C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale

alanchow

Finally pulled the trigger and bought the Kodi full driver on the Black Friday sale.

i see a lot of learning and work in my future trying to figure out how to rip my Blu Rays and use what everyone seems to think is an awesome driver!

21 minutes ago, jfh said:

Finally pulled the trigger and bought the Kodi full driver on the Black Friday sale.

i see a lot of learning and work in my future trying to figure out how to rip my Blu Rays and use what everyone seems to think is an awesome driver!

Best format for Blu-Ray is probably mkv. The fact that KODI can't mount iso or read ifo files is what's kept me from it personally, the driver itself is fantastic though. If I ever find time to do it, I may go over my full library and redo all TV-shows and use kodi separately just for them.

Yep it's MKV alright. Totally the way to go just waiting for Makemkv to go H.265 that would be awesome....As for Alan's driver don't forget all the other tip bits like TV, music, notifications etc but remember building a decent Kodi box to use all the features of the driver is a hobby and labour of love and they do require a bit of maintenance and I took off all the bogus torrent links etc to make it legit which is a bit of reverse engineering I know but at least I sleep well at night LOL BTW there are really good 4K Kodi boxes now out there which is now the standard hardware. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

Best format for Blu-Ray is probably mkv. The fact that KODI can't mount iso or read ifo files is what's kept me from it personally, the driver itself is fantastic though. If I ever find time to do it, I may go over my full library and redo all TV-shows and use kodi separately just for them.

Yep 100% agree MKV is best for Blu-Ray -That's pretty much exactly what I have done :) 

Enjoy, I’m down that path now. Now building a NAS for all my ripped blu-rays I watch using the kodi full driver :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, koxkp said:

Enjoy, I’m down that path now. Now building a NAS for all my ripped blu-rays I watch using the kodi full driver :)

Tips on tools, apps and hardware welcome.  I have a NAS, but I have about 900 Blu Rays to rip. :)

Going to look for some sort of BluRay autoloader

On 11/24/2017 at 7:35 PM, wappinghigh said:

GET THE KODI FULL DRIVER RIGHT NOW YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! 

Thanks Alex.  Glad you enjoy our driver.  Alot of love went into this driver and its one that i (and my family) use everyday at home.

On 11/24/2017 at 9:18 PM, David Paxton said:

Excellent news.

Would also like to highlight the great customer service Alan provides, Had a small Issue with setting up one of his drivers and received support within a few hours

Always great to get positive feedback David.  Thank you.

On 11/25/2017 at 9:17 AM, pfissure said:

Alan, how do I as an end-user and not a dealer purchase the IFTTT driver?  I can have my dealer install it.  

As everyone mentions you need to get your dealer to purchase and install the driver for you.  There are some remote dealers like Mitch who can assist as well if your dealer can't help.

Archived