C4 Forums | Control4

Impending Control4 iOS app update?

pinkoos

I've been on the iOS 13 GM for about a week and now the official release came out today

The Control4 app is pretty buggy under iOS 13 - any dealers out there know of an impending update?

I'm using the legacy app as I don't have recent enough controllers to use the "new" app that came out a few months ago

Thanks

I've been on the iOS 13 GM for about a week and now the official release came out today
The Control4 app is pretty buggy under iOS 13 - any dealers out there know of an impending update?
I'm using the legacy app as I don't have recent enough controllers to use the "new" app that came out a few months ago
Thanks

C4 doesn’t pre announce anything. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had little to no problem with ios 13, there are been small issues but compared to previous beta's this is one of the best.  I more often then not have issues with app's that don't yet support the new ios.  Example being Control4 0S 3, has a few quirks but the latest app update has fixed most of those. I'd go so far as to say, outside one small issue I continue to see, this may be the best Control4 App version I've had the pleasure of using

26 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

I've had little to no problem with ios 13, there are been small issues but compared to previous beta's this is one of the best.  I more often then not have issues with app's that don't yet support the new ios.  Example being Control4 0S 3, has a few quirks but the latest app update has fixed most of those. I'd go so far as to say, outside one small issue I continue to see, this may be the best Control4 App version I've had the pleasure of using

Same. Haven't noticed anything with iOS 13 since updating and OS 3(.1) is great across all my platforms. 

10 minutes ago, Captain2107 said:

Here what I have found so far wrong. I am on OS2 app and the “listen” icon does not show up anymore in any room and the bottom info bar when music is playing doesn’t show the “zone” icon or the forward/pause buttons like it used to.

refresh navs.

1 hour ago, Captain2107 said:

Here what I have found so far wrong. I am on OS2 app and the “listen” icon does not show up anymore in any room and the bottom info bar when music is playing doesn’t show the “zone” icon or the forward/pause buttons like it used to.

Yes, these are some of the issues I am having as well

Refreshed the navigators and then couldn’t log back into the app. Power cycled the controller and still missing the “listen” icon and the play bar items down below. Dry slow to load up the app as well now. Appears to freeze for even deleted the C4 app and reloaded it. Not help either.

8 hours ago, Captain2107 said:

There's a bug in iOS 13 that's causing this behavior.  It will be fixed in iOS 13.1 which is set to be released September 24th.  (You can beta 13.1 now if you're so inclined!)

5 hours ago, MikeMc said:

What issue are you experiencing?

Occasionally, some elements of the app. are very slow to load.  Not the app as a whole, but specific elements... An example would be the now playing bar, on very rare occasions it doesn't load at all and I have to restart the app.  This isn't limited to the now playing bar though, I've see it with other sections.   

It has however gotten much better then the original release of the new app and in my opinion is still the best and fastest the app has ever been. 

On 9/20/2019 at 2:57 PM, Captain2107 said:

I have the same issue with the 2.10.11(3) beta app, this beta is for fixing Amcrest Camera Thumbs and works great, after the IOS 13, no matter what, Listen Icon does not appear in any room as well as some missing Icons from Watch or Listen in the bottom.

14 hours ago, Amr said:

I have the same issue with the 2.10.11(3) beta app, this beta is for fixing Amcrest Camera Thumbs and works great, after the IOS 13, no matter what, Listen Icon does not appear in any room as well as some missing Icons from Watch or Listen in the bottom.

I would update to the iOS beta. I hear iOS 13.1 beta 4 is good.

On 9/20/2019 at 8:57 AM, Captain2107 said:

same for me.  The listen icon is missing.  Also, can't see active zones in bottom right corner.  That button is invisible, however if you click where it should be, it still allows you to see what active zones are playing.  C4 needs to update their OS2 app.  My C4 hardware isn't new enough, so i'm not on C4 OS3 yet.

48 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

same for me.  The listen icon is missing.  Also, can't see active zones in bottom right corner.  That button is invisible, however if you click where it should be, it still allows you to see what active zones are playing.  C4 needs to update their OS2 app.  My C4 hardware isn't new enough, so i'm not on C4 OS3 yet.

The issue is not the app. The issue is the Apple OS. iOS 13.1 beta 4 does not have any of the issues that iOS 13 release does.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.