C4 Forums | Control4

New Handheld SR Remote Control?

LOL I love all the psychics on this thread that had pre-visions of what the remote will look like and how it will function without a microphone.

Let's keep it on the level here, everything in this post is pure conjecture. The images of the new "C4" remote are just old images of the Neeo prototype that any Google search will produce.

In short, you'll know more when they publicly announce it. Anything anyone has to say before then is frankly, bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Gene said:

True but images don't lie and aren't normally removed ...  We shall see...

So you missed the part where those images have been available for years before the Control4 purchase was even announced?

Like I said, everyone is basing their theories over old pictures. And guesses.

7 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

And if it looks like the old Neeo....I still stand by WHY?

Want a touchscreen, use a phone.

Want buttons? Don't use the Neeo....

The only true appeal is aesthetics. After that if it's what was previously shown a SR 260 is superior. I could see maybe someone using it in an area they would have put a touchscreen but didn't want to do that.

44 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

And if it looks like the old Neeo....I still stand by WHY?

Want a touchscreen, use a phone.

Want buttons? Don't use the Neeo....

my preference would be for hard buttons for heavy use tasks such as channel and volume up/down, etc.  haptic feedback for some other buttons on a touch screen would be really nice for things like shortcuts.  

To me its that black/yellow/green whatever box on the top of the SR250 and SR260 - it looks like a DOS program from the 80s.  Functional yes but when you look at what other companies are rolling out it is 2-3 iterations behind design wise.  You can argue it and I am sure you will, but from a design standpoint its 15+ years old.  I had Harmony remotes prior to C4 from 2010-2014 which had a better button lay out and some color screens with buttons on the side (yes real buttons) well before I got my first SR250.  I'd take a color screen even if its not a touch screen.  The ability to change what goes on that color screen would be fantastic.

25 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

my preference would be for hard buttons for heavy use tasks such as channel and volume up/down, etc.  haptic feedback for some other buttons on a touch screen would be really nice for things like shortcuts.  

To me its that black/yellow/green whatever box on the top of the SR250 and SR260 - it looks like a DOS program from the 80s.  Functional yes but when you look at what other companies are rolling out it is 2-3 iterations behind design wise.  You can argue it and I am sure you will, but from a design standpoint its 15+ years old.  I had Harmony remotes prior to C4 from 2010-2014 which had a better button lay out and some color screens with buttons on the side (yes real buttons) well before I got my first SR250.  I'd take a color screen even if its not a touch screen.  The ability to change what goes on that color screen would be fantastic.

I Agree! So true!  I had to laugh at the DOS comment...Good one!  Atleast its orange not green! HA!  Hopefully they will come up with something people will want! (Crestron, etc... all redo and produce new products people buy even if they are simple but with a different spin/innovative idea...hopefully C4 will do the same now that SnapAV is in charge).

33 minutes ago, Gene said:

I Agree! So true!  I had to laugh at the DOS comment...Good one!  Atleast its orange not green! HA!  Hopefully they will come up with something people will want! (Crestron, etc... all redo and produce new products people buy even if they are simple but with a different spin/innovative idea...hopefully C4 will do the same now that SnapAV is in charge).

You could make it green. Or Blue, or Purple, Or....

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

Functional yes but when you look at what other companies are rolling out it is 2-3 iterations behind design wise

I don't completely disagree. But then again, that also means you haven't had to buy 2-3 devices since then to keep them working. 😉

48 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

and you ready to pay 3-4x a remote vs todays prices?

do what Crestron does - offer 2 remotes.  Fancy and non Fancy.  Those that want color and touchscreens and customizations will be looking at $800-$1000 but I am fairly sure C4 can offer something more elegant than the 260 for $300-$400.

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:
4 minutes ago, KWD said:
What C4 really needs to change is the pre-configured remotes. I understand it keeps things easy and the same across remotes, I just wish there was more customization. 

You mean proxies?

Proxies?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.