C4 Forums | Control4

Composer and hardware Doubts - OS3 and new setup

Hello, I need some help to decide. I want to extend control4 to another apartment in the same building. As I want to avoid paying the new setup to my current dealer I want to know if I can use account of composer pro with two directors? or I should update my current system (buying some EA1 and T3) to OS3 to add a new site in my current account? The HC800 can support and work properly with two houses? 

Current setup:

I have access to C4 composer pro version: 2.10.6.561784-res

1 HC800-E-B-NR

4 HC250-BL

1 C4-TSWMC7-EG-WH (In-wall 7” Touch screen V2)

Also C4-4sight and 1 MyHome site license.

I cannot update OS3 as I have HC250 and touch v2.

Please, dealers PM if you can quote me the equipment required (I need the dimmers and keypad in 240v version).

Thank you very much!

Yes, I only did some programming and installing just one hc250. I think the upgrade is just installing the composer 3.1 which I have and removing the hc250 and touchscreen. But the problem is that I will lost plenty of functions and in some of them there are rs232 connection for somfy curtains. Also, the hc250 will continue being a zigbee server as I will not be integrated?

25 minutes ago, Repliak said:

Yes, I only did some programming and installing just one hc250. I think the upgrade is just installing the composer 3.1 which I have and removing the hc250 and touchscreen. But the problem is that I will lost plenty of functions and in some of them there are rs232 connection for somfy curtains. Also, the hc250 will continue being a zigbee server as I will not be integrated?

No, HC250 is totally out to be able to upgrade to OS3, period. For Zigbee use Zigbee to IO or the older Zigbee Extender 3!

FYI you won’t lose anything, if you know how to do it properly

Ea1 has rs232 too...

I’m all for helping everyone and anyone but something just doesn’t seem right here....

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont understand what you mean with something doesnt seem right. I think i will leave the current apartment with 2.10 and the other one with the new setup. What I trying to avoid is the exagerate overcost of the dealers here in Argentina that will x2,5 in the hardware. 

What does not seem right is that if you are not a dealer (or associated with a dealer) you should not legally have access to Pro.  If you are a dealer (or associate) then you wouldn’t be asking these questions.

Exactly what I meant I was just trying to be nice about it

:)

M

Probably best you speak to your dealer and get some training from them so you’re more clued up on programming and upgrading and how to do it properly.

This forum is more for homeowners who need help with their systems and can’t / don’t want to contact their dealers for various reasons.

M

There really needs to be a "READ ME FIRST" post when you come to this site. A lot of people come here asking this type of question and get the usual snark (i was guilty last week). Would be easier to just point them to the README post.

I think a lot of people come to this site thinking its mostly made up of users instead of dealers. This isnt the place to ask for Composer Pro.

28 minutes ago, therockhr said:

There really needs to be a "READ ME FIRST" post when you come to this site. A lot of people come here asking this type of question and get the usual snark (i was guilty last week). Would be easier to just point them to the README post.

I think a lot of people come to this site thinking its mostly made up of users instead of dealers. This isnt the place to ask for Composer Pro.

I agree

I've always thought there should be a Welcome sub forum or at the top of the General Forum have 2-3 Sticky's that never drop down.  One could be a READ ME First, one could be simply titled Do not Ask for DIY/Pro access, whatever.  any thoughts/complaints etc can be dumped there

not sure who moderates the boards these days though

7 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

I agree

I've always thought there should be a Welcome sub forum or at the top of the General Forum have 2-3 Sticky's that never drop down.  One could be a READ ME First, one could be simply titled Do not Ask for DIY/Pro access, whatever.  any thoughts/complaints etc can be dumped there

not sure who moderates the boards these days though

Yep. Probably be best to have one of the sticky threads titled exactly that.

I have no problem with the quarterly "why cant we have access to pro" debate. It's tedious but it generates some discussion.

The new users coming in who ask about getting Pro just need to be told they are in the wrong place. No reason for any more discussion.

1 hour ago, Repliak said:

I understand all the comments but I would like to DIY as a kind of hobby. The dealer give me access as I have some knowledge of programming scenes and some other things. 

That is a awesome cool dealer. He gave you composer pro license? what is the dealers name?

43 minutes ago, therockhr said:

Yep. Probably be best to have one of the sticky threads titled exactly that.

I have no problem with the quarterly "why cant we have access to pro" debate. It's tedious but it generates some discussion.

The new users coming in who ask about getting Pro just need to be told they are in the wrong place. No reason for any more discussion.

heck make "why cant we have access to pro" in its own sticky.  If you want to read the circular commentary have at it!

20 hours ago, Repliak said:

I understand all the comments but I would like to DIY as a kind of hobby. The dealer give me access as I have some knowledge of programming scenes and some other things. 

If the dealer set you up with Composer Pro (not debating that here as doing that without also requiring training seems sketchy), I would not recommend going around him for stuff you still need him for.  He can yank that access if you upset him...

18 minutes ago, turls said:

If the dealer set you up with Composer Pro (not debating that here as doing that without also requiring training seems sketchy), I would not recommend going around him for stuff you still need him for.  He can yank that access if you upset him...

Yes for sure. I only use the composer for minor things as installing one hc250, some window sensors and some events programming. 

20 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Here is the sticky... maybe it should be moved from the top of the Software sub-forum to the top of the General sub forum or maybe even to the top of every sub-forum?

It was such a long time since I wrote that. 😆

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.