C4 Forums | Control4

New Handheld SR Remote Control?

Even though most people say 'use an ipad, or phone, etc..' a basic remote with functionality can be sold if its marketed and innovative (plus, it depends on market and user base).  I agree that hard buttons and functionality will sell the device.  That innovation needs to be tied to function (could be mic/voice, etc...).  Great companies get consumers to buy things because they show the customer how they should 'want' something even if its something the customer really doesn't 'need'.  We shall see what c4 comes up with.  Crestron's 2 remotes work because they are updated and not like other remotes but work with their ecosystem.  Hopefully C4 will introduce something we all want.

23 hours ago, EverAction said:

So you missed the part where those images have been available for years before the Control4 purchase was even announced?

Like I said, everyone is basing their theories over old pictures. And guesses.

Wait, are you saying that Control4 released these exact pictures of the Neeo remotes years before the Control4 purchase? Or are you saying that pictures of the Neeo remote have been around for years? I haven't seen or been able to find any Neeo pictures resembling the one in the Instagram post.

Since the picture backgrounds of both the SR260 remote from the second post and the original "C4 Neeo" post are identical, it makes it more likely that this was a legitimate leak. Also, that looks like a C4 logo at the top of the "C4 Neeo" screen.

Any image can be faked, and this is obviously all conjecture before an official announcement. But based on the info available, it appears to be existing Neeo hardware with C4-specific software.

52 minutes ago, WhyPhy said:

Wait, are you saying that Control4 released these exact pictures of the Neeo remotes years before the Control4 purchase? Or are you saying that pictures of the Neeo remote have been around for years? I haven't seen or been able to find any Neeo pictures resembling the one in the Instagram post.

Since the picture backgrounds of both the SR260 remote from the second post and the original "C4 Neeo" post are identical, it makes it more likely that this was a legitimate leak. Also, that looks like a C4 logo at the top of the "C4 Neeo" screen.

Any image can be faked, and this is obviously all conjecture before an official announcement. But based on the info available, it appears to be existing Neeo hardware with C4-specific software.

I'm saying that picture of the Neeo remote that was posted on Instagram (screenshots within this topic) have been seen before the Control4 purchase was announced. You can still bring up those photos on Neeo's website.

https://planet.neeo.com/t/m22yqs/neeo-launches-neeo-pro

It's not a fake photo. It's not a legitimate leak. It's some dealer upping his marketing game. There is no such thing as a legitimate leak, because if it happened Control4 would revoke that dealership. Control4 doesn't pre-announce or leak anything, ever. Everyone is getting all goo goo ga ga over stuff that is easily searchable off of Google.

So back to my key point for this thread, everything stated here is bullshit until Control4 announces something.

1 hour ago, EverAction said:

I'm saying that picture of the Neeo remote that was posted on Instagram (screenshots within this topic) have been seen before the Control4 purchase was announced. You can still bring up those photos on Neeo's website.

https://planet.neeo.com/t/m22yqs/neeo-launches-neeo-pro

That's not the same picture that was posted previously. What was posted on Instagram is a new picture of what appears to be the previously announced Neeo Pro. Please post where that exact picture from Instagram of two Neeo Remotes (one sliver, one black) with a Control 4 logo and wood-grain panel background was posted before the removed Instagram post.

Control4 doesn't pre-announce or leak anything, ever.

So back to my key point for this thread, everything stated here is bullshit until Control4 announces something.

I think you're missing the point that there's a difference between an accidental leak and a planned leak. This appears to be an accidental leak of a legitimate product product photo occurring before it was supposed to. No company is infallible.

Everything here is conjecture. The conjecture may or may not be correct. When/if an official announcement happens, we can then judge if the conjecture is BS or accurate prediction of a product prior to release.

I won't elaborate further on this topic, and don't know where that image came from, but the UI shown on the remotes is absolutely *not* a picture of the UI on the remote.

I do know exactly where that came from... It's an early mock-up of a 'now playing' screen (including the cover art media that's shown on the mock-ups).

Although the speculation is fun to read.  :)

RyanE

They start disecting the image and pointing out the "wood grain" background as proof it was a C4 produced image. Here's another! The conspiracy continues! 😂

Surprisingly, they have medium brown Wood Grain both in the US and Switzerland, as well as down under...

:)

RyanE

Photoshop can do anything but the now taken down photo had some odd purple LED light on top and it could be how the album art was rendered but the screen appears to be a different shape

again I am sure that whenever the Neeo/C4 remote is released it is going to look somewhat like previous Neeo remotes - otherwise why did C4 buy them if they are going to release a minimally updated SR-270 that looks like the 260 that looks like the 250.

And I am going to contact my lawyer re: copywriting the use of wood grain in product photography.  see if I can corner that market!

2 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

And I am going to contact my lawyer re: copywriting the use of wood grain in product photography.  see if I can corner that market!

11 minutes ago, RyanE said:

Surprisingly, they have medium brown Wood Grain both in the US and Switzerland, as well as down under...

:)

RyanE

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Wait, anyone can use wood grain?

LOL this is too funny!!!!

On 10/23/2019 at 10:46 AM, msgreenf said:
On 10/23/2019 at 7:35 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:
Yes press a mic button to listen 

And that is not what was suggested. They were talking about an always listening remote. That would kill the battery and like I said no one does that.

What would be really useful for me (and more practical I think) would be a remote that always listens when in the docking station (ie with mains power) and a mic button for when it is lieing loose...

I could then dump loads of Echo Dots 

13 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

What would be really useful for me (and more practical I think) would be a remote that always listens when in the docking station (ie with mains power) and a mic button for when it is lieing loose...

I could then dump loads of Echo Dots 

but if you already own the Dot, and the Dots are like $30 USD, why the bother?  Do they cause that much clutter?  My wife who is a minimalist and hates my technology stuff all the house could care less about a Dot on a shelf somewhere.  And the Dot can talk about with information - if said remote only had a mic but no speaker, you cannot ask it important questions like how old is Vince Vaughn or how many times was Cher married - these are important things to know when watching TV!

On 10/24/2019 at 3:21 PM, eggzlot said:

Photoshop can do anything but the now taken down photo had some odd purple LED light on top

That’s not an LED light, it’s a small red and white C4 logo on a black background on the LED screen. It most likely would serve as a home command to get back to the main interface. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.