C4 Forums | Control4

Another Automatic update for the Neeo Today.

Matt Lowe

36 minutes ago, BuffaloC4 said:

Would love to see a pic of the volume feedback! Can’t wait to get home from work! 

I am actually getting quite excited about this! One of my gripes with my setup (not a C4 issue!) at present is that my Denon at home in our bedroom lounge (This is a X2300W) does not do OSD volume overlay for 4K sources (works fine on my HD cable channel and other HD sources).  The Denon in our holiday home bedroom lounge overlays volume on both 4K and HD (this is an X3500 - from memory) and works for 4K but, oddly, not HD on the beast (an X8500 - again from memory) in our holiday house theatre, so volume feedback on the remote would be great!!!

As an aside, my home theatre at my main home works just fine, but that is a Rotel and HD only. At some stage I will need to fork out to upgrade to 4K but that will be expensive!

The update came through overnight for me.

Security update is a great start.  Will get excited on this when we have access to the security system (even if it is very limited) and cameras.

The volume feedback is great and super responsive.  Probably the best feature on the remote and all via a software update!

I did not notice the other improvements that @Matt Lowe mentioned but, I only played around for a couple of minutes, so am sure that I will pick them up tonight.

39 minutes ago, BuffaloC4 said:

My remote has been on cradle for 14+ hours with no firmware update. Is there any way to force fw? 

If you have Composer HE, check the Component Auto Update Event and the Component Forced Auto Update event in; Agents - scheduler and that it is set to daily.

Mine was defaulted to Weekly and had to wait nearly a week for  the previous Neeo update.

I think it would be nice for the hard controls to take over for the navigation of the Neeo screen in certain situations.  Eg when I press watch, I almost always naturally move to using the hard controls (the ring) to try and navigate the watch menu... 

This could be an option if some people don’t want it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.