C4 Forums | Control4

What is best satellite system to use with control4? Dish or DirectTV?

2 hours ago, Jack_Ckun said:

dish has the better integration. the DIRECTV driver stops working once you get deep in to settings on the DTV receiver. This may have been fixed though.

This is only on the genie mini boxes. The main box allows full menu control, the reason why the mini boxes can't is they are technically tuners from the main box remotely accessed through the mini box. Once in the menus you are controlling the main box thus it doesn't work. If we have enough free emmiter ports we typically also put an emmiter on the mini boxes and have a button send the IR code to exit out of the menus and also use for power on/off in case it gets out of sync since the IP power codes can't work either.

9 hours ago, JSTRONG said:

Dish integration via ip was always super responsive and it had feedback including live guide on the panel interface. 
I thought I read this integration broke now. 

we had dish until October and it was still working 100%

On 3/1/2021 at 6:25 AM, ekohn00 said:

we have directv. no issues. works great. fully functional with remotes (250/260). wife approved.

Is your Directv IR or IP? We have major issues with pressing numbers on 2 different DTV boxes over IR (Genie 4k and HR54-200). Dealer says DTV IP is unreliable. Right now, the DTV remote works faster.

3 hours ago, jedigolf said:

Is your Directv IR or IP? We have major issues with pressing numbers on 2 different DTV boxes over IR (Genie 4k and HR54-200). Dealer says DTV IP is unreliable. Right now, the DTV remote works faster.

I’ve been running DTV on IP using a 260 and a Neeo for the last year.  Zero issues. Controlling a genie, mini box, and even a Samsung RVU client. Never misses a beat. 

I have dish hopper 3 with joey 4k. Integration is very responsive. You can browse dvr playlist in c4 app. If you have nest hello, you'll get screen pop of camera when someone rings the doorbell a few seconds after press.

9 hours ago, jedigolf said:

I have the Genie 2/4K using the IP driver. Haven't noticed any difference in speed between C4 and DTV remotes. I don't recall any number problems. We don't surf that way...but I'll double check.

The only issue I ever had is when selecting video (1080/4k/etc) and Audio from the menu, the C4 remote won't work to select and I grab the DTV remote (it's extremely rare I change so I forgot about that).

5 hours ago, samrwalker said:

I’ve been running DTV on IP using a 260 and a Neeo for the last year.  Zero issues. Controlling a genie, mini box, and even a Samsung RVU client. Never misses a beat. 

How do you like Surfing DTV with a NEEO?

I've been considering one, but without hard buttons I was thinking it's just really cool looking eye candy.

I came to a Neeo from a harmony touch remote, so it was just relearning muscle memory. I love the screen for all of my experience buttons I have for different variables in the house. I only use the Neo in the living room. In the bedrooms I’m sticking with the 260 for the time being so I can easily roll over and hit buttons while I’m falling asleep. 

I am interested in this as well as we have a new home being built and I am trying to decide between Dish, Directv, Comcast or streaming Youtube TV with Roku Ultra.  I have been with Directv since late 90's and they were great prior to ATT acquiring them.  Now they are un reasonable, do not negotiate and not willing to provide good customer service. In addition, ATT just sold 30% to TPG. Who knows how things will change for the better or worse.  I know the programming channels I like and 4K Directv has them while the others do not (Altitude Sports, Avs fan).  I did a check on drivers for Connect4 for HR54-500 and I am not seeing it listed.  I am hoping for IP Control for DirecTV Genie and WiFi minis if I stay with DirecTv.  Also, I did not see any drivers for Roku Ultra.  Anyone know what connect method is used and how it works?

4 hours ago, VIS said:

I am interested in this as well as we have a new home being built and I am trying to decide between Dish, Directv, Comcast or streaming Youtube TV with Roku Ultra.  I have been with Directv since late 90's and they were great prior to ATT acquiring them.  Now they are un reasonable, do not negotiate and not willing to provide good customer service. In addition, ATT just sold 30% to TPG. Who knows how things will change for the better or worse.  I know the programming channels I like and 4K Directv has them while the others do not (Altitude Sports, Avs fan).  I did a check on drivers for Connect4 for HR54-500 and I am not seeing it listed.  I am hoping for IP Control for DirecTV Genie and WiFi minis if I stay with DirecTv.  Also, I did not see any drivers for Roku Ultra.  Anyone know what connect method is used and how it works?

Can't comment on satellite but Roku Ultra is IP control and couldn't be easier. 

3 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

Can't comment on satellite but Roku Ultra is IP control and couldn't be easier. 

Thank you for the information regarding Roku Ultra's control.  I was searching via this site, https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse? and still do not see the drivers for Ultra.  Is this the best site to perform this search?  Am I searching incorrectly by typing in Roku?

31 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Just search for roku. There is a free ip driver that supports all models 

Thanks Neo, I will look at Blackwire Designs. 

msgreenf, attached is the results I receive from C4 site.  The search did not show any that are compatibile and control is blank.  I must be doing something wrong.

Roku C4 Search.pdf

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

its the first one

Not trying to be stuburn, rather undersand.  If it does not show any control method, how did you determine that it is support by IP? I know it is IP capable box both Wireless and Wired connectivity.  Is that way or?

3 minutes ago, VIS said:

Not trying to be stuburn, rather undersand.  If it does not show any control method, how did you determine that it is support by IP? I know it is IP capable box both Wireless and Wired connectivity.  Is that way or?

I have used it dozens, maybe a hundred times - i know it does :)

There are not Roku ULTRA drivers - all Rokus fall under a single driver - and as for IP control or other, that is easily seen in ComposerPro by a dealer, but not in the online database in many cases.

And yes in Roku's case it can do wireless control (wired is of course always better if available)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.