DoorBirdv2).  It's a complete rewrite of the original and contains TONS and TONS of new and improved features and updates.  I would highly recommend checking it out:

https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/camera-intercom/doorbirdv2/

All existing licenses will work with and is also compatible with the new/updated DoorBird API.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cinegration said:

Hi Everyone,

We just released a new version of the DoorBird driver (now lovingly called DoorBirdv2).  It's a complete rewrite of the original and contains TONS and TONS of new and improved features and updates.  I would highly recommend checking it out:

https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/camera-intercom/doorbirdv2/

All existing licenses will work with and is also compatible with the new/updated DoorBird API.

Thanks!

It was your Doorbird driver that was previously on HouseLogix, right? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Doorbird had been nothing but issues since 1st install.  Now all of the sudden the Doorbird does not ring in the hose.  I believe I have the Doorstation driver and the announcement does show the doorbell.wav file to announce throughout the house speakers.  I've checked everything I can think of, any of you have any ideas?

20 hours ago, rdprx5 said:

Doorbird had been nothing but issues since 1st install.  Now all of the sudden the Doorbird does not ring in the hose.  I believe I have the Doorstation driver and the announcement does show the doorbell.wav file to announce throughout the house speakers.  I've checked everything I can think of, any of you have any ideas?

Same here, driver is not stable. I have three T3 screens and suddenly it loses connection with Doorbird and I have to login to HE and do an auto setup, I have to take do this every few days.

I'm using Doorbird2 driver.

On 7/3/2018 at 9:59 AM, SY3 said:

For those using the Doorbird, curious how you like it?  Looking at adding the D101S unit since it supports ONVIF so I can incorporate it into my existing Luma NVR.  

I've had a very good experience with mine. No connectivity issues and the app works well for remote viewing/notifications. The integration with C4 has been solid for over a year. I don't have any T3s, but do have the doorbell video pop up on a couple of my TVs with EA1s on doorbell press. My biggest complaint is the less than stellar video resolution--would really like to seem them get up to 1080p. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.