C4 Forums | Control4

4sight subscription

Elena

Hi. I just had installed yesterday the Control 4 800. I know is a bit old however it does what we need. Everything was working just fine until the guy left. Now my app asks me for a 4sight subscription... it works on the remote just not on the IPad app.. why?. Thanks

What I have is a Mesh system all around the house because the Virgin internet loses power in the whole house. My iPad doesn’t have internet connection and it only works on WiFi. 

The engineer was connected to his laptop into the control 4box and my app was working. As soon he left it stopped working although is still working on the Control 4 remote. 😭

Make sure the Control4 app is the latest version. Delete your system out of the app by selecting the edit option and go the bottom for delete. Make sure the ipad is on the correct WiFi network. Start by adding a new system and make sure the email address and password used match your account settings. Go to my.control.com and select owners and try signing in to verify your account information. The web log in and app log in will match.

It may not be connecting as the IP address of your control4 processor may have changed, what you can do is download an app called Fing and do a network scan and find out the ip of your control4 processor and edit the system in the app and charge the ip.

Alternatively delete the system from your control4 app and add it again doing this the iPad will search for the processor

To stop this from happening in the future you can ask your dealer to fix the IP address of your processor outside your dhcp range or make a reservation for it on your router I think this is possible on the oem virgin router

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/20/2018 at 5:05 AM, Elena said:

What I have is a Mesh system all around the house because the Virgin internet loses power in the whole house

I'm going to venture a guess and say that it's not a true mesh system.

I strongly suspect whatever AP you're connecting to is on a vlan or otherwise blocked from talking to the main network.

• 1 year later...

I've had the Control4 system and IPhone app since Dec 2017. The APP more and more often won't connect and I get a message that reads A 4Sight subscription is required to connect to your system remotely. We use the APP on my wife's IPhone and IPad as well and get the same message. After trying to connect repeatedly, it usually does connect on my IPhone. My wife's devices seem to connect more successfully. Recently none of the devices will connect with the Security function and show the cameras. So this morning, I deleted he system and re-added it again. I am certain I am using the correct email and password. I even entered the IP address. Now it will not connect at all. I get the same "A 4Sight subscription is required" message.

Please help 

I am also going to assume you are on OS 2?  Some changes were made to the latest release of the OS 2 mobile app that caused that.  IDK if that was on purpose or not

There were issues a number of months ago, but they released an update. I’ve had no problems at home or remote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/22/2020 at 8:35 PM, msgreenf said:

I am also going to assume you are on OS 2?  Some changes were made to the latest release of the OS 2 mobile app that caused that.  IDK if that was on purpose or not

I'm on IOS 12.4.1 with 13.3 in the que for auto download. Control4 version 2.10.12

On 1/22/2020 at 10:15 AM, Lew said:

I've had the Control4 system and IPhone app since Dec 2017. The APP more and more often won't connect and I get a message that reads A 4Sight subscription is required to connect to your system remotely. We use the APP on my wife's IPhone and IPad as well and get the same message. After trying to connect repeatedly, it usually does connect on my IPhone. My wife's devices seem to connect more successfully. Recently none of the devices will connect with the Security function and show the cameras. So this morning, I deleted he system and re-added it again. I am certain I am using the correct email and password. I even entered the IP address. Now it will not connect at all. I get the same "A 4Sight subscription is required" message.

Please help 

It sounds to me like the app isn't getting SSDP replies from the controller -- or perhaps that your iOS devices are using WiFi Assist (which uses LTE when iOS thinks the WiFi isn't great).  Without 4Sight any connections that employ WiFi Assist would be problematic.  Same deal for camera connections.  You can check if WiFi assist is enabled and / or turn it off:

https://www.imore.com/how-to-turn-off-wifi-assist-ios-iphone

and see if that makes a difference.

21 hours ago, msgreenf said:

There is no os 2.10.12. 2.10.6 is latest

When I click on the "i" About inside the app, it reads version 2.10.12.9.

However, I logged onto Customer control on my desktop and under My System, it reads Smart Home OS 2.10.4

12 hours ago, MikeMc said:

It sounds to me like the app isn't getting SSDP replies from the controller -- or perhaps that your iOS devices are using WiFi Assist (which uses LTE when iOS thinks the WiFi isn't great).  Without 4Sight any connections that employ WiFi Assist would be problematic.  Same deal for camera connections.  You can check if WiFi assist is enabled and / or turn it off:

https://www.imore.com/how-to-turn-off-wifi-assist-ios-iphone

and see if that makes a difference.

Thank you for your suggestion. I checked as you suggested and my WiFi assist was off. I turned it on, made no difference, so I turned it back to off. Also I have the Control 4 Cellular data toggled off so it only works on WiFi. The APP still can't find my system.

• 2 weeks later...

For whatever reason my Iphone has finally located and hooked up to my system. So I can control the TV's on the system. However, none of our three devices or my main TV will connect with the cameras. The Icons for each camera come up but just spin. Any thoughts? 

2 hours ago, Lew said:

For whatever reason my Iphone has finally located and hooked up to my system. So I can control the TV's on the system. However, none of our three devices or my main TV will connect with the cameras. The Icons for each camera come up but just spin. Any thoughts? 

sounds like if this was a recent install you should have the installer come back to service the system. If not you can get a new dealer or get a remote dealer to take a look. there are many variables here that need to be checked.

On 2/2/2020 at 5:38 PM, msgreenf said:

Lots of thoughts but not enough info to help.

What cameras?

I have six Hikvision Usa Inc. OD2722VZ cameras and a Hikvision Usa Inc. DS-7316HQHI-SH-4TB. These cameras were viewable under the Control4 Security icon. Now they are not visible. The cameras come up but have no picture. Just spinning like they're trying to connect but can't 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.