C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Fire TV Stick - Slow IP control

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

It looks like a new FireTV 4k issue. Never had problem with old Fire TVs. Initially though it's because it's going on wifi and used the Dongle with static IP and still have the same problem.

There is a lot of lag between commands. Used the Driver from FustionResearch and that seemed to help a little bit, but issue is still there with this new FireTV 4k. Really annoying. Did anyone find a solution ?

41 minutes ago, vkkotha said:

It looks like a new FireTV 4k issue. Never had problem with old Fire TVs. Initially though it's because it's going on wifi and used the Dongle with static IP and still have the same problem.

There is a lot of lag between commands. Used the Driver from FustionResearch and that seemed to help a little bit, but issue is still there with this new FireTV 4k. Really annoying. Did anyone find a solution ?

VideoStorm's IRUSB dongle works a treat.

I've also seen the delay in control as well across a few different projects, including at my own house. As others said, likely due to control via ADB.

It's not a lot, but it's enough to be annoying considering the Roku, AppleTV  and Kodi are instantaneous.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, timbooo said:

A flirc from ebay is like 20 quid (your currency may vary) and IR control is way faster. You lose the nice app shortcuts obviously.

so for 10 extra it works even faster, is a cleaner install and you keep the app short cuts.......pretty brainless choice if you ask me

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

so for 10 extra it works even faster, is a cleaner install and you keep the app short cuts.......pretty brainless choice if you ask me

I realised after I posted this was a bit of an old thread, a bit of looking around and seems the Houselogix driver doesn't even exist anymore (which makes your reply all the more confusing).

Personally I have no problems with the stock C4 ip/adb driver. It's a bit slower than the Apple TV but not to any painful extent. Was just throwing the FLIRC into the ring as I have used it previously and it hadn't been mentioned.

I'll get my coat.

1 hour ago, timbooo said:

(which makes your reply all the more confusing)

I meant this

On 12/4/2017 at 9:40 PM, alanchow said:

VideoStorm's IRUSB dongle works a treat.

Which was posted a few posts above And gives IP control with app selection

1 hour ago, timbooo said:

Houselogix driver doesn't even exist anymore

It was never houselogix' they just sold it, the driver is very much still around and is now on drivercentral

• 2 months later...

So I'm giving up on the IP control...it drops off randomly on IP control and the control is just delayed enough to annoy the client...

I'm having problems actually getting the flirc to work with my Amazon Fire TV. I insert the flirc usb into my computer, program the buttons successfully and then plug it into my Amazon Fire TV usb slot and then nothing works. Is there something I'm missing here?

2 hours ago, dcovach said:

Houselogix's driver also uses ADB.  The driver linked above is our driver for the Videostorm IRUSB device.  It requires purchase/installation of the IRUSB and does not require ADB for control. It provides full IP control over the Amazon Fire TV.

8 hours ago, alanchow said:

Houselogix's driver also uses ADB.  The driver linked above is our driver for the Videostorm IRUSB device.  It requires purchase/installation of the IRUSB and does not require ADB for control. It provides full IP control over the Amazon Fire TV.

Couldn't we just use a flirc device?

Archived