C4 Forums | Control4

IOS Shortcuts - Where are these coming from?

In the IOS Shortcuts app, I have a dozen or so Control4 actions show up. Where do these come from? 

Amusingly, they don't work when I trigger them  - but if I can figure out where they come from, maybe there's something I can do.

How can I manipulate these and otherwise do interesting things with them? Ideally I would expose C4 Media or Lighting Scenes to Siri and just trigger them as needed. 

(I'm aware of the HomeBridge drivers, but am not yet using it. I'm learnings the basics of C4 programming before I dive into that...)

File Jul 17, 10 56 06 PM.jpeg

13 hours ago, ChrisM said:

In the IOS Shortcuts app, I have a dozen or so Control4 actions show up. Where do these come from? 

Amusingly, they don't work when I trigger them  - but if I can figure out where they come from, maybe there's something I can do.

How can I manipulate these and otherwise do interesting things with them? Ideally I would expose C4 Media or Lighting Scenes to Siri and just trigger them as needed. 

(I'm aware of the HomeBridge drivers, but am not yet using it. I'm learnings the basics of C4 programming before I dive into that...)

File Jul 17, 10 56 06 PM.jpeg

I have a similar issue. I only seem to be able to see the same first page of my list. Would be great to be able to have a shortcut to a garage door or gate 

59672852-3512-4A11-99DA-2CF3A7896856.png

Although these shortcuts appear in Siri they are not useable. To use them the phone has to be unlocked and when calling the shortcut it opens the app and attempts to toggle light loads etc. If the app takes too long to load or is set to the wrong room it won’t replicate the correct action. 

I have been working on this as I wanted to be able to turn lights on and open gates/garages using Siri. This is now working with a big shout out to @david@berto.co.uk. I set up my own Raspberry Pi 4 and then had David help me out to install his drivers. I am on a trial license for now but have been able to surface my gates and garages in HomeKit. I have a iOS shortcut which opens my gates and my garage doors as I am driving home. I have also created light scenes in HomeKit which I can call up using Siri. You don’t even need to use shortcuts for that. 

The system has been bullet proof so far and I will be buying a full license to allow media devices and connecting with google. 

Chowmain has updated their TCP commands driver to work with Siri.

You create an event in the driver in Control4
You create a shortcut in IOS calling said url
Documented in the driver.

Hey Siri....

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5305718de4b0e8a52d75a8cc/t/5f1516a006a2aa412302d8b8/1595217652709/Chowmain+-+Generic+TCP+Command+Driver+Installation+Guide.pdf

Chowmain has updated their TCP commands driver to work with Siri.
You create an event in the driver in Control4
You create a shortcut in IOS calling said url
Documented in the driver.
Hey Siri....
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5305718de4b0e8a52d75a8cc/t/5f1516a006a2aa412302d8b8/1595217652709/Chowmain+-+Generic+TCP+Command+Driver+Installation+Guide.pdf

Is this driver communicating 2-ways with Control4?

3192750_FileJul17105606PM.thumb.jpeg.840bfe03e1cf37f23e27c0640cb78f68.jpeg

I think the thread got off track. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the official C4 app is what’s generating these shortcut options. Hoping it’s a sign of things to come. Would be a great addition.

18 hours ago, Tim Williams said:

I think the thread got off track. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the official C4 app is what’s generating these shortcut options. Hoping it’s a sign of things to come. Would be a great addition.

Unfortunately they just don’t work properly. iOS tries to open the C4 app to carry out the command and with OS3 taking so long to connect it never works. I am also yet to find out how to push commands into this list. It seems to have a mind of its own. There are better ways to get C4 items into shortcuts by linking it the the HomeKit. 

Unfortunately they just don’t work properly. iOS tries to open the C4 app to carry out the command and with OS3 taking so long to connect it never works. I am also yet to find out how to push commands into this list. It seems to have a mind of its own. There are better ways to get C4 items into shortcuts by linking it the the HomeKit. 

New update to the C4 app today seems to load faster (with better startup feedback), but shortcuts still don’t work. Even with the app already loaded and connected they don’t work. Hoping this is resolved and the shortcuts become functional.

11 hours ago, zaphod said:

The driver was recently upgraded so that it can receive commands via a http URL.

That is correct.  It was never designed to be a full blown replacement for Navigator nor was it designed to be a full API.  It is designed for quick macros.  Since it doesn't have to open up any 3rd party apps (like Control4s app) it pretty much executes the command instantly from when you select the shortcut.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.